• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

normal

Jayce,

Pon Farr is more accurately a mating cycle. If a Vulcan does not take a mate and or renew a mate they can die. As to whether this is the only time for sex or if Pon Farr ends in sex is still not fully understood.

Jayman as for running a holodeck simulation (hands off, please) what you don't know and I am now forced to tell you is that this is a simulation that is currently running. I need only to tell the computer to end stimulation and all of this will vanish.

Slim, can't answer your question on Betazoids. However, the formal, traditional marriage ceremony for all Betazoids are conducted in the NUDE! This includes the wedding party and guests!!!!!!!!

Live Long and Prosper,

Vicekid

P.S. Be nice or I'll have to tell the computer to end program.

I love that part.

Computer end simulation!

Warning: You are not authorized to stop this simulation.

Computer end simulation! Command authorization override command code: Jayman01, Fleet Admiral, Omega 9, Alpha 7, 69 Delta. Acknowledge!

Warning: Holodeck simulation would endanger human life forms engaging in sexual gratification at this time.

Computer cancel simulation end request!

Simulation continuing...

Computer Display Exit Arch!

Warning: You are not authorized to display arch.

Computer Display Exit Arch! Command authorization override command code: Jayman01, Fleet Admiral, Omega 9, Alpha 7, 69 Delta. Acknowledge!

Exit arch displayed.

Thank you now I can get back to my school work. I will be back to play later.

Last edited:
You bring back stuff that had been filed in my memory and almost forgotten. It's the fireplace that did it. A friend of mine, older and rich, was asking me one evening (he had had a bit to drink, as was and still is his wont) if I didn't ever miss sculpting. I think I said that thing people say about living in the moment, and trying not to "miss" anything, ever, from the past. But he insisted. He said he'd be willing to be my agent/angel, and create a grant that would allow me to carry on with my own business, but devote afternoons to producing a collection of the sculptures that he liked so much, which he'd find a gallery for in London, for a show. His commission would be 40% on the sale of the work, and though in the end I wouldn't get a very big share of the takings (because of the stipend he would have already advanced) it would nonetheless be a second start for me, getting back into the art world. So I said yes. In our bunch was a Broke Straight Boys from Canada. He was really beautiful, with ice blue eyes and floppy light brown hair and an amazing body kept trim and hard by a meager diet and lots of exercise. And he knew how to weld. My mentor asked him to be the sculpting assistant, since the sculpts had always needed two guys to hold the different components in place for welding, and this collection was to be no different in approach. I wasn't thinking about doing anything with a guy, but did notice that I was very chuffed to have this beautiful kid on board. I was just 28 then, and he was almost 25. The age difference seemed to me to be a gaping, abysmal pit; I was almost old enough to be his dad for Chrissakes. Well, after a while he started coming home with me sometimes for a meal and we really got to know each other.

So, Paris, one night we stayed talking quite late in front of the fireplace, two floppy haired, really fit hotties, straight boys doin' guy stuff afternoons with welding torches and metal, relaxin' at the end of the day. I'm a good "fireman", with a certain wolfboy intuition regarding how a specific log behaves burning in a fireplace. I remember noticing that the four logs we had going had stopped flaming and were just pulsing out that midnight orange glow from inside. I knew that if I gave them the least tiny impulse, the least excuse to fire up, they'd flash alight again in a second. So I got up and tore off a tiny corner from a newspaper on the coffee table and flicked it in between two of the logs. The fire burst into life.

He's Canadian, OK, and these things are more important up there I guess. In any case as I sat back down I saw this terrifically complex expression on his face, and whatever it was he was saying had wound down in mid sentence. This look was one you couldn't ignore. After a few seconds of it he spoke. He'd just that second fallen in love with me he said. He looked really impressed by the fact, very serious, and maybe a bit scared. I really dumbly asked him "why just now?" (instead of weeks ago I suppose I meant, god I'm so stupid sometimes). I was too puzzled to be eloquent.

"Because of what you did with the fire," he said.

We worked together for months on that collection of sculpts, and despite all the stuff we did together during that time, the L word didn't crop up again. He came to London with me for the opening, and stayed. I came back here to Palma.

Three years later I heard that he'd signed up as a mercenary soldier in Angola and had died of a bunch of bullets in his belly. It took him three terrible days to do it. I've wished so often I'd told him at least once how much I loved him, but we were too straight for that.

(Here are a couple of newspaper photos I found on the internet from that show that Douglas and I put together so long ago.)

Great story, Slim!! With a very sad ending............

Your sculptures are fantastic!

Great story, Slim!! With a very sad ending............

Your sculptures are fantastic!

Yes Slim. Thank you for sharing that story. And I'm also very glad that you were encouraged to pursue your artistic talent that otherwise would have gone to waste. Great sculptures!

Jayman as for running a holodeck simulation (hands off, please) what you don't know and I am now forced to tell you is that this is a simulation that is currently running. I need only to tell the computer to end stimulation and all of this will vanish.

Live Long and Prosper,

Vicekid

Hey Vicekid,

You are quite accurate in your description of the current circumstaces that we find ourselves in here on planet Earth. None of this is Real except for Love. We are but in a dream of sorts. When we wake up (or transition) out of the dream we will find ourselves back in heaven where we came from. We will hopefully be the wiser for the experience. We will see then that we are still in the course of eternity. We were eternal beings before we came into the form. And we still are. Eternity is still going on around us. Although being forced into the confines of this 3 dimensional "reality" we are fooled into following a chronological and more linear concept of time. However once we transition and retutrn back into our natural realm, the fallacy of it will be plainly obvious. And this "lifetime" that can seem so long to us here will be but a blip in the course of eternity.

I am not at all worried about ending the program. Although at times I wish I could alter the parameters! LOL Such as my physical construct, my relationship status, my partner's physical parameters, educational background, etc... :biggrin::thumbup1: I would also delete hunger and poverty.

But being part Betazoid you sensed how I felt about this already. :wink:

Last edited:
Hey Vicekid,

You are quite accurate in your description of the current circumstaces that we find ourselves in here on planet Earth. None of this is Real except for Love. We are but in a dream of sorts. When we wake up (or transition) out of the dream we will find ourselves back in heaven where we came from. We will hopefully be the wiser for the experience. We will see then that we are still in the course of eternity. We were eternal beings before we came into the form. And we still are. Eternity is still going on around us. Although being forced into the confines of this 3 dimensional "reality" we are fooled into following a more linear concept of time. However once we transition and retutrn back into our natural realm, the fallacy of it will be plainly obvious. And this "lifetime" that can seem so long to us here will be but a blip in the course of eternity.

I am not at all worried about ending the program. Although at times I wish I could alter the parameters! LOL Such as my physical construct, my relationship status, my partner's physical parameters, educational background, etc... :biggrin::thumbup1: I would also delete hunger and poverty.

But being part Betazoid you sensed how I felt about this already. :wink:

Thank you Tampa. as you said theis third dimensional reality is a farse. You covered it pretty well my good friend.

Yes Slim. Thank you for sharing that story. And I'm also very glad that you were encouraged to pursue your artistic talent that otherwise would have gone to waste. Great sculptures!

Thank you tampa and paris (both places I have amazing :biggrin: memories of). No, no, don't worry! they don't involve another dead hottie who was tragically in love with marvelous me. I'll try to space out my egomania a bit.

Thank you tampa and paris (both places I have amazing :biggrin: memories of). No, no, don't worry! they don't involve another dead hottie who was tragically in love with marvelous me. I'll try to space out my egomania a bit.

I am happy to hear no one died in either Tampa or Paris! LOL! I must ask you, have any hotties tragically in love with you, actually died IN Palma? Not that I'm in the least superstitious (I am relieved you made another post to get rid of that bad number :biggrin:), but I just wonder how safe it would be to go there for a visit? :wink:

I am happy to hear no one died in either Tampa or Paris! LOL! I must ask you, have any hotties tragically in love with you, actually died IN Palma? Not that I'm in the least superstitious (I am relieved you made another post to get rid of that bad number :biggrin:), but I just wonder how safe it would be to go there for a visit? :wink:

As long as you and I don't fall any deeper in love than we already have, I think you'll be ok coming here.

One guy died here. We weren't in love but we had done some very fine loving. Many gay guys around my age have had the same experience: some of the people you've shared amazing moments with, spiritually, sexually, intellectually, died young from AIDS. This boy Rafael got it from the guy he went out with after me, and they passed away within hours of each other two years later. Rafa was only 21. It was before the disease turned from lethal to chronic.

On that note, book your ticket paris:wink::wink:

Last edited:
As long as you and I don't fall any deeper in love than we already have, I think you'll be ok coming here.

One guy died here. We weren't in love but we had done some very fine loving. Many gay guys around my age have had the same experience: some of the people you've shared amazing moments with, spiritually, sexually, intellectually, died young from AIDS. This boy Rafael got it from the guy he went out with after me, and they passed away within hours of each other two years later. Rafa was only 21. It was before the disease turned from lethal to chronic.

On that note, book your ticket paris:wink::wink:

Ok, as long as we don't fall any deeper in love, it sounds like it should be relatively safe. You better hold back on the whispered sweet nothings, or one of us is doomed! :biggrin:

Ok, as long as we don't fall any deeper in love, it sounds like it should be relatively safe. You better hold back on the whispered sweet nothings, or one of us is doomed! :biggrin:
Book your ticket? Sweet Nothings? GRRRRR!

OK you two! That's enough, already! I'm starting to get concerned! Don't make me start writing blubbery notes to Jayman, or Vicekid, or Tucson, or David, or GL, or i2in69, or Gremlin, or Scorpio, or..... get the message? (You wanna talk about going green???):lol:

Loving it, I am,

Last edited:

Love who you will and let it harm none. Don't worry about Death. Death comes to all soon enough. Death is not the end it is a new beginning. We are spiritual beings experiencing a human condition. We pick and choose our parents, siblings, friends, and enemy’s prior to our birth. Our soul commits to a learning contract that unfolds in our third dimensional reality as a human life form. From the moment we are born we are going to die. This is the cycle of life. It starts with the breath of life when we take our first breath. This is where the soul enters the physical body. It leaves with our last exhale of breath when the soul exits the physical body. Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. Whether that energy is your life, my life, or another's life; all energy emanates from the same source and it always returns to the source. Energy must always be in perpetual motion. If you try to hold on to it; the pressure builds and builds until it explodes out of our grasp. Energy is always in motion. This natural flow of energy is referred to by the Native Americans as the great wheel of life. It begins at the same point it ends. I AM that, I AM.

I too have seen so much death in my life early on with family and friends drinking too much, acting stupid, murdered for some senseless reason, and various forms of cancer like Hepatitis and HIV, etc... that I felt like I must be the Grim Reaper. LOL Nah, I knew there was a reason for the insanity of all of their apparently senseless deaths.

Then I began to hone my empathic/psychic intuitive abilities. I have done enough mediumship work to tell you that once on the other side many souls experience a life review where they evaluate the lessons they have learned in this physical lifetime and the soul matures and grows. They often work from the other side to comfort us, guide us, and encourage us to get past their death and live life to the fullest. Sometimes they elect to reincarnate as a loved one such as a son/daughter, niece/nephew, uncle /aunt, grandparent, mother/father, teacher, lover, or friend. We call these people members of our soul group. The members of our soul group follow us from one life time to another. It is crazy in a lot of ways I know. Have you ever looked at some one you never met before yet some how you instantly know or have recognition that you know them? Here is the fun part. Sometimes these people are a generation or two younger than you are. Sometimes they are a generation or two older than you are. This is called soul recognition. This connection can be through written words as well. Again it is all energy. We are energy, our thoughts are energy, our words are energy, and our actions are energy. We are always given free will and we are given the power to co-create with God. We alone have the ability to create and manifest our own reality.

Death is nothing more than loosing the physical embodiment of our loved ones. In death our spirit is released from the constraints of this third dimensional reality and free to move on to the next level of ascension of the spirit. In the words of Sylvia Brown, “Don’t light candles for them. Light one for you. They are having a party on the other side.”

Last edited:
TMI, again. Forum as Therapy

I too have seen so much death in my life early on with family and friends drinking too much, acting stupid, murdered for some senseless reason, and various forms of cancer like Hepatitis and HIV, etc... that I felt like I must be the Grim Reaper. LOL Nah, I knew there was a reason for the insanity of all of their apparently senseless deaths.

Jayman, you intuitively say exactly the most apposite thing. Everything you've written in that post goes far beyond the merely personal to a kind of universality, but the bit that touched a nerve with me is very concrete, the paragraph quoted in the box. When I was younger it seemed to me that I was some kind of a sexual jinx. Beginning when I was a sophomore at UNC a guy shot himself and left a note addressed to me, "It could have been so very different". It took a long time to get over, and made me extremely careful about how I turned anyone down after that. Over the next 20 years some of the guys I was together with had a way of meeting their makers in circumstances that brought back to me the sense of responsibility ever present from college. Feeling you must be the Grim Reaper is a very heavy and weird and freaky and tragic burden. I love you all the more for sharing it mister.

Jayman, you intuitively say exactly the most apposite thing. Everything you've written in that post goes far beyond the merely personal to a kind of universality, but the bit that touched a nerve with me is very concrete, the paragraph quoted in the box. When I was younger it seemed to me that I was some kind of a sexual jinx. Beginning when I was a sophomore at UNC a guy shot himself and left a note addressed to me, "It could have been so very different". It took a long time to get over, and made me extremely careful about how I turned anyone down after that. Over the next 20 years some of the guys I was together with had a way of meeting their makers in circumstances that brought back to me the sense of responsibility ever present from college. Feeling you must be the Grim Reaper is a very heavy and weird and freaky and tragic burden. I love you all the more for sharing it mister.

Bless your heart and thank you for sharing with me too. I was certain I was not the only one that lived this...

Jayce,

Pon Farr is more accurately a mating cycle. If a Vulcan does not take a mate and or renew a mate they can die. As to whether this is the only time for sex or if Pon Farr ends in sex is still not fully understood.

Slim, can't answer your question on Betazoids. However, the formal, traditional marriage ceremony for all Betazoids are conducted in the NUDE! This includes the wedding party and guests!!!!!!!!

Live Long and Prosper,

Vicekid

Star Trek II, The Wrath of Khan, Pon Farr does not have to end in a mating. There are techniques used to control the nearly overwhelming urge to mate. Although the discipline is rigorous, a Vulcan who is well trained in techniques of mind meld, is usually able to assist a younger vulcan of the opposite sex to control the desire. See also the episodes in Voyager where Tuvok assists Paris, Torres, and later Kes to learn to control primal urges.

P.S. The saftey protocols for the holo-deck can be overriden, but only if there is absolutely no danger to occupants of the holo-suite. Please reference DS 9, the episode where Quark must help find the solution to end the "game" in one of his own holo-suite programs. (I watch way too much TV, I think!)

Gentlemen, now would be a good time! Scotty, beam me up! Now!

Last edited:
Star Trek II, The Wrath of Khan, Pon Farr does not have to end in a mating. There are techniques used to control the nearly overwhelming urge to mate. Although the discipline is rigorous, a Vulcan who is well trained in techniques of mind meld, is usually able to assist a younger vulcan of the opposite sex to control the desire. See also the episodes in Voyager where Tuvok assists Paris, Torres, and later Kes to learn to control primal urges.

P.S. The saftey protocols for the holo-deck can be overriden, but only if there is absolutely no danger to occupants of the holo-suite. Please reference DS 9, the episode where Quark must help find the solution to end the "game" in one of his own holo-suite programs. (I watch way too much TV, I think!)

Either that or we don't watch nearly enough LOL...:thumbup:

You are correct in that Pon Farr does not have to end in mating. What I stated was Pon Farr is selection time for a mate. Granted, while I am not an authority on the Vulcan mating habits it is know that some Vulcans under very special conditions can control Pon Farr.

However, we have far more important issues to discuss. Vice-Admiral Markymark we have a major breech of protocol. More importantly, there is a security risk at stake and our covert operation may be in jeopardy. Fleet Admiral Jayman has breech protocol and seems to have revealed classified information regarding this operation.

Your mission is to find out what Vice-Admiral Jayman is up to. Jayman's interference in Star Fleets Commands simulation could result in an anti-matter enhanced Tri-Cobalt explosion that would wipe our a 6-10 parsec section of the alpha quadrant. Rear-Admirals Slim and Jayce and Commodore Tampa are at your disposal. Maintain minimal open communications and use Starfleet frequency PM to update Starfleet Command on your progress.

THOSE ARE YOUR ORDERS!

VICEKID

STARFLEET COMMANDER

You are correct in that Pon Farr does not have to end in mating. What I stated was Pon Farr is selection time for a mate. Granted, while I am not an authority on the Vulcan mating habits it is know that some Vulcans under very special conditions can control Pon Farr.

However, we have far more important issues to discuss. Vice-Admiral Markymark we have a major breech of protocol. More importantly, there is a security risk at stake and our covert operation may be in jeopardy. Fleet Admiral Jayman has breech protocol and seems to have revealed classified information regarding this operation.

Your mission is to find out what Vice-Admiral Jayman is up to. Jayman's interference in Star Fleets Commands simulation could result in an anti-matter enhanced Tri-Cobalt explosion that would wipe our a 6-10 parsec section of the alpha quadrant. Rear-Admirals Slim and Jayce and Commodore Tampa are at your disposal. Maintain minimal open communications and use Starfleet frequency PM to update Starfleet Command on your progress.

THOSE ARE YOUR ORDERS!

VICEKID

STARFLEET COMMANDER

Commander Vicekid, Please I am nothing more that than a "Traveler." I travel through dimensional time and space on a whim, although I have not yet reached Q status, that holodeck simulation is childs play to walk in an out of. I have no intention of harming any lifeforms nor will I. I ma here to teach all the great secrets of the Universe. Incidentally, Mr. Crusher says hello. For your safety and protection I reset the command codes to avoid any unnecessary explosions.

Last edited:

THOSE ARE YOUR ORDERS!

VICEKID

STARFLEET COMMANDER

Commander,

Message received and acknowledged. Sir!

Thank you for sharing that Slim. We can never know for sure how fragile the emotional state is of someone who has fallen for us in an unrequitted situation. It is always wise to err on the side of caution and let them down as gently as possible without destroying their self esteem. And not just for reasons of safety but because it's simply the right thing to do morally. Most of us have had our turn playing both sides of that role. It's not easy and unfortunately we were not given a manual on how to handle this. Like so many things in life it is learning through trial and error.

Thank you for sharing that Slim. We can never know for sure how fragile the emotional state is of someone who has fallen for us in an unrequitted situation. It is always wise to err on the side of caution and let them down as gently as possible without destroying their self esteem. And not just for reasons of safety but because it's simply the right thing to do morally. Most of us have had our turn playing both sides of that role. It's not easy and unfortunately we were not given a manual on how to handle this. Like so many things in life it is learning through trial and error.

tampa, the worst thing about what happened at college was that I must have let him think there was a chance we might become lovers. Afterwards I tried to pinpoint where I'd fucked up, and there didn't seem to be any specific, definite moment, just a continuum of getting more and more acquainted and sort of "involved". He was in graduate school, and taught my advanced French class. I was 19 or 20 and he was maybe 25. He would give us assignments and then ask questions, or read a poem and ask questions about that. About the end of the first month he got sort of perplexed and almost shaky halfway through the class, and asked us if we noticed anything strange happening about the way the session was progressing. After a moment one of the guys said, "It seems like he's answering your questions just before you actually ask them; is that what you mean? As if he knew what you were going to say?" My classmate was talking, of course, about me, and there was some kind of telepathy in operation that I wasn't specifically aware of. The teacher, RB, said he was relieved that someone else had noticed it, that he wasn't going mad, and that we could take the last 15 minutes off, but that I was going to have to stay just for a minute after class. Tampa, I thought I was straight, and though RB was, in retrospect, quite cute (tall and slender, sensitive and brilliant) he seemed to me to be too obviously gay and I must not have liked that. The worst thing was that even though I knew that if I was going to do anything homosexual, that it was almost certainly not going to be with him, I was flattered by his attention (and by the fact that he thought there was this eerie, direct telepathic link between us), and accepted his invitations to have dinner at his place, and genuinely enjoyed his company. He was erudite and amusing and lots of other good things, but was hung up on me and I wasn't on him.

Listen, I actually can't go on with this right now. If you like I will PM you the rest. I come out really badly, obviously, and am ashamed of that, but it's not the reason. I just wonder if I don't lay all my gelatinous goo onto you guys in a very gratuitous way, stuff that someone with a bit more nobility would keep to himself. This forum is sometimes a bit more therapeutic for me than it was meant to be, and stuff like this sorry story takes up space that could better be devoted to more germane discourse.