• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Politics Discussion

The House just passed the Marijuana Opportunity Reinvestment and Expungement (MORE) Act, which decriminalizes marijuana at the federal level, 220-204.

For those wondering, there were 2 DEM NAYs and 3 GOP YEAs.

DEM NAYs:

Cuellar (TX)
Pappas (NH)

GOP YEAs:

Gaetz (FL)
Mast (FL)
McClintock (CA)

The House just passed the Marijuana Opportunity Reinvestment and Expungement (MORE) Act, which decriminalizes marijuana at the federal level, 220-204.

For those wondering, there were 2 DEM NAYs and 3 GOP YEAs.

DEM NAYs:

Cuellar (TX)
Pappas (NH)

GOP YEAs:

Gaetz (FL)
Mast (FL)
McClintock (CA)
Matt Gaetz loves to party.:par50: lol

I was in college between 1968-1972 and I assumed that when our generation was running things, the marijuana laws would change. I never thought it would be two generations later. I didn’t realize that the “moral majority” or whatever was so powerful. But then things can go backwards too like with the “don’t say gay” law passed in Florida.

I was in college between 1968-1972 and I assumed that when our generation was running things, the marijuana laws would change. I never thought it would be two generations later. I didn’t realize that the “moral majority” or whatever was so powerful. But then things can go backwards too like with the “don’t say gay” law passed in Florida.
The Republican Party is evil.

The Republican Party is evil.
Like this one? :scared:

004205C0-3366-4012-9808-C3ADBE1B9CD5.jpg

People are evil not a party. Remember how both parties started & they will change again. Trump like Putin will be deposed at a certain point & things will change again. The only thing that stays the same is change.

People are evil not a party. Remember how both parties started & they will change again. Trump like Putin will be deposed at a certain point & things will change again. The only thing that stays the same is change.
I see your point, but I don’t even recognize the current Republican Party so I’ll stick with my original statement.

You are speaking about the Trump cult, at present the party is all but dead

You are speaking about the Trump cult, at present the party is all but dead
I’m sorry, we’re just going to have to agree to disagree. The entire party is sick and a cult. I only see a handful of people standing up to the bullshit. Until I see a complete turn around of the party, I stand by my comment.

Not voting for infrastructure, not voting for legalizing marijuana, not voting for caps on insulin, pushing restrictions on women’s reproductive care, passing bullshit like the “Don’t say gay” bill. The list goes on. Fuck them people.

I do understand what you’re getting at BR, and I wouldn’t even think this way about the Republican Party 6-7 years ago. But it is completely unrecognizable. Way too many people have fallen for the nonsense. Most of my family included….and I love them.
There are too many people besides Donald Trump.
-Ted Cruz
-Matt Gaetz
-Jim Jordan
-Marjorie Taylor Greene
-Lauren Bowbert
-Josh Hawley
-Mitch McConnell
-Marsha Blackburn
-Lindsey Graham
-Tom Cottom

God damn this list just goes on and on and on. Just awful, awful, awful people. Then you have Gov. Ron DeSantis.
Lord have mercy……the whole party needs a lot of help. I hope they turn it around but until more people start stepping up and speaking out, I ain’t got nothing positive to say.

I’m sorry, we’re just going to have to agree to disagree. The entire party is sick and a cult. I only see a handful of people standing up to the bullshit. Until I see a complete turn around of the party, I stand by my comment.

Not voting for infrastructure, not voting for legalizing marijuana, not voting for caps on insulin, pushing restrictions on women’s reproductive care, passing bullshit like the “Don’t say gay” bill. The list goes on. Fuck them people.

I'm with you Jay.

The worst for me though is the particular Trumpist cult. Those who have drank the Kool-aid and believe that sunshine and rainbows shine out of Trump's a**. Or who believe absolutely everything that comes out of the Q conspiracy theory and that any b.s. lie or outlandish exaggeration that comes out of Trump's mouth, is the gospel truth. Those people need some serious help. But they won't get it because they're convinced they're right and therefore don't need it. They're so deeply programmed into this cult and groupthink that trying to talk them down from some of their more farcical delusions in any intelligent or logical way, is like trying to reason with a drunk.

But the Republican party as it stands today is so corrupt and pretty much morally bankrupt. I pray eventually that it can pull itself back from the brink. Because the stakes are very high.

Last edited:
Proves my point. It is not a party but a cult.

Yes there is. One reason why I moved. Florida has some wonderful people, but the government is fucked up.

You might want to see Lawrence O'Donnell for an interview last night of 3 courageous politicians in how to fight back to the craziness of the Trump Cult.

I am not sure this is the right thread but it should be the aim for poor people to be encouraged to save but they are encouraged to spend so as have less than $4000 in savings to qualify for Medicare.