• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Humor news

Man gets drive-thru send-off after funeral

YORK, Pa. (AP) — Mourners at a Pennsylvania fast-food fan's funeral wanted him to have it his way, so they arranged for his hearse — and the rest of the procession — to make one last drive-thru visit before reaching the cemetery.

David Kime Jr. "lived by his own rules," daughter Linda Phiel said. He considered the lettuce on a burger his version of healthy eating, she said.

To give him a whopper of a send-off Saturday, the funeral procession stopped at a Burger King where each mourner got a sandwich for the road.

385x218.jpg

Kime got one last burger too, the York Daily Record reported. It was placed atop his flag-draped coffin at the cemetery.

Phiel said the display wasn't a joke, rather a happy way of honoring her father and the things that brought him joy.
"He lived a wonderful life and on his own terms," she said. Kime, 88, a World War II veteran, died Jan. 20.
Restaurant manager Margaret Hess said she knew his face and his order. She and her crew made 40 burgers for the funeral procession. "It's nice to know he was a loyal customer up until the end — the very end," she said.

Sinkhole swallows whole building complex in China

A sinkhole swallows an entire building complex in China's southern Guangdong province.

The group of buildings was totally swallowed by the hole which appeared near the construction site of a new underground train station in Guangzhou, one of China's biggest cities.

The first building collapsed at 1620 local time (0820 GMT). The other three buildings then fell into the ten metre hole later that evening, according to China state television CCTV.

Around 300 residents from the surrounding area had to be evacuated and nearby roads were closed off.

No one was injured in the incident and an investigation was launched into what caused the hole to appear.

Original Batmobile sold for $4.2m at US auction

_65394276_016979015.jpg

The customised 1955 Lincoln Futura better known as the Batmobile

The Batmobile used by actor Adam West in the original TV series of Batman has sold for $4.2m (£2.6m) at a US auction. The car was bought by Rick Champagne, a logistics company owner from Phoenix, Arizona.

The 56-year-old, who was just 10 when the high-camp TV series began in 1966, said it "was a dream come true".

The Batmobile design was based on a 1955 Lincoln Futura, a concept car built in Italy by the Ford Motor Company. It was the first time that car had come up for public sale since it was bought in 1965 by car-customiser George Barris for a nominal fee of $1.

Barris then spent $15,000 (roughly £5,370 at the time) to transform it into the famous superhero vehicle, over a period of 15 days.

It had a V-8 engine, arguably one of the first in-car phones, and parachutes, which were deployed to help Batman turn sharp corners. Mr Barris told reporters at the auction: "The car had to be a star on its own. And it became one." Since the show was cancelled in 1968, he has toured the Batmobile and was eventually housed in a private showroom in California.
read more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21107631

OMG!

Thank you Robert for a wonderful thread. xoo We all need some levity in our lives.

And you stole my heart sweet Valentine
asset.php

You have no idea how much I miss your posts already social worker.

Applebee's waitress fired after posting receipt from Alois Bell, no-tip pastor
02/01/2013
A waitress at a St. Louis Applebee's lost her job for posting online the receipt upon which a pastor had declined to leave a tip, with a snarky note saying she gave God 10 percent.

After her dinner on Jan. 25, Pastor Alois Bell crossed out the automatic 18 percent tip charged for parties of more than eight. "I give God 10% why do you get 18," she wrote above her signature.
Employee Chelsea Welch — a colleague of the stiffed server — took a picture of the receipt and uploaded it to the online site Reddit. She subsequently lost her job, an Applebee's spokesman confirmed to TheSmokingGun.com, for violating a customer's privacy.
Bell told TheSmokingGun that she had left an 18 percent tip in cash, and that she was stunned by the publicity: "My heart is really broken. I've brought embarrassment to my church and ministry."

Last edited:
101-year-old grandmother ‘comes back from the dead’

Friday 1 Feb 2013
Mourners at a house in China were left shocked after a 101-year-old woman they thought was dead sat up just before she was due to be put into a coffin and spoke to them.

Peng Xiuhua surprised her friends and family when she awoke in Lianjiang, Guangdong province, and asked why her house was so crowded.
She had been declared dead after her two daughters found her lifeless body following a fall in her residence.
The two women in their 70s had bathed their mother and an undertaker had dressed her in preparation for her funeral.
But the memorial was not to take place after the grandmother sat up, just as she was being lowered into a casket.
Peng said: ‘I am a lucky woman.
‘Not only did I get to see how many people care for me, but I also woke up before they took me to the crematorium.’

Lucky indeed.

ay_102738590.jpg

The supposedly dead grandmother left mourners (not pictured) reeling with shock (Picture: AFP/Getty)

This is not "news" but I laughed out loud when I saw it. I live in a small town on the Oregon coast. The main highway that runs up the coast is the main street of the town. There is a store that flys an array of flags for purchase out front. Our town has a pirate weekend once a year and a lot of pirate crap is sold in the store. Today a pirate flag that had a skull and crossbones and the words:
" Surrender the Booty" was flying next to a rainbow flag! I lost it with laughter when I saw it. I had never been in the store and went in to investigate. Absolutely clueless were they. My husband went home to get a camera to take a picture for me. I'm clueless how to put in on here so you will have to take my word for it. My time runs out at midnight so I'll leave you with his amusing thought.

Yes, Robert, that pirate flag is the very one. You got it!

This is not "news" but I laughed out loud when I saw it. I live in a small town on the Oregon coast. The main highway that runs up the coast is the main street of the town. There is a store that flys an array of flags for purchase out front. Our town has a pirate weekend once a year and a lot of pirate crap is sold in the store. Today a pirate flag that had a skull and crossbones and the words:
" Surrender the Booty" was flying next to a rainbow flag! I lost it with laughter when I saw it. I had never been in the store and went in to investigate. Absolutely clueless were they. My husband went home to get a camera to take a picture for me. I'm clueless how to put in on here so you will have to take my word for it. My time runs out at midnight so I'll leave you with his amusing thought.

That is hilarious, I love it!

[h=1]The Ad CBS Finds Too Offensive for Tonight’s Super Bowl[/h]More than 110 million viewers are expected to watch the Super Bowl this year. Many of them tune in not because they’re Ravens or 49ers fans or even like football at all, but because they want to see the ads. You can’t really blame them – after all, companies and their advertising agencies work almost as hard as the teams to bring you their best ads during the game. Unfortunately you won’t be seeing all of them tonight.

No, relax, there’s nothing wrong with your TV. It’s just that CBS decided to reject couple of ads. It won’t be the first time that ads for the Super Bowl are rejected, but unlike most cases when ads are rejected because the networks think they’re inappropriate or believe viewers might find them offensive, this will be the first time that an ad is rejected because other companies might find it offensive.

This ad is for no other than SodaStream, the manufacturer and distributor of home carbonation beverage systems, said last Wednesday that an entirely new spot, developed by Alex Bogusky specifically for the Super Bowl, was not approved by CBS. According to Ad Age the reason was that the content of the ad “seemed to have concerned CBS because it was a direct hit at two other Super Bowl sponsors and heavy network TV advertisers: Coke and Pepsi.” CBS, on its end, declined to comment.

‘Smash, smash, smash!’ – Heroic homeless hitchhiker with hatchet goes viral

A local news report has made an online star of a hitchhiker who potentially saved the lives of three people from a crazed driver, thanks in some part to a hatchet.

Surfer Kai, who said he did not have a last name and was ‘straight out of Dogtown’, told KMPH-TV in Fresno, California, that a driver he had hitched a ride from deliberately crashed into a utility worker ‘because he was black’.
Two female bystanders also came to the aid of the stricken Pacific Gas and Electric Company worker, but the diver subsequently attacked them too.
Tanya Baker, who was attacked alongside her daughter, said the man kept on repeating that he was Jesus Christ ‘and was going to save all of us’.
Ms Baker credited Kai with saving her life after he attacked the driver, who is now in police custody, with a hatchet he was carrying.

‘If he had started driving that car round again there would have been a hell of a lot bodies round here,’ Kai said.
‘That woman was in danger; he just finished what looked like at the time killing somebody, and if I hadn’t done that he would have killed more people.’
The utility worker is not thought to have sustained any life threatening injuries in the incident.
The raw footage of Kai’s interview has been watched tens of thousands of times on YouTube, with commenters praising him as a hero and hailing his ‘smash, smash, smash’ description of his dramatic intervention with a hatchet.
Watch the raw footage below – WARNING: EXPLICIT LANGUAGE

Video: Workers tow Tel Aviv woman’s car after cheeky disabled parking paint job

Shocking CCTV footage captures the moment Tel Aviv road workers tow away a woman’s car after painting a disabled parking space around her vehicle.

Outraged Hila Ben Baruch was ordered to pay 1,000 NIS (£170) and further towing costs after being accused of illegally parking in one of the Israeli city’s disabled parking spots.

The angry motorist, who had parked near her apartment on Sunday night, later uncovered surveillance footage of the shocking incident before posting it on Facebook. ‘You just see it and can’t believe it,’ she wrote on the social network where the video received hundreds of likes.

‘While my car was parked in a [legal] blue-and-white spot, two municipal workers came by and signposted it as handicapped parking!

‘In a heartbeat they repainted the curb, from blue and white to grey.
‘Within five minutes they turned me into a criminal. But who cares? The important thing is that Tel Aviv sucked some more blood.’
Ms Ben Baruch has since received an apology from the local city hall who waved the fine after admitting it was a ‘serious error’.

The apology doesn’t appear to be enough for the Tel Aviv resident however after she threatened legal proceedings.
‘I don’t plan to keep quiet, not even for a moment, or to rest or to calm down,’ she explained.
‘I will initiate legal proceedings over the injustice and the mental distress, but more than anything over your offenses.

‘And I call on anyone reading this post to pass it on, not to remain silent if something similar happened to you, simply not to despair.’

Last edited: