• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Paul & Damien

Jon, You Still Here ?

You're certainly taking on the world in this thread Mr Blu. That's three members you're fighting with now and I would like to think that you've had a bad week. Unfortunately it's not true as this is your modus operandi.

I am confused Jon. Why are you still here?

You announced that you were leaving; but, you never leave.

When you make a promise, you should keep it.

Wishing you a good day in your short time left with us.

Hey,

I am just going to say the following:
* I love Mr. Paul Canon ~ I think he is cool, sexy, and sweet.
* I love that the models who wish to, are able to post here ~ and feel especially grateful to the models who DO.
* I think there are very few sites in the world where you get to say "hi" to your favourite models - perhaps this is the ONLY ONE???
* I would be truly saddened, if that opportunity were cut off, because members didn't want to hear (or were too frightened to hear) what the models have to say!
* I do support the privilege of members to comment about the scenes they like, or don't like.
* But, as a shy and backward Canadian, I guess I always err on the side of caution - and I think there is no problem in being polite or gentle, if you don't like a scene!
* My personal policy is only to comment on the scenes I LIKE: to enjoy my own, and others' appreciation of them. (I think it is pretty clear that management will get the message FROM the ratings, if people don't like scenes, after all the ratings are in. N'est-ce-pas? )
* I suppose if I ever had a GIANT problem with a particular scene or model, I would write the management personally - and I have found Broke Straight Boys management to be quite responsive and helpful :)
* Then again, my aim in life isn't to be the world's most celebrated or astringent erotic-video CRITIC - otherwise, I would get an account on www.waybig.com, which seems to be the premier site for people to exclaim: "He's too fat! He's too thin! He's too hairy! He's too smooth! He acts too straight! He acts too gay! I HATE the way he purses his lips, when he kisses! He won't stand on his HEAD while having an orgasm!" And all that stuff. . . .
* My sense is, if you are going to dish it out to a model (or models) and say, "Hey, I really didn't LIKE this scene, for reasons X, Y, or Z", you ought to be prepared for those models to say, "Hey, I'm sorry you didn't like it, but we did it this way BECAUSE. . . " And, and et cetera.
* And MAYBE, in the heat of the moment, some of those models will push back a bit, too. Just like we board members push back against EACH OTHER - even as friends - in all our differing opinions - all the time. EVERY SINGLE DAY. Look, models are human beings, and they have the RIGHT to REPLY.
* What the HECK (I rhetorically ask) could possibly be BAD, about THAT??? Wouldn't you want the right to reply, if someone told you he didn't like something you did, at work???

Because, ladies and gentlemen, here is the bottom line, in my opinion. As a subscriber to a gay male erotic site, I think we ALL belong to one of two distinct camps (and I think we ALL owe it to ourselves, and one another, to think carefully about these things):

#1 (And this is the "old-school" model): Subscribers to a site like Broke Straight Boys are privileged, protected, nameless and faceless CONSUMERS. Who sit, like superannuated producers at a 1970's Broadway show, looking the cast up and down, and when those who are auditioning don't please them, take another puff on their cigars, and yell: "NEXT"!!! So that money talks, and those who aren't quite up to our standards, WALK.

#2 (And this is the way of thinking I should like to promote): Both subscribers and models, at a site like Broke Straight Boys, are simply ordinary PEOPLE, at different places in their lives. The subscribers come, because they feel a need for a little inspiration and beauty, perhaps? The models come, mostly because they need to earn some money for school, or whatever, but possibly because they also appreciate the opportunity to BE admired, and win some new friends, and fans. . . .

I thoroughly subscribe to model #2, because. . . I think this is the way the world IS now. Just like Paul said, in a recent post, young guys now are a little more open-minded than they were when I was a kid, 30 years ago. So - great guys like Paul are more willing to give this a try, than they were, when I was young!

BUT, by the same token, great straight guys (or bi guys, or gay guys), like - well, ALL of our most beloved models on this site - have got OTHER OPTIONS. If people slag them in public (and let's face it - if someone said to YOU, you don't LOOK that great, when you're having sex - that would be pretty intimidating, don't you think?): they could easily say, "F*** YOU and all YOUR NOISE", and go on to another site, or just wave the white flag and go get a job at Staples, or something.

What I would like to urge on each and every member here is this: I think we need a sea-change in the way we look at, and interact with, models on Broke Straight Boys, and College Dudes, and all sites like them. I think we need to stop looking at these models as bits of candy-floss, who sweeten our palates if we are in the mood, but sometimes get stuck in our teeth, if we don't like them. . . .

And I think we need to start treating our models as friends ~ respectfully, and respecting their privacy, of course ~ and as nice and good human beings who are NOT "consumer-goods", but as real people we like and care about: who are giving us a privileged insight into their lives, and their beauty. People who are completely our EQUALS, and, in some cases, our BETTERS. They dare a lot, and risk a lot, in order to give us a little happiness. . . and whether a scene "succeeds", or "fails", in any member's opinion - in any case, that model has put it ALL on the line, for us, EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Who AMONG US, would EVER DARE to do the SAME??? Not very MANY of us, I daresay! All I ask is that, whenever any member launches into a wholesale critique of any particular scene, that he realizes and REMEMBERS - the guy who DID that scene is going to read it, feel it, and if you have harsh things to say, it is going to FEEL harsh, to him.

Unlike Jon, however (and Jon will have to indulge me, because he and I disagree on MOST things, since the beginning of TIME) I DO NOT BELIEVE that models should be robbed of the opportunity to post, here! My sense is, that most of us are overjoyed to have the opportunity to converse with our favourite models, here, and would be desolated if we were ROBBED of that opportunity - just so members could say the MEANEST things they wanted, behind the models' backs. And I do NOT believe that being kind, polite, civil, or DECENT to people is a burden.

Therefore, I hope things will stay just as they are; that our favourite models will KEEP ON POSTING; and that when they are pissed off, or have something they want to say - they will always feel free to SAY SO ~ and that we shall RESPECT THEM for SAYING SO.

Sincerely, yours,
"A" XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

"He ain't heavy - he's my BROTHER" ~ Rufus Wainwright http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0j2W0u3kis

.....................My sense is, if you are going to dish it out to a model (or models) and say, "Hey, I really didn't LIKE this scene, for reasons X, Y, or Z", you ought to be prepared for those models to say, "Hey, I'm sorry you didn't like it, but we did it this way BECAUSE. . . " And, and et cetera.
* And MAYBE, in the heat of the moment, some of those models will push back a bit, too. Just like we board members push back against EACH OTHER - even as friends - in all our differing opinions - all the time. EVERY SINGLE DAY. Look, models are human beings, and they have the RIGHT to REPLY.
* What the HECK (I rhetorically ask) could possibly be BAD, about THAT??? Wouldn't you want the right to reply, if someone told you he didn't like something you did, at work???

I DO NOT BELIEVE that models should be robbed of the opportunity to post, here![/B] My sense is, that most of us are overjoyed to have the opportunity to converse with our favourite models, here, and would be desolated if we were ROBBED of that opportunity - just so members could say the MEANEST things they wanted, behind the models' backs. And I do NOT believe that being kind, polite, civil, or DECENT to people is a burden.

Therefore, I hope things will stay just as they are; that our favourite models will KEEP ON POSTING; and that when they are pissed off, or have something they want to say - they will always feel free to SAY SO ~ and that we shall RESPECT THEM for SAYING SO.
I have quoted a small portion of your post Ambivalent, as this to me is the crux of the matter.

Yes I do enjoy hearing directly from the actual models here on the board, and especially the one's who actually speak to us in an honest manner as real human beings do, rather than those who often just offer platitudes such as "Thanks for your support", or "I will try better in my next scene", without reacting as real people do.

I especially have enjoyed hearing from models like Blake, Jason, Jimmy, and now Paul, Damien, and Liam who react to negative criticism as a "real person" would. I expect forumites to be respectful but honest, and I like the same in the models who choose to post.

When the issue of models posting came up a few weeks ago, I did say that I had mixed feelings about it, as I feel that we can be more honest, when we dislike a model, when they do not post, but overall I now believe that I do prefer having them here to converse and react to our comments, than not having them here at all.

We do need to temper our comments a bit when we know that they are "listening", but that's okay too, for as Robb said a few weeks ago that his mother taught him to always speak about people as if they were going to hear what you have to say about them. It does make for kinder gentler human beings to take that tact. We can still be honest, but in a respectful way.

I am confused Jon. Why are you still here?

You announced that you were leaving; but, you never leave.

When you make a promise, you should keep it.

Wishing you a good day in your short time left with us.

Blue - it's called hotel california.

When you have contributed to the forum as much as I have over the years, and this is on this side and the other, then you have a right to comment. Unfortunately, the only time you have commented in your 90 posts is to criticise others. I rest my case.

Answer The Question Jon

Did you or did you not say that you were leaving the forum several times?

Were you lying then Jon or are you lying now?

First, the use of the term "lie" is rather unfortunate. It is a loaded word which implies that somehow the speaker has an obligation to you to tell you something. You try to gain some moral advantage when none is due because none is owed. What you have are people just trying to take pot shots and stir the pot.

This is the problem when I made my observation that many on the forum want their cake and they want to eat it too.

They want to be able to interact with the models; but, they want it where the model has to take whatever is said and many times it is not done very respectfully.

You want to play a game where the object is to entrap a model into saying something that they can complain about.

So, when did you start beating your mother there lights?

Sir, with absolutely no due respect, my post/apology was clearly addressed to Paul, as in Paul Canon. Are you Paul Canon? Clearly you are not since Paul has class and you have none. Your infantile and childish comments reflect poorly on your character and every other facet of your being.

Last edited:
Sir, with absolutely no due respect, my post/apology was clearly addressed to Paul, as in Paul Canon. Are you Paul Canon? Clearly you are not since Paul has class and you have none. Your infantile and childish comments reflect poorly on your character and every other facet of your being.

alright everyone .calm down..no need to attack this poor man

Paul, I'm as calm as a clam, lol! Thank you for chiming in. You doing ok?

Join me on Yahoo? I don't tweet or text. My sn is *edited* (sorry emails not allowed)

Let me know, ok? Just anxious to interact with you! BTW, I'm Greg

FFS dude, read the thread properly and you will see that he attacked 3 members on this thread alone.

FAO Blue - Not that it's any of your business but I said I would not be renewing my subs. The day I stop posting is the day it is supposed to renew.

FFS dude, read the thread properly and you will see that he attacked 3 members on this thread alone.

FAO Blue - Not that it's any of your business but I said I would not be renewing my subs. The day I stop posting is the day it is supposed to renew.

i like having you around

Join me on Yahoo? I don't tweet or text. My sn is *edited* (sorry emails not allowed)

Let me know, ok? Just anxious to interact with you! BTW, I'm Greg

Well, that wasn't my e-mail. It was my yahoo sn. If tweets and texting is allowed, why might I not attempt to yahoo with Paul or any other model? Shouldn't that be left up to him to decide? I totally respect all model's privacy, I really do.

Well, that wasn't my e-mail. It was my yahoo sn. If tweets and texting is allowed, why might I not attempt to yahoo with Paul or any other model? Shouldn't that be left up to him to decide? I totally respect all model's privacy, I really do.

He made a fan page on Facebook. You might have a better chance to contact him that way :)

OK, I asked a serious question here, and it appears to have devolved into something approximating insanity.

I thank lights715 for actually responding to my post. I want to bring up the subject again, so as to hopefully get an answer from someone. Perhaps Paul himself would like to chime in as to what was going on in that scene, and give a response that is NOT basically giving a paying customer the finger.

My question again: Why is it not desirable to have a virgin bottom get fucked in such as way as to make it PLEASURABLE for him?

I can ask the question in different ways if people would like. The first that comes to mind is "Is this site about seeing guys get hurt through anal sex?"

A real response whose seriousness is commensurate with the seriousness of the question would be much appreciated.

OK, I asked a serious question here, and it appears to have devolved into something approximating insanity.

I thank lights715 for actually responding to my post. I want to bring up the subject again, so as to hopefully get an answer from someone. Perhaps Paul himself would like to chime in as to what was going on in that scene, and give a response that is NOT basically giving a paying customer the finger.

My question again: Why is it not desirable to have a virgin bottom get fucked in such as way as to make it PLEASURABLE for him?

I can ask the question in different ways if people would like. The first that comes to mind is "Is this site about seeing guys get hurt through anal sex?"

A real response whose seriousness is commensurate with the seriousness of the question would be much appreciated.

I do not like seeing guys in pain and this is because I personally don't like pain either. Some people get pleasure inflicting and watching people inflict pain onto others, this can be anal or in other masochistic ways but it's not for me.

So I would like to see a virgin bottom be taken by a top who knows what he's doing and penetrates the receiver slowly and carefully. But this is commensurate with a love making scene and Broke Straight Boys doesn't do those.

Of course the other way is to make sure a guy practices with a butt plug or a Dildo and plenty of lube before he does the scene.

I do not like seeing guys in pain and this is because I personally don't like pain either. Some people get pleasure inflicting and watching people inflict pain onto others, this can be anal or in other masochistic ways but it's not for me.

So I would like to see a virgin bottom be taken by a top who knows what he's doing and penetrates the receiver slowly and carefully. But this is commensurate with a love making scene and Broke Straight Boys doesn't do those.

Of course the other way is to make sure a guy practices with a butt plug or a Dildo and plenty of lube before he does the scene.

very true..and i think, had we eased into it, this scene could easily have been a lot more enjoyable for some members...just watch it without the volume on

Damien and I talked about this actually..and i think neither of us were really looking at it that way we both just did our thing and he got a littllleee loud