• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Politics Discussion

I watched a bit more of the hearing tonight from the other day. It was very hard to watch those brave officers being attacked trying to defend the capitol. They showed more restraint than I probably would have been able to.

Haha. What a drunk, hair dye dripping asshole.

Unlike the previous day time congressional hearing on January 6th, 2021, I was home today and I watched every minute with rapt attention. Mike Pence and his aide who testified today are truly national hero’s. I will never vote for Pence or Cheney but I applaud their patriotism. This is fascinating to watch and so very important.

Why did they speak the truth the day that it happened, but now say it is unimportant? The truth is the truth, be it in January 2021 or in June 2022.

Power is why.

Yes. The unbridled lust for power (for its own sake) is much of what's on display. Along with gross corruption, cycnicism, deceipt, hypocrisy, false moral equivalencies and third grade level lecturing and arguments. The Republicans have no vision of what they want to productively do with the power that would be in the best interest of the country. They just want to hold on to it and get even more. But they're still the party of No. They have zero fresh ideas of their own right now. (Beyond making the rich, richer. At the expense of the poor and the middle class.) We only know that they don't want anything Democrats want. Where's the vision for the present and future beyond being lying, money-grubbing a-holes?

Fortunately for me, the last few hearings of the January 6th committee have been on days when I was not working, and I’ve watched every minute intently. On another thread, I’ve mentioned how little interests me on television, but these hearings are captivating. Back in 1973 I was equally captivated by the Watergate hearings with Sam Irvin and Howard Baker and company. I do lt know what will come of these hearings in 2022, but at least there will be a public record as there was in 1973 of the criminal activities of the respective presidents, then and now.

I do not watch the hearings, I watch what Rachel Maddox & Lawrence O'Donnell have to say. The only thing that matters to me is whether these hearings lead to a criminal conviction of Trump.

Y’all? Lol. The hearing today. Lord have mercy.

Just when I think I’ve seen it all, we get more revelations of Trump out trumping Trump. Grabbing the steering wheel, grabbing the throat of his secret service guy, throwing a plate of food against the wall, ripping the tablecloth off a table full of dishes, trying to steal an election and standing by while a mob wants to hang his VP. Just another day in Trump World. But ultra compelling television.

I missed it as I was working, I'll have to catch up on the highlights later

I missed it as I was working, I'll have to catch up on the highlights later
I’m semi retired and work only on Monday’s and Wednesday’s, so I’m fortunate that recent hearings have been on days I am home. I find them compelling. I watched Watergate hearings back in the day with great interest. But Trump makes Tricky Dicky seem like a Boy Scout. :ohmy:

I repeat as they said in Harry Potter "He whose name must not be spoken".

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ary-6-hearings-schedule-georgia-b2118693.html

Jan 6 hearings – live: Pat Cipollone talks to committee at last as two hearings planned for next week
Follow live for latest news and updates on January 6 hearings in Congress

Shweta Sharma
Oliver O'Connell
Andrew Naughtie
2 minutes ago

The 6 January select committee is finally talking to former White House counsel Pat Cipollone, who arrived for a closed-door interview today after months of outreach. Mr Cipollone’s name has featured prominently in recent public hearings, where other witnesses discussed his role in trying to prevent Donald Trump from deploying the Justice Department to illegally overturn the 2020 election.

The committee is reportedly planning to hold another primetime hearing on Thursday 14 July, this in addition to a session on Tuesday 12 July that will unpack evidence on how the crowd that stormed the Capitol was gathered. It is expected to focus in particular on extremist elements including the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers.

Meanwhile, Donald Trump has taken to Truth Social to defend his campaign to pressure Georgia state officials into overturning the 2020 election, insisting that his phonecalls to them were “perfect”. He is facing a grand jury investigation into his actions by the district attorney in the state’s Fulton County, who has subpoenaed certain of his close allies.

———————————————————————————-

Pat Cipollone’s Jan 6 interview underway

After months of negotiation, former White House counsel Pat Cipollone is currently talking to the Jan 6 panel behind closed doors. It’s a moment that Donald Trump has clearly been dreading, since Mr Cipollone was present on the day of the attack and is said by other witnesses to have been near the then-president when staffers were imploring him to call the rioters off.

I am very much looking forward to these two live televised hearings next Tuesday and Thursday. The walls seem to be closing in on the former president. I find it interesting with Boris Johnson resigning yesterday how they age of populism with bombastic, over the top, leaders may be seeing their dying days worldwide. Maybe.

I do find these hearings along with live sporting events the two most compelling things on television for me to watch.

Stay tuned…………..