• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Baseball 2018

mikeyank

Long time forumite
Reaction score
Tomorrow is Opening Day 2018 and I get excited every year, as it is a new beginning, just as the warm Spring weather is supposed to return, (although not yet in the Northeast). I am a proud unabashed Yankee fan and am very optimistic about our chances for our 28th World Championship in October, but it is a long way from late March to late October with lot's of unexpected twists and turns in the road.

Is anyone else currently on the forum a baseball fan and what are you expecting in 2018?

PLAY BALL!!!

mlb-2018-opening-day-logo-revealed.png
\\
openingday.gif

13baseballschedule-web-articleLarge.jpg

Nothing better to me than Baseball season. Those warm nights at the park under the lights...cool breeze kicking up as the sun sets....

Let's go CARDS!

Nothing better to me than Baseball season. Those warm nights at the park under the lights...cool breeze kicking up as the sun sets....

Let's go CARDS!
When I saw your location was Pasadena I was expecting an Angels or Dodgers or maybe Padres fan. But the Cardinals have a great tradition and I love their classic uniforms, almost as iconic as my team's pinstripes. Good luck to the Cardinals and maybe we will met in October!

hqdefault.jpg
Lance-Lynn-With-St-Louis-Cardinals.jpg

Greg+Bird+St+Louis+Cardinals+v+New+York+Yankees+FuL8QVX2zrNl.jpg

When I saw your location was Pasadena I was expecting an Angels or Dodgers or maybe Padres fan. But the Cardinals have a great tradition and I love their classic uniforms, almost as iconic as my team's pinstripes. Good luck to the Cardinals and maybe we will met in October!

hqdefault.jpg
Lance-Lynn-With-St-Louis-Cardinals.jpg

Greg+Bird+St+Louis+Cardinals+v+New+York+Yankees+FuL8QVX2zrNl.jpg

Equally if not more iconic is the Mets uniform, a combination of the old Brooklyn Dodgers and New York Giants. As for the 2018 World Series, an alternative scenario would be for both the Yankees and Cardinals to be watching the Met play on television. Something of a long shot I admit, but if the young talented Met pitching staff stays healthy, a lot less of a long shot.

Equally if not more iconic is the Mets uniform, a combination of the old Brooklyn Dodgers and New York Giants. As for the 2018 World Series, an alternative scenario would be for both the Yankees and Cardinals to be watching the Met play on television. Something of a long shot I admit, but if the young talented Met pitching staff stays healthy, a lot less of a long shot.
On Opening Day every team is tied for first place and that is a wonderful thing about being a fan, we can all be optimistic and envision our team being in the World Series in October. Being respective fans of our two New York teams, KG, we have two weekend series this year with a battle for New York. In June the Yanks go to Flushing for three games and in July the Mets come to The Bronx for three. Those will be six sold out games with crazy fans rooting extra hard and that is part of the fun of baseball.

And now for the next six months, I can count on a game pretty much every day. Each game is not as intense as football or basketball, but more it becomes a part of the rhythm of the seasons, first spring and later summer and finally fall. It is like having a best friend available to check in with each day. AS of today all baseball fans can say we've made it through another winter as now hope springs eternal for fans of all 30 major league teams! PLAY BALL!!!! The 2018 season will be under way in hours now! :thumbup:

My dad has been a long time Cards fan since the 60's era of Bob Gibson, so I was sort of raised on them. Just another great way that baseball spans and incorporates traditions in a family. If I had to choose between the Dodgers or the Angels, I'd surprisingly go Angels. Never, ever been a Dodgers supporter and Angels Stadium is just so much prettier ;-)

On Opening Day every team is tied for first place and that is a wonderful thing about being a fan, we can all be optimistic and envision our team being in the World Series in October. Being respective fans of our two New York teams, KG, we have two weekend series this year with a battle for New York. In June the Yanks go to Flushing for three games and in July the Mets come to The Bronx for three. Those will be six sold out games with crazy fans rooting extra hard and that is part of the fun of baseball.

And now for the next six months, I can count on a game pretty much every day. Each game is not as intense as football or basketball, but more it becomes a part of the rhythm of the seasons, first spring and later summer and finally fall. It is like having a best friend available to check in with each day. AS of today all baseball fans can say we've made it through another winter as now hope springs eternal for fans of all 30 major league teams! PLAY BALL!!!! The 2018 season will be under way in hours now! :thumbup:

As of right now my Mariners have a better record then the Yankee's!!! Also our big screen in our stadium is bigger then the one in Yankee stadium lololol And welcome back Ichiro......

As of right now my Mariners have a better record then the Yankee's!!! Also our big screen in our stadium is bigger then the one in Yankee stadium lololol And welcome back Ichiro......
I know that the Mariners have the largest big screen scoreboard as a young Hispanic tour guide at Yankee Stadium confirmed that to Peter & myself :tongue:, second Ichiro is a fine ball player and I was happy to have him play on the Yankees for a season and third, to look at standings on April 2 or 3 is folly. I learned a long time ago to not even pay attention to the standings until July 4th and even then the season is barely half over. Baseball is a marathon and not a sprint. But good luck to the Mariners and their star former Yankee Robbie Cano. doncha know!

bd863a079e30e1fcb9d7204a96d8350e--seattle-mariners-fest.jpg

c69f982e4b1c15ddb48fb26c664935a0--new-york-yankees-bronx.jpg

By the way, the Yanks home opener was postponed yesterday due to 6" of snow in the Bronx!

snow-cancelled-opening-yankee-stadium.jpg

And today may be rained out, but it's a long road from Apri until October..........

On the subject of team records, right now the Yanks are 4-3 and the Mets are 5-1. Guess that makes the Yanks the second best powerhouse in New York. It's a long season, but perhaps more interesting than most predicted in New York.

On the subject of team records, right now the Yanks are 4-3 and the Mets are 5-1. Guess that makes the Yanks the second best powerhouse in New York. It's a long season, but perhaps more interesting than most predicted in New York.
As of today, one week into the season, you are correct KG. But as I told Peter, baseball is a marathon and not a sprint. Let's check the standings as the weeks and months go by, but for now indeed the Mets are having a much better start than the Yanks.

As of today, one week into the season, you are correct KG. But as I told Peter, baseball is a marathon and not a sprint. Let's check the standings as the weeks and months go by, but for now indeed the Mets are having a much better start than the Yanks.

I agree with you on both points. But right now the Mets are up to 6-1 and going for a three game sweep against the Nats in Washington tomorrow. An early big test for the Yanks will be how they do against the Red Sox next week. But, bottom line, you are correct in that it is a long season, a marathon not a sprint. Still, from a Mets fan perspective, so far, definitely so good.

I don’t care that much about sports but it’s going to be interesting watching the two New York Teams and fans Duke it out over the season.

I agree with you on both points. But right now the Mets are up to 6-1 and going for a three game sweep against the Nats in Washington tomorrow. An early big test for the Yanks will be how they do against the Red Sox next week. But, bottom line, you are correct in that it is a long season, a marathon not a sprint. Still, from a Mets fan perspective, so far, definitely so good.

P.S. to my last post: the Mets' record is up to 11-1 now. Not too shabby a start!

P.S. to my last post: the Mets' record is up to 11-1 now. Not too shabby a start!
The Mets currently have the best record in baseball and as such a big fan KG, I know you are proud. Congratulations to the team and to their fans for the great start!

The season is now 25 games old for The Yankees as I await Game #26 from Anaheim later tonight. The Yanks have now won seven in a row and have a record of 16-9, but we obviously are still in the "opening act" of the season, with 137 games to go.........but they have righted their ship and the most encouraging part for their future is how young they have become.

Their latest call-up is a highly rated infield prospect named Gleyber Torres who is only 21 years old and besides being talented, I think he is very cute as well. But this is a gay forum. lol :biggrin:

gleyber-torres-yankees.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2Fc9363d2208f7436d8ceed20c18d8a0c5%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

The season is now 25 games old for The Yankees as I await Game #26 from Anaheim later tonight. The Yanks have now won seven in a row and have a record of 16-9, but we obviously are still in the "opening act" of the season, with 137 games to go.........but they have righted their ship and the most encouraging part for their future is how young they have become.

Their latest call-up is a highly rated infield prospect named Gleyber Torres who is only 21 years old and besides being talented, I think he is very cute as well. But this is a gay forum. lol :biggrin:

gleyber-torres-yankees.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2Fc9363d2208f7436d8ceed20c18d8a0c5%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

I like how he shows tongue in the first pic. One can only speculate what that that tongue and mouth could do to a hard cock. Thanks for showing us a good prospect in more ways than one.

Everything goes by so fast and it's amazing to me that the season is now just past the quarter mark. And I'm quite pleased that at this point the Yankees have the best record in baseball at 28-12. Nothing is won in May, but it is a great start and they are doing it with a lot of young kids in the lineup, many under 25 years old. So far I am a very happy Yankees fan! I hope they keep it up! :cool:

gary-sanchez-aaron-judge-yankees-getty-ftr-081617_1oj115fjc0ifm1imc5wb9efdef.jpg

gleyber-torres-walk-off.jpg

Everything goes by so fast and it's amazing to me that the season is now just past the quarter mark. And I'm quite pleased that at this point the Yankees have the best record in baseball at 28-12. Nothing is won in May, but it is a great start and they are doing it with a lot of young kids in the lineup, many under 25 years old. So far I am a very happy Yankees fan! I hope they keep it up! :cool:

gary-sanchez-aaron-judge-yankees-getty-ftr-081617_1oj115fjc0ifm1imc5wb9efdef.jpg

gleyber-torres-walk-off.jpg

You ended your post with the words "keep it up." I trust that you meant those words in baseball sense, and not in the context usually used in this website. I would prefer these young Yanks "keeping it up" in the latter sense.