• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

10 random facts about you.

Thank for sharing that with us Jay. I hope you don't mind me abbreviating your screen name. If so, please be honest and I'll happily go to using the full name. You are in good company being a Scorpio. Mark, the owner of the site is a Scorpio. David Adamson who was the first director of the site (which we often refer to as the Broke Straight Boys-1 era) is a Scorpio. And of course Stephane who used to work for the site and started this thread many years ago, is a Scorpio. Maybe his screen name of "Scorpio" was too subtle. lol

One thing I found interesting is that "Scorpio" Stephane and I share the same birthday. But different years. He's younger than me. haha

Congratulations on your sobriety! :)

I don't know if the site will ever host a party, but some of us have met in "real life". Rep & his partner met Peterh in Seattle, Bart visited Rep in Texas and myself in New York. And I've also met Peter, the late Richard, (better known as Betu on the forum). And I've also met Tampa and Pete from St Pete when visiting Florida on separate occassions. And in the past I know that several forumites traveled to the old Broke Straight Boys Pride events and met one another at various events around the country.

As far as meeting the models, the Pride events were great for that. The one time they came to NYC Pride, I met Sha, Blake Bennett, Jason Matthews, Denver Grand and Cole Gartner from College Dudes By the way, if you look at the Behind The Scenes section on the site, you will see many of the events where the models met the fans, including me.

Thanks again for providing the link to post my 10 random facts. Now I have to go back and read everyone that has posted on this thread. Will take some time, but I am excited to learn facts about everyone.

I actually saw the Broke Straight Boys booth at GayDays in Orlando a few years back. (2013?). Paul Canon was there, and I saw him and was way too shy to go up and speak. I think I remember seeing Kayden Alexander too. Paul Canon is actually the model that first turned me onto Broke Straight Boys I know he's long gone from here, but I still follow him on all of social media. I would like to meet some of the boys someday, but even though I am very outspoken here, I am actually very shy in person. (like Sky Clesi LOL)

Thank for sharing that with us Jay. I hope you don't mind me abbreviating your screen name. If so, please be honest and I'll happily go to using the full name. You are in good company being a Scorpio. Mark, the owner of the site is a Scorpio. David Adamson who was the first director of the site (which we often refer to as the Broke Straight Boys-1 era) is a Scorpio. And of course Stephane who used to work for the site and started this thread many years ago, is a Scorpio. Maybe his screen name of "Scorpio" was too subtle. lol

One thing I found interesting is that "Scorpio" Stephane and I share the same birthday. But different years. He's younger than me. haha

Congratulations on your sobriety! :)

First of all, thanks for the congrats! Being sober feels AMAZING.
Yes, you can certainly call me Jay. Jaybifla is actually an abbreviation for Jaybirdnfla (Jaybird a childhood nickname, N for in, fla for Florida). People think the bi is for bisexual, but I'm far from that. I use a condensed screen name, because Jaybirdnfla is already taken most times, so I don't even bother anymore.
Yes, I'm a scorpio...DANGER!! Birthdate 11-19 so close to the cusp.

Thanks again for your message!

Thanks Mikey for the info on this thread. I’ve been a member of Broke Straight Boys for over a year, but I’ve only started posting in the forum for about 7 months. So, here are some random facts about me...

1. I am a professional musician (singer), and have been singing for nearly 40 years.
2. I am a Scorpio turning 50 in November.
3. I am a world traveler, and it would be easier to tell you where I haven’t been than where I’ve actually been.
4. I am a HUGE dog lover and father to a longhaired miniature dachshund named, Dexter. He’s also a champion show dog, and I hoping to show him to his grand championship in the future.
5. I am 22 months sober. My addiction was alcohol, and it is literally a miracle that I am alive today.
6. I’ve only ever purchased 3 cars since I’ve been able to drive. (34 years). And they’ve all been manual (stick). My current car is 16 years old and has 130,000 miles. Basically, I believe a car’s only purpose is to get you from one place to another. Not fussed.
7. I’m originally from Georgia, a primarily Republican state, but I’ve always been a Democrat. I don’t discuss politics with my family, at all. :)
8. I’ve been in 5 relationships and dumped every time. LOL. Granted 4/5 of those were guys a lot younger, which I believe is a recipe for heart ache and disaster. All of this said, I have remained good friends with all of my exes.
9. I am a runner. I run 7-12 miles a day, 6 days a week. Heart disease runs in my family, so I try to stay up on my cardio.
10. I am open to most types of people. I’m not a “no old, no fat, no fem, no Asian, no black” person AT ALL! I find beauty in everyone, or try to. Just be a kind human being.

Glad you posted. Interesting life. Congratulations on your 22 months of sobriety. I know that's not easy. You are to be admired for that. I've never seen or even knew their was a longhaired miniature dachshund. Learning something new every day.

Thanks again for providing the link to post my 10 random facts. Now I have to go back and read everyone that has posted on this thread. Will take some time, but I am excited to learn facts about everyone.

I actually saw the Broke Straight Boys booth at GayDays in Orlando a few years back. (2013?). Paul Canon was there, and I saw him and was way too shy to go up and speak. I think I remember seeing Kayden Alexander too. Paul Canon is actually the model that first turned me onto Broke Straight Boys I know he's long gone from here, but I still follow him on all of social media. I would like to meet some of the boys someday, but even though I am very outspoken here, I am actually very shy in person. (like Sky Clesi LOL)

I was also there that weekend Jay! I was actually there both Saturday and Sunday. So we were likely within a few feet of each other at least. That weekend they had Paul Canon, Kayden Alexander and MHRIP...Tyler White. And of course, Sha. :) I don't know if you saw them at the booth of the Double Tree Hotel or the booth at Parliament House. They were in both places.

You should have come over to chat with them. I know it's tough being shy in person. I'm shy myself. But over the last 13 years in particular I've come out of my shell more in real life. I credit the book A Course in Miracles for helping me with self esteem and shyness. But that's a different story. haha

Anyway though, I'm glad you at least got to see some of the models in person even if you didn't engage with them. :) I wish they would bring back some of the Pride events with the models. But I also know it's very expensive and time consuming for the company. Still... Hope springs eternal. lol Even if they can't afford to do it all over the country, maybe they'd consider doing one in Orlando or Atlanta. I've actually kind of lost track of where they are now. Can you help me out guys? haha

I had a crappy camera at the time on my phone. But here are some pics of me and the guys at Orlando Pride. My camera recorded the dates being in early June of 2014. ("Gay Days Orlando" weekend)

1402262839211.jpg

1402288462516.jpg

1402287991274.jpg

That one night in Orlando it was a typical hot, humid Florida summer day. Then it lightly rained off and in the early evening. So by mid to late evening, even though I and the rest of us had arrived freshly showered, fairly soon everybody was a sticky sweaty mess in about 88 degrees and what felt like a steamy 120% humidity. haha

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the pictures Tampa. I’m jealous of you and Mikeyank from getting to meet some of the boys and I guess you met Sha also?

I was also there that weekend Jay! I was actually there both Saturday and Sunday. So we were likely within a few feet of each other at least. That weekend they had Paul Canon, Kayden Alexander and MHRIP...Tyler White. And of course, Sha. :) I don't know if you saw them at the booth of the Double Tree Hotel or the booth at Parliament House. They were in both places.

You should have come over to chat with them. I know it's tough being shy in person. I'm shy myself. But over the last 13 years in particular I've come out of my shell more in real life. I credit the book A Course in Miracles for helping me with self esteem and shyness. But that's a different story. haha

Anyway though, I'm glad you at least got to see some of the models in person even if you didn't engage with them. :) I wish they would bring back some of the Pride events with the models. But I also know it's very expensive and time consuming for the company. Still... Hope springs eternal. lol Even if they can't afford to do it all over the country, maybe they'd consider doing one in Orlando or Atlanta. I've actually kind of lost track of where they are now. Can you help me out guys? haha

I had a crappy camera at the time on my phone. But here are some pics of me and the guys at Orlando Pride. My camera recorded the dates being in early June of 2014. ("Gay Days Orlando" weekend)

View attachment 19704

View attachment 19706

View attachment 19707

That one night in Orlando it was a typical hot, humid Florida summer day. Then it lightly rained off and in the early evening. So by mid to late evening, even though I and the rest of us had arrived freshly showered, fairly soon everybody was a sticky sweaty mess in about 88 degrees and what felt like a steamy 120% humidity. haha

Love the pictures. This must have been a different event. I think it was Gay Days in June, because the booth was indoors at some convention room. Next time I’ll try to get up the courage to say hello. Breaks my heart to see Tyler....so young.

Love the pictures. This must have been a different event. I think it was Gay Days in June, because the booth was indoors at some convention room. Next time I’ll try to get up the courage to say hello. Breaks my heart to see Tyler....so young.
Yes Jay,

The picture on top (with all three models) is from an indoor booth in a convention style room at the Double Tree Hotel. Paul was at one other Orlando event another year that I couldn't attend because I had a fractured neck. I don't recall if Kayden made it to two Orlando events or not. But I'm thinking we went to the same one. I could be wrong though. It happens sometimes. haha

Yes. Seeing Tyler so young and beautiful and so full of potential for the future, just breaks my heart. *Sigh*

Thanks for posting the pictures Tampa. I’m jealous of you and Mikeyank from getting to meet some of the boys and I guess you met Sha also?

Yeah. I've definitely met Sha. He's a great guy! Very genuine, approachable and easy to talk to. Although his face is blocked by one of the models' baseball caps, you can just make him out seated in the background over Paul's shoulder in the middle picture. :)

Yeah. I've definitely met Sha. He's a great guy! Very genuine, approachable and easy to talk to. Although his face is blocked by one of the models' baseball caps, you can just make him out seated in the background over Paul's shoulder in the middle picture. :)

I remember Mikeyank enjoyed chatting with Sha. I know I would. You know how I am about the behind the scenes stuff.

Ahhh Sha seems like someone I’d like to sit down and talk with. He seems cool in all of the interviews.

1. I am equal parts English and Irish, probably explains the paleness lol
2. I have ADHD meaning I’m full of energy and love to chat and meet new people.
3. Always doing favors for folks without asking anything in return; yesterday I helped a friend bury his dog when there was no one else around to help.
4. Last time I moved house a friends rock band helped.
5. Have epilepsy (3-4 seizures a year) and don’t let it control my life.
6. Agnostic
7. I am a minimalist and extremely anal... Everything must be in its place.
8. I am inexperienced sexually and apart from the rape have never gone beyond oral. (Yet)
9. Volunteered with the Israeli army.
10. Studied sociology and criminology at school.

Yikes I sound boring lol

3. Always doing favors for folks without asking anything in return; yesterday I helped a friend bury his dog when there was no one else around to help.
6. Agnostic
8. I am inexperienced sexually and apart from the rape have never gone beyond oral. (Yet)

Yikes I sound boring lol

You are not boring! We are glad to have you here.

6. Agnostic

Yikes I sound boring lol
Quite the opposite of boring Tim. All ten were actually interesting to me in their own way.

The three that stood out most to me were

1) How you like to do favors, (noted you spelled it the American way and not "favours" as other Brits here have spelled it here over the years, lol, but my point is how sweet that is of you, like the classic boy scout helping an old lady across the street. lol

2) That a friends rock band helped you move. Some rockers are real cuties so I am picturing some hot young guys lifting and sweating and showing off their bods. lol I am a perv, always thinking about sex, I admit it.

3) That you volunteered in the Israeli army. For a non-Israeli to do that is something.

You are actually an interesting person, and I love how open you are about your life. As I said on the "boring forum" thread, things have slowed down here and an infusion of new and young blood here is always welcome. Thanks very much for participating. :smile:

Eh, this seems cool. Let me join the cause !

1. I'm Indonesian with Chinese Ancestry.
2. I used to own a food stall for 4.5 years as COO and recipe developer when i was 18.
3. I always bring my sketchbook everywhere.
4. I have BA degree in graphic design.
5. I love the color purple.
6. I'm an avid gamer
7. I love cakes, cheesecake is my favorite alongside red velvet.
8. I have collection of Starbucks' tumbler from every country i've visited before.
9. I once created my own manga in 2013.
10. I have a chatur***e account and recently i've been broadcasting.

There are more but it limited to 10 ahahahaha

Eh, this seems cool. Let me join the cause !

1. I'm Indonesian with Chinese Ancestry.
2. I used to own a food stall for 4.5 years as COO and recipe developer when i was 18.
3. I always bring my sketchbook everywhere.
4. I have BA degree in graphic design.
5. I love the color purple.
6. I'm an avid gamer
7. I love cakes, cheesecake is my favorite alongside red velvet.
8. I have collection of Starbucks' tumbler from every country i've visited before.
9. I once created my own manga in 2013.
10. I have a chatur***e account and recently i've been broadcasting.

There are more but it limited to 10 ahahahaha
Thanks for sharing Med. It's always interesting to learn more about my fellow forumites.:biggrin:

And I especially love this thread as it was started by Scorpio back in January 2009, and being big Broke Straight Boys history and Broke Straight Boys forum history guy, this thread contains info on so many of the forumites from over the last eleven years!