• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Can you cook?

scorpio

Reaction score
Ok, i don't cook, actually i can't cook. I burn everything i make, but last night, i felt adventurous and decided to try something. I mixed french fries with an omelet. The result is not what i had hoped for :(

It kinda tasted alright but not enough for me to eat the whole thing.

Attachments

• cook.jpg
    cook.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 27
LOL ^^

Well next time chop your patatoes into dices it will be far better ^^ You can add some cheese too and oignon.
I cook almost every day, I wanted to me a cook but my parents at the time didn't let me.
Anyway nice try! Let's call it the scorpio omelette!

Less and less people cook actually and that's pretty sad. Cooking is so much fun ^^

cheers

LOL ^^

Well next time chop your patatoes into dices it will be far better ^^ You can add some cheese too and oignon.
I cook almost every day, I wanted to me a cook but my parents at the time didn't let me.
Anyway nice try! Let's call it the scorpio omelette!

Less and less people cook actually and that's pretty sad. Cooking is so much fun ^^

cheers

Hey Damonzkid!

You do know that Stephanne, alias "Scorpio" is from France right? :thumbup1:

If any of us make it to Paris will you cook us a nice meal? LOL

In order to eat out in a nice restaurant in Paris we would have to sell our first born child. Ooops. Can't do that. Most of us don't have kids. Well we'd have to take out a home equity loan. Ooops... Many Americans are upside down on their mortgages. :ohmy: Rats! Well we could put it on the American Excess card. Ooops. It would put us over over our limit. :confused1:

So how DO you Parisians keep from being homeless AND eat out at restaurants? LOL :lol:

I can cook. Some times better than others. LOL! I have an egg dish that I make occasionally. I forget where I got the recipe, but I made a few changes to it. I have given my recipe to several friends. They serve it when they have guests for brunch. It is a hit! LOL!! I can also make pretty good fried chicken. I like to cook, but the cleaning up after is a bitch!

Ok, i don't cook, actually i can't cook. I burn everything i make, but last night, i felt adventurous and decided to try something. I mixed french fries with an omelet. The result is not what i had hoped for :(

It kinda tasted alright but not enough for me to eat the whole thing.

Looks ummm.... yummy, uhm, er, after you scrape off all the burnt stuff. LOL Did you miss out on that French cooking gene?:wink::biggrin::lol:

Haha, I'm not laughing at the picture really... Ok I am sorry, couldn't resist the temptation. Though I must admit, I would have tried some of that as it does look curiously alright lol.

Damonzekid is correct, try cutting the potatoes differently lol. Cubes is best for mixing into an omelette and I know for a fact that all good hypermarche's sell potato cubes so you've no excuse even if you don't want to have to cut them :p

I rather like cooking and I'm not overly bad at it, but I don't really like cooking for people, just for myself because that way I can make it however I like it and if I mess it up only I have to suffer it lol.

Scorpio,

You are definitely onto something. Traditionally people use cubed potatoes like everyone told you. You can't make an omelet with out braking a few eggs. Thomas Edison discovered over one thousand way that would not work to make a light bulb before he found one way that worked to make a light bulb. There is a gourmet lurking inside of you somewhere. eventually you will get it right or find someone who can get it right for you. LOL I make a dish almost like that only it comes out pretty tasty. I make the home fries first by cutting 1 inch round slices of potato about the the thickness of a nickel. I never peel the potato either. There is extra flavor in the skin. (I like red potatoes best for this dish though) I cook them with garlic, red onions, and peppers. When they are just about crispy I add the omelet mixture and a nice hand full of cheddar cheese with with a pinch of Cinnamon, curry powder, and a splash or two of Chinese red chili paste. Then stir ever few seconds until the eggs are cooked light and fluffy.

It is fantastic. I must tell you I had several failed concoctions before I made this masterpiece. A friend of mine uses this recipe in her dinner too.

lol yeah i love potatoes and eggs! But i wanted to make it original (kinda) and just use french fries... didn't work too well. :) i tried though!

Haha that looks like it would be an ok omelet to eat ;) Maybe if you added some tobasco or a little ketchup?? As for me I can cook pretty well. I learned from my grandmother when I was younger. I always used to help her out around the kitchen. My specialties are chicken dishes like lemon chicken on a bed of rice. Yummmmy :)

lol yeah i love potatoes and eggs! But i wanted to make it original (kinda) and just use french fries... didn't work too well. :) i tried though!

It is better to have tried and failed than to have never tried at all. Somehow somebody decided to cook snails one day. I am glad I had no idea what it was before I tried it. It may have ruined the whole experience. They were pretty good but nothing I ever plan to cook for myself. LOL:thumbup:

When i was young and living with my parents, my mother would make escargots and cuisses de grenouille (frog legs) every year for Christmas and New years eve. I never ever thought of even trying either one of them. Gross

When i was young and living with my parents, my mother would make escargots and cuisses de grenouille (frog legs) every year for Christmas and New years eve. I never ever thought of even trying either one of them. Gross

I know what you are saying. Hey, I was a US Marine. I have eaten grubs, meal worms, fungus from tree bark, salamanders and toads with out cooking them, roasted rat and opossum, and rattle snake and cottonmouth... One time my unit almost started an international incident in Italy when we cut down a tree for fire wood and ate rabbits and other fine fair. I think that pig must have belonged to a farmer. We thought it was a wild boar. One thing I learned the hard way if you are hungry enough you can eat anything. You meal did not appear all that unappetizing either...

I actually rather love escargot however the frogs legs I've tried once and didn't like too much, texture and meat was fine, but there were just too many bones to pick through and I don't like having to dissect my food before eating it :p

Haha, I'm not laughing at the picture really... Ok I am sorry, couldn't resist the temptation. Though I must admit, I would have tried some of that as it does look curiously alright lol.

Damonzekid is correct, try cutting the potatoes differently lol. Cubes is best for mixing into an omelette and I know for a fact that all good hypermarche's sell potato cubes so you've no excuse even if you don't want to have to cut them :p

I rather like cooking and I'm not overly bad at it, but I don't really like cooking for people, just for myself because that way I can make it however I like it and if I mess it up only I have to suffer it lol.

Ok folks, We know that you love to cook, but no one likes to dice up all those onions potatoes and carrots. Today, we are introducing the Spudwhacker 2009. It dices, it slices, it minces and it mashes. This one item in your kitchen will save you hours of hard labour each week. Not only that, by using the handy attachable measuring cup, there will be no more guessing about serving sizes.

Folks, this little item has been flying off the shelves, but if you call today,(because we can't do this every day) we are going to send you two Spudwhackers for the single price of $19.99 USD Keep one and give the other as a gift! And with all the time you save, you and your friends will have oodles of time to get together and whack something else.

So call now Don't delay.That's the incredible Spudwhacker 2009.

1-800-778-3922 (Spu-dwac) ROTFLMAO:lol:

PS My favorite thing to make for dinner is reservations.!!

Last edited:
I enjoy cooking, though just for family and friends. I spent 20+ years in the food service industry and is was okay, though by working in some of those places where you have a set way of preparing foods all of the time, it was boring. You couldn't experiment.
Currently, I am working on putting a recipe collection book together of all the recipes that I have accumulated over the years. Some from family, friends, the internet and some of my own creations.
I have a Crock Pot Slow Cooker that I use alot. Put the meal together in the morning and in 8-12 hours it is done and makes the apartment smell good. Yummy!
In on of the threads that I wrote in last night, I said how my roommate(blind) was making a diet soup consisting of green cabbage, carrots, onions, potatoes, celery and two beef bullion cubes. It was smelling pretty good. It is a calorie burner and was fixed originally by the country singer Dolly Parton.
Tomorrow, I am going to fix for St. Patrick's Day a Corned Beef Brisket in the Crock Pot with quartered green cabbage, carrots, and onions. Will mostly like serve boiled red potatoes, dinner rolls and salad with it. Dinner's about 6:30p.m.
Gary

I actually rather love escargot however the frogs legs I've tried once and didn't like too much, texture and meat was fine, but there were just too many bones to pick through and I don't like having to dissect my food before eating it :p

haha sounds more like a science lab experiment :)

Thanks gary, I almost forgot I printed that recipe out so I could get the stuff needed from the store. I got distracted by this damn addictive forum. I'm giving it up for Lent!......... Whew, glad that's over, thank God Lent was short this year! LOL!! BRB

I am,