• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

What is your favorite food and why?

lovelumps

BSB Addict
Reaction score
I've been standing in my kitchen for about half and hour frying conch fritters to take to a Caribbean dinner party. They are delightful, by the way. I've mixed up a spicy sweet chile sauce to go with them. At any rate, the process is fairly boring, drop the fritters in oil, wait, take them out, drop the next batch in, wait... you get the idea, and it got me thinking. We've been playing "get to know you" for the last week or so and I started wondering what my fellow forumites consider to be their favorite meal, type of food, or dish.

My favorite dish would have to be the Szechwanese dish Mapo Doufu, or Pock-Marked Ma's Bean Curd. It's a spicy, complex dish of ground pork, tofu, ground chiles, and lots of ginger and garlic. It has such great texture and flavor, with the spicy pork, the silky tofu, spicy Szechwan peppercorns and just the barest hint of sweet to balance it out. It's like a symphony going on in my mouth every time I eat it.

One of my best friends in college were from the bahamas so I grew to love some spicy stuff. I love jerk chicken but I havent had it done proper since last saw my friend drica 5 years ago. Nothing better than jerk chicken, shells and cheese, beans and some corn bread. I pay for it later but its the best thing known to man.

We've got a great jerk chicken (and ribs) restaurant here. Very very popular. They now have two restaurants and are planning to open a franchise in the Philippines.

Personally, I LOVE anything with pasta

Chafu213

We all scream for Ice Cream

For all those into French cuisine and it's diminutive serving sizes, I feel I can speak freely since I am half-French; my French relatives reside in the same hillside village where the Benedictine Monk -- Dom Perignon -- first discovered/invented the process of putting bubbles in Champagne; and nothing can be quite as good as the art of making homemade Mayonnaise -- the French way.

I say this, hopefully, to have all of you salivating by now! The best and my most favorite food is: (Drum roll begins now) None other than a big serving of Blue Bunny - Banana Pudding Ice Cream. (Drum roll ends now)

chinese food. i can eat it til i'm full and in an hour go back for more. i love sweet and spicy foods. a spiciness that creeps up on you and bites you in the ass and sits there for hours. i love it. :)

chinese food. i can eat it til i'm full and in an hour go back for more. i love sweet and spicy foods. a spiciness that creeps up on you and bites you in the ass and sits there for hours. i love it. :)

now you have me wanting pot stickers thanks :p

For all those into French cuisine and it's diminutive serving sizes, I feel I can speak freely since I am half-French; my French relatives reside in the same hillside village where the Benedictine Monk -- Dom Perignon -- first discovered/invented the process of putting bubbles in Champagne; and nothing can be quite as good as the art of making homemade Mayonnaise -- the French way.

I say this, hopefully, to have all of you salivating by now! The best and my most favorite food is: (Drum roll begins now) None other than a big serving of Blue Bunny - Banana Pudding Ice Cream. (Drum roll ends now)

cumrag, you had me all excited, really. Champagne and real mayonnaise, with a capital M. Holy moly! I was a French major. I'm in awe of your French side! And then you shot me down with ice cream. Not that I find anything wrong with your fav. Au contraire.... I love ice cream. All kinds, provided they do not contain any form of banana!!! But that's the beauty of life... we can all love different things and still find common ground. Vive la France, and Blue Bunny!

i like to eat babies, they go well with a nice chianti!

I suppose being English I should be championing Fish and Chips, and although I am tempted now and again you have to find a real good Fish and Chip shop to get the best out of them. Some are horrendous and make you throw up, others are superb.

Of course if the shops are closed there is always Roast Beef and Yorkshire puddings with Roast potatoes and veg.

My favorite kind of food is Indian food. It's very vegetarian friendly. I love a good curry.

My favorite individual food is hummus. I just started making my own. I probably eat it everyday. I just started making a jalapeno hummus and also started making my own jalapeno vodka. So my dinner is usually hummus and pita with a spicy bloody mary.

My favorite dessert is rice pudding.

nobody seems to care that i eat babies....hmmm

nobody seems to care that i eat babies....hmmm

I like babies too. I like a good lamb shish-kebob from time to time, and nothing beats a Veal Chop Milanese with an arugula and garden fresh beefsteak tomato salad.

Geez...now I am starved

- Josh

I love sushi the more exotic the better. Sorry I don't eat whale meat or endangered species - I do have my limits.

Don't apologize for having a conscience! However, if you have a taste for the exotic, perhaps JW can point you in the direction of a place that serves up fresh baby tataki! HAHA!!!

Sushi is delicious and one of my top 5, although typically my eyes are bigger than my stomach and I end up eating myself out of any desire to have sushi for a time.

Is it bad that it's taken me all this time, to still not know what my favorite food is? I don't know why we think it is so difficult. I bet if you asked everyone their favorite drink, they would know what it was.

My mom's sausage gravy that she would cook on Sunday mornings.
Not because of religion of it being Sunday, just the day all of us could get together.
Heck afterall my mom was Christian but not overly, I'm Wiccan, My sister is well my sister and my brother is pretty Christian but not too bad of it. (sorry if any of that offended anyone)

Why I liked it was because the taste was so decadent=)
It also brought my family together almost each week so that made it all the better=)

That'sy my answer=)

Porterhouse steak - thick and on the rare side of medium-rare, with a baked potato lathered with butter, sour cream, and chives. If that's not available, a nice, large broiled lobster tail with melted butter on the side.

I'm also partial to White Castle. Go figure! If I'm hungry and it's near, that's my favorite food of the moment.

My mom's sausage gravy that she would cook on Sunday mornings.
Not because of religion of it being Sunday, just the day all of us could get together.
Heck afterall my mom was Christian but not overly, I'm Wiccan, My sister is well my sister and my brother is pretty Christian but not too bad of it. (sorry if any of that offended anyone)

Why I liked it was because the taste was so decadent=)
It also brought my family together almost each week so that made it all the better=)

That'sy my answer=)

I fix biscuits and gravy since it's my hubby's favorite breakfast, and our kids have come to love it just as much. We don't have it often, but as a comfort food, it's one of the best!

Last edited: