• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Members favourite music

I found this on Huff Post today. The song is really lovely. I hope he is a great success!

I found this on Huff Post today. The song is really lovely. I hope he is a great success!

Apparently. Steve Grand is tearing up YouTube with this hit. In an interview in Chicago, Steve says:
He's over playing it safe.

Singer Steve Grand has put his early music career on the line by not only revealing he is gay, but kissing a man in the viral video clip for his debut single, 'All-American Boy'.

'I fought with who I was for most of my life,' the rising country music star wrote for The Center Orlando.

'In every way a young person can fight with himself.

'But starting today, I’m laying it out there. I’m done playing it safe.'

Dedicated to Grace

I was driving in my car today and this song came on the oldies station. It may have been featured on this thread before, (I'm not going to search through 91 pages to find out :ohmy:).

But this song did make me think of Grace, and if you are reading this dear Grace, please tell me what a vegemite sandwich is. :001_unsure: And is it a popular food in Australia?

I realize I could look it up on Google myself, but it would be more fun to hear Grace's response.

I was driving in my car today and this song came on the oldies station. It may have been featured on this thread before, (I'm not going to search through 91 pages to find out :ohmy:).

But this song did make me think of Grace, and if you are reading this dear Grace, please tell me what a vegemite sandwich is. :001_unsure: And is it a popular food in Australia?

I realize I could look it up on Google myself, but it would be more fun to hear Grace's response.

Hi Mikey, Vegemite is a very popular savory spread that's made from yeast extract. Most Australian babies are given a smear on a toast crust when they first start eating solids, and we just continue eating it from then on.

I love it on hot toast and have it every morning for breakfast. :smile:

It's full of vitamin B and very salty, which is probably why we're all addicted to it, but the saltiness combined with the unique flavor also makes it a bit of an acquired taste. I think if you first tasted Vegemite as an adult you probably wouldn't like it.

Our recently ousted lady Prime Minister was hit in the back of the head with a Vegemite sandwich from some charming child's lunch box when she visited a school a few months back...I'm still laughing! :lol:

Last edited:
Hi Mikey, Vegemite is a very popular savory spread that's made from yeast extract. Most Australian babies are given a smear on a toast crust when they first start eating solids, and we just continue eating it from then on.

I love it on hot toast and have it every morning for breakfast. :smile:

It's full of vitamin B and very salty, which is probably why we're all addicted to it, but the saltiness combined with the unique flavor also makes it a bit of an acquired taste. I think if you first tasted Vegemite as an adult you probably wouldn't like it.

Our recently ousted lady Prime Minister was hit in the back of the head with a Vegemite sandwich from some charming child's lunch box when she visited a school a few months back...I'm still laughing! :lol:
Thank you Grace. Your explanation and that lovely "campy" old commercial was a lot better than anything I would have found on Google or Wikipedia. (And the teenage kid swimming and surfing was fun to watch too. :tongue: )

And the most surprising part of the commercial is that the vegemite is made by Kraft, Who knew?

Some day when I come to visit you, can I have a slice of toast with some vegemite on it? Maybe I will like it. :cool:

Thank you Grace. Your explanation and that lovely "campy" old commercial was a lot better than anything I would have found on Google or Wikipedia. (And the teenage kid swimming and surfing was fun to watch too. :tongue: )

And the most surprising part of the commercial is that the vegemite is made by Kraft, Who knew?

Some day when I come to visit you, can I have a slice of toast with some vegemite on it? Maybe I will like it. :cool:

Mikey, if I ever have the pleasure of serving you (or any of my Forumite friends) breakfast you would be given the best Vegemite on toast ever presented to a house guest.

...and I promise to not even consider throwing a Vegemite a sandwich at the back of your head as you leave...:001_smile:
jk

vegemite_html.jpg

tumblr_lu316t9dtn1qlfbgho1_500.jpg

I was struck by the theme of All-American Boy with its theme of unrequited love and not being able to have some of our lives biggest crushes and sometimes secret loves of either gender. Through thought association along those lines, I was reminded of this wonderful and haunting song by a female family member.

Ever since I got Windows 8 these video links don't work for me. I put them in video format and it still just gives the URL address. Anybody have any helpful suggestions on how to fix that?

Anyway... Enjoy the song! :001_smile:

[video]http://youtube.com./watch?v=oXqPjx94YMg[/video]

Well Jon, you're right. Okay, time to get, "Back in the Saddle Again;" I choose not to put up the Gene Autry version. Aerosmith is soo much hotter!

Dance, Trance, Ethereal, Chill, House, DnB, Classic Rock, Industrial Rock, Hard Rock, Alternative Rock, Metal, Swing, Jazz, Blues, Country, Classic Country, Alternative Country, R&B, Hip Hop, Classic Rap, Classical, Arias, Opera, Christmas/Seasonal, Tejano, Rancheras, Contemporary Singers, Film Scores, Punk, Celtic, New Age, Reggae, World...various other genres...

Dance, Trance, Ethereal, Chill, House, DnB, Classic Rock, Industrial Rock, Hard Rock, Alternative Rock, Metal, Swing, Jazz, Blues, Country, Classic Country, Alternative Country, R&B, Hip Hop, Classic Rap, Classical, Arias, Opera, Christmas/Seasonal, Tejano, Rancheras, Contemporary Singers, Film Scores, Punk, Celtic, New Age, Reggae, World...various other genres...
You certainly have eclectic taste BB, and so I will offer a Reggae selection from the genius Bob Marley.

I wanted to get the thread back on track, before Jon "yelled" at me. :frown:

I figured I could throw the Cock flavor in along with on-topic info, a tit for a tat.

I agree too, nothing better than that wholesome flavor!