• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Partner Poll?

Are you with a parnter and for how long?

• Have never had a steady?

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Have had steady in the past?

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Currently taken but less then 1 year?

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Currently taken from 1 to 5 years?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Currently taken from 5 to 10 years?

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Currently taken more then 10 years? Please post how long.

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Denny Bear

Reaction score
From time to time people will mention in there posts about having a partner or significant other. I am curious how many of us on the forum are involved in a relationship, and for how long? Please cast your vote. Myself I am with a long time partner of 28 years.

1. Have never had a steady?

2. Have had steady in the past?

3. Currently taken but less then 1 year?

4. Currently taken from 1 to 5 years?

5. Currently taken from 5 to 10 years?

6. Currently taken more then 10 years? Please post how long.

From time to time people will mention in there posts about having a partner or significant other. I am curious how many of us on the forum are involved in a relationship, and for how long? Please cast your vote. Myself I am with a long time partner of 28 years.

1. Have never had a steady?

2. Have had steady in the past?

3. Currently taken but less then 1 year?

4. Currently taken from 1 to 5 years?

5. Currently taken from 5 to 10 years?

6. Currently taken more then 10 years? Please post how long.

10 years and counting for me. I love him with all my heart but broke straight (and gay, too) boys really get me going. For the most part we play by the look at the menu, just don't order rule but he has been known to let me out for a time (especially overseas).:thumbup:

Yours,

Jayce

1. Have never had a steady? Yes

2. Have had steady in the past? Yes

3. Currently taken but less then 1 year? N/A

4. Currently taken from 1 to 5 years? N/A

5. Currently taken from 5 to 10 years? N/A

6. Currently taken more then 10 years? Please post how long. N/A

Ok, I did my best kind sir. I have had two relationships. One with a guy for about 5 years. One with a gal of about 8 years. I hope that helps you DB.

Last edited:
dating a wrestler friend from high school.... went to same college and now together about 9 months total

#2 - Had steady in the past.
Was married almost 14 years and together several years before we were married when she passed of a prolonged illness (4 1/2 years) close to two years ago. I may start a new thread (?) (First time in a forum and not sure of the terminology.) maybe to get some input into other members experiences and why they are currently on this site (besides the obvious). It may take me some time to find the words...

#2 - Had steady in the past.
Was married almost 14 years and together several years before we were married when she passed of a prolonged illness (4 1/2 years) close to two years ago. I may start a new thread (?) (First time in a forum and not sure of the terminology.) maybe to get some input into other members experiences and why they are currently on this site (besides the obvious). It may take me some time to find the words...

Like thomas I was married (for 9 years when I was really young and have a daughter and two grandkids as the prize)

As an "ex-heterosexual" have had four partners to date for more than 5 years each, and the guy on my profiles and I (www.gaydar.co.uk/bencrowe/ for example and in one of the albums) are still in an open relationship though living in different countries. There is such a charge of concern, support and affection between us that we can keep it going even across the miles and the seas.

thomas, I was thinking this morning before I logged on that a thread named "My Story", for pretty much the same ends as your idea, could be interesting. Lots of guys are beginning to share stuff more, and the ones who haven't might take the opportunity. I'd like for more people to go ahead and create albums and post photos too. Go for it thomas, it would be a great initiative. I know which 4 or 5 guys would be posting immediately, including me.

I have been in relationships in the past with opposite sex, but mostly for the cover. Due to my current situation it is hard for me to have the relationship that I want. Fear more than anything keeps me from having what I want, I know that but I cannot afford to loose all that I have worked so hard for. But yet I am not as happy as I could be or want to be, my GF(girl thats a friend) tells me to go for it but she has no idea how hard that would be for me. Even in todays society with somewhat better attitudes, where I am from, my family and the job I have worked so hard for, it is not. I have had several one night stands when I travel for business, always safe but never satisfying enough.
There in lies my troubles.:mellow:

I was with my boyfriend for almost 11 years, we broke up 2 months ago. :crying:

Mark

We grow as a result of things like that happening, and I usually tell friends who report that they've split up with their significant other that that's great and that it will lead to all kinds of new opportunities to do stuff...but the smiley you added at the end is really sad, and all I can say is that a guy as terrific looking as you are is now gonna be totally swamped with attention :001_smile: that you probably don't want, but which maybe will help keep your mind off the breakup...

I have been in relationships in the past with opposite sex, but mostly for the cover. Due to my current situation it is hard for me to have the relationship that I want. Fear more than anything keeps me from having what I want, I know that but I cannot afford to loose all that I have worked so hard for. But yet I am not as happy as I could be or want to be, my GF(girl thats a friend) tells me to go for it but she has no idea how hard that would be for me. Even in todays society with somewhat better attitudes, where I am from, my family and the job I have worked so hard for, it is not. I have had several one night stands when I travel for business, always safe but never satisfying enough.
There in lies my troubles.:mellow:

Do you work with people who are homophobic, or is it more that if you came out you'd feel ashamed of having pretended before to be straight? Or is your job gay-sensitive, like education for example. Or are the people you work for all middle aged and probably bigoted?

People over 30 automatically assume that the world will come crumbling in chunks around them if they let the cat out of the bag. But the under 30's are very much more relaxed about sexual preferences. Broke Straight Boys works so well because it rings true: these guys are nominally straight, but can get off with a guy and still have a girl friend. Are there any younger colleagues you could chat too about "a friend, who had everyone fooled, but has suddenly turned up with a boyfriend", and see what the reaction would be.

If coming out would liberate you, you should think about what the worst case scenario would be and if it's too horrible to contemplate, and then talk to someone like Jayman, who has helped people before with issues a bit like this.

Mark

I am so sorry to hear that you lost your lover of 11 years. Nobody everknows why these things ever happen in the begining. However; they do, in the end we usually see that it was a stepping stone in life. It opens the door to a new chapter in our lives and we are ready for love to once again be reborn with in us. I am certain that you will find your true love one day. Bless your heart.

Thanks for being kind enough to share that with us... :thumbup:

I have been with my boyfriend since about march 2003 so almost six years. He says since feb. but i don't count it since he waited till march to ask me to be his boyfriend even tho we were already sleeping together lol. God its really hard to beleave i have been with him that long im only 20 ...almost 21 lol. It feels like just yesterday that he asked me out. wow lol

What no place to mark 25+? My partner and I have celebrated #26 this past fall and are looking to see many more.

Mark

I'm sorry to hear that Mark. Keep your chin up. I'm sure it was a learning experience that helped you grow. You can carry forward all the lessons learned and the wisdom gained so that the future will be full of even greater possibilities for you.

Cheers!

I had a partner for 8 1/2 years till he was killed in action. We would have been together 37 years this year.
R J