• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

The perils of being GAY, and FAT

No thanks needed as you truly are a clever guy and very wise and I know I dont know you or your family but by what ive seen of how people like you on here and by how and what you post im sure that anybody thats looking down on you should be feeling very proud of what they see. Dan x

Gee Dan if you feel so strongly about what a wonderful person Jon is you should start a new thread all about him so the rest of us can line up, bend over and kiss his ass too? Sorry but when I read your saccharine statement I threw up a little in the back of my mouth.

Did you miss the part where Jon said;
"It all depends on the fat gay guy's idea/expectations of who he is going to meet up with. If he thinks that some adonis is going to drool over him then he had better think again or wait for 30 years to find such a guy who is a chubby chaser. Yes I said there was or is someone for everyone and there is probably a fat guy for a fat guy, but I would guess that most fat guys want to be with a good looking fitty. In that case then I have to be harsh and say get real or get treading those boards and get fit."

That's not very wise nor very nice and it echos what a lot of people believe that fat people only deserve to be with other undesirable people. Since Jon is not fat he has no idea what it is like to be fat, it's like the white people who say they understand the black experience because they have a lot of black friends. In other words it's bullshit.

I'm not saying this to be mean, I respect Jon for his straightforward honesty even if it is painful. Maybe that's why I want to call him out when I strongly disagree.

Last edited:
Gee Dan if you feel so strongly about what a wonderful person Jon is you should start a new thread all about him so the rest of us can line up, bend over and kiss his ass too? Sorry but when I read your saccharine statement I threw up a little in the back of my mouth.

"It all depends on the fat gay guy's idea/expectations of who he is going to meet up with. If he thinks that some adonis is going to drool over him then he had better think again or wait for 30 years to find such a guy who is a chubby chaser. Yes I said there was or is someone for everyone and there is probably a fat guy for a fat guy, but I would guess that most fat guys want to be with a good looking fitty. In that case then I have to be harsh and say get real or get treading those boards and get fit."

That's not very wise nor very nice and it echos what a lot of people believe that fat people only deserve to be with other undesirable people. Since Jon is not fat he has no idea what it is like to be fat, it's like the white people who say they understand the black experience because they have a lot of black friends. In other words it's bullshit.

I'm not saying this to be mean, I respect Jon for his straightforward honesty even if it is painful. Maybe that's why I want to call him out when I strongly disagree.
that was a bit harsh, I meant every word I said to Jon and no I didn't miss anything that he said. I my self am no Adonis and as you can imagine with myself being bed bound I am not thin either and so with me being on the side that he's talking about I can stil say I mean what I said as everybody is entitled to their own opinions as it's a free world and if I could go out on the town I wouldn't ever dream about going for a thin hot guy as I'm realistic and I know that is how the world is. Yes in an ideal world we would all stand a chance with who ever we wanted but we do not live in a ideal world so I'd take personality over looks anyday. You took a nice comment and turned it around and that wasn't a great thing to do. Dan

You are entitled to your opinion Ben however, I stand by my statement. Sure there are some fat people who have hereditary diseases but I am generalising when I made the aforementioned quoted comment. You can blame McDonalds, blame Microsoft, blame any food store that sells food that makes you fat, but the biggest blame falls on the people that eat such crap and of course do little or no exercise because they're sat in front of their PCs instead of getting out and doing sport. TBH I was a chubby baby but as I grew up I grew out of it and had good enough parents who fed me fruit, vegetables and we hardly ever had coke or other teeth rotting drinks at our house.

In the school holidays, my parents hardly saw me because I was playing soccer or going out on my bike and riding for miles on end.

BTW I did not quote your first paragraph because I think you're being quite silly and hurtful towards Dan, which I think is quite cruel.

I don't want anyone to lick my ass (well not in the forum), or think I'm wonderful. I can stand up on my own two feet thank you very much, but don't try and be clever by twisting some guys truly honest words into a fight. It doesn't become you.

This thread wasn't about why people are fat and for this thread it doesn't matter why anyone is fat. Sure I would agree with you that the majority of fat people are fat because of their own fault. I do disagree with you saying that a fat person does not deserve or have the right to lust after a beautiful person.

I see fat people with thin and attractive people all the time. I'm fat and I've been with some very attractive people. You seem to have the attitude that because you don't find fat people attractive that other normal sized people wouldn't find them attractive either which is wrong. I'm sensitive to this issue because I've had to deal with it all my life. I can't even tell you the number of times people have told me that they thought the only way I could get laid is I paid for it. Basically they're saying I'm so fat and ugly no one will have sex with me unless I pay for it. Do you have any idea how much that hurts? You basically said the same thing when you said fat people should not set their sights too high. It's like saying "Oh sure it's OK if fat people have sex as long as they stick with fucking other fat people." What's next? Do you want to banish us to Fat Island? Oh no, that probably wouldn't work because the island would sink.

Just because you're not aware of fat and fit people connecting does not mean it does not exist. You have the right to desire anyone you want but you're saying fat people don't have that right, they shouldn't have high expectations? No matter how much you backpedal and say you're open minded and you think people should be more open minded your statement that fat people should not get their hopes up and should not aim too high reveals the truth.

Seriously Dan if you were sitting in a wheelchair at a gay bar do you think Jon would say "Hi" or even look at you? I'm sure he wouldn't look at me or say "Hi" to me either but I don't see it as a great loss. I would say that as of late for the most part Jon has been pretty nice on here, it kind of made me wonder if he's ill because he's not usually nice. Maybe he is growing up and maturing or maybe it's just a phase?

Ben you really do seem to have had a bad few days, both on this and the other side of the forum. Now you're really hitting rock bottom by trying to put member against member, which is as sad as it gets. Actually I would say hello to Dan if he was in a wheelchair but if you were in the bar taking up two places and mouthing off the shit that you have being doing on here for the last day, then i would just ignore you.

And actually I did suspect you were fat, otherwise you wouldn't have been defending fat people so much.

This thread wasn't about why people are fat and for this thread it doesn't matter why anyone is fat. Sure I would agree with you that the majority of fat people are fat because of their own fault. I do disagree with you saying that a fat person does not deserve or have the right to lust after a beautiful person.

I see fat people with thin and attractive people all the time. I'm fat and I've been with some very attractive people. You seem to have the attitude that because you don't find fat people attractive that other normal sized people wouldn't find them attractive either which is wrong. I'm sensitive to this issue because I've had to deal with it all my life. I can't even tell you the number of times people have told me that they thought the only way I could get laid is I paid for it. Basically they're saying I'm so fat and ugly no one will have sex with me unless I pay for it. Do you have any idea how much that hurts? You basically said the same thing when you said fat people should not set their sights too high. It's like saying "Oh sure it's OK if fat people have sex as long as they stick with fucking other fat people." What's next? Do you want to banish us to Fat Island? Oh no, that probably wouldn't work because the island would sink.

Just because you're not aware of fat and fit people connecting does not mean it does not exist. You have the right to desire anyone you want but you're saying fat people don't have that right, they shouldn't have high expectations? No matter how much you backpedal and say you're open minded and you think people should be more open minded your statement that fat people should not get their hopes up and should not aim too high reveals the truth.

Seriously Dan if you were sitting in a wheelchair at a gay bar do you think Jon would say "Hi" or even look at you? I'm sure he wouldn't look at me or say "Hi" to me either but I don't see it as a great loss. I would say that as of late for the most part Jon has been pretty nice on here, it kind of made me wonder if he's ill because he's not usually nice. Maybe he is growing up and maturing or maybe it's just a phase?
ok im goining to ignore the first part of your post as I really cant be bothered with your petty argument. Regarding your part about me to be honest I dont care if he'd talk to me at a bar in a wheel chair as I my life exists in the virtual world and so my life is online. Also if you read mine and jons history you will notice in the first person to speak up to him if hes in the wrong but this time I dont think he is as everybody is entitled to think how they want and as I said earlier im not exactly thin as when your bed bound exersise isnt possible but even if I went out like I am I wouldnt dream of going after someone thats amazingly gorgeous as I know I wouldn't stand a chance id rather go for someone similar to me as id feel more comfortable. Dan

This thread has proven the old adage that "politics makes strange bedfellows", and that can be taken on more than one level. :001_unsure:

ok im goining to ignore the first part of your post as I really cant be bothered with your petty argument. Regarding your part about me to be honest I dont care if he'd talk to me at a bar in a wheel chair as I my life exists in the virtual world and so my life is online. Also if you read mine and jons history you will notice in the first person to speak up to him if hes in the wrong but this time I dont think he is as everybody is entitled to think how they want and as I said earlier im not exactly thin as when your bed bound exersise isnt possible but even if I went out like I am I wouldnt dream of going after someone thats amazingly gorgeous as I know I wouldn't stand a chance id rather go for someone similar to me as id feel more comfortable. Dan
You are Beautiful to me Dan.Got to know you a little. Like I said before . Wish you lived next door.
Love..
johnny

Dan - If I were near you I would visit you in your hospital bed and chat for ages.

Dan - If I were near you I would visit you in your hospital bed and chat for ages.
thanks Jon, I wish I was in a hospital bed that way I could get a hot male nurse to do the stuff for me, at the moment I get to be bed bound at home but that also means I have to have the humiliation of having to have my mum help to bathe me and even after all this time I hate it. I really appreciate what you said though as it means allot. Dan x

You are Beautiful to me Dan.Got to know you a little. Like I said before . Wish you lived next door.
Love..
johnny
thank you Johnny what you said means more than you could know and its been an honour and a privilege to get to become your friend. Dan x

Hey, guys -

Sorry, I had a few days off the board, because my gallbladder was really, really acting up. (And might jeopardize my planned holiday in September, with Mr. K., if I have to have an operation, soon.) It's a little better now, and I couldn't resist checking in on the board. Here are my thoughts on this thread, as it has evolved:

1.) I didn't post this to cause any kind of uproar - but rather to offer some sympathy and friendship to gay guys, who are fat, like me. Whatever the REASONS are for our being fat (and sometimes they can be overcome, and sometimes not): it is not EASY to be gay, and fat. I just wanted to offer a little support, and friendship - and allow anyone in a like situation, to write to me, in friendship.

2.) May God help me - I no longer subscribe to BenBen's comments on any subject, because after his supremely nasty (serial) discourtesies to me after Independence Day: I can no longer take him seriously, in any way. Having read (vicariously) Ben's FURTHER discourtesies to Dan, regarding Dan's kind words toward Jon, my sentiments in this regard are further reinforced. I think that:

*Dan's affection toward Jon is EMINENTLY defensible.
*I think there is nothing AT ALL wrong with showing REAL HUMAN AFFECTION toward members, or models, who merit it. I have been accused, on a few occasions, of kissing members' or models' asses, when I liked them - but I recant NOTHING. I love the people, I love. Period. And make no apologies, for doing so.
*Despite some initial misunderstandings, I have come to appreciate and love Jon from Liverton, and, while I would and will not kiss his ass (only his BOYFRIEND is entitled to do THAT): I would and will kiss him on the CHEEK, any day - and give him a great big HUG.
*Dan is entitled to do likewise, and I think that Ben's comments show a great lack of respect, and human feeling.

3.) This is NOT to say that I don't disagree with Jon, by times. This may well be one of those times - and I reserve the right to disagree with Jon civilly, but strenuously, as the occasion dictates. While it IS true that a healthier diet and more exercise will make ANYONE (even the fattest person) thinner ~ there is no guarantee that such measures will make everyone thin enough to be regarded as TRULY thin.

I do believe that genetics play a far larger role in these matters than some (especially certain folk in the U.K. press, where this subject has been much-discussed): SUPPOSE. For the last 20 years of her life, my sainted Mother ate little more than a garden-salad every day, and rode her bicycle 10 miles every day. But, she was still FAT. (Not, mind you, as fat as her SISTER, who didn't submit to such austerities - and who was HUGELY FAT: but still fat, nonetheless.)

I do think Jon's perspective on this matter is helpful, and that his adjurations to better diet and exercise are very important. However, I do believe that the solution to the problem is not quite as simple, as he suggests.

4.) I was particularly interested to hear Louis' account of his struggles to GAIN weight, over the years. Because, yes, I have known more than a few gay men who, like Louis, have had struggles which are diametrically opposite, to my own. Try as they might - with robust, healthy, diets (full of protein): and vigorous schedules of Nautilus and other exercise - they cannot seem to gain weight, and remain reed-thin FOREVER. . . and ALSO end up being passed-over, because they don't have the lovely, masculine, musculature, that so many of us prize, as an attribute in a lover. It is the opposite problem to the one I described: but, it is nonetheless, every BIT as real, and heartbreaking.

5.) I think you are lovely, Dan. And I suppose (though I didn't originally conceive it this way): this thread is dedicated to EVERYONE who doesn't look like an "Abercrombie and Fitch" model - or however the standard picture of a "great gay boyfriend", is popularly SUPPOSED to look. I have no doubt (after my life's experiences) that at least some of our tastes, as gay men (as reflected in the most popular models in both clothing-catalogues, and gay erotic sites) may be conditioned by evolution, or other factors far beyond conscious control.

This doesn't mean, though, that people who don't look like an Abercrombie and Fitch model, CAN'T ULTIMATELY prove to be attractive, to ANYONE. Simply because they don't LOOK (at first glance) like candidates ready to be pasted up, upon the frieze of some new Parthenon.

First of all, I've encountered MANY guys in wheelchairs, in the town where I live, who are really physically exquisite, in their face and form and manner - and whom I wouldn't disdain to love, for a MOMENT.

Second, beyond ALL the things we've been talking about, on this thread - for all of us, LOOKS WILL FADE: and DO FADE. And yesterday's Abercrombie and Fitch model, is tomorrow's rather fatter, balder, and undistinguished guy, walking down the street. I'm old enough, I know a couple of models (once the bright stars of the erotic firmament): who are in PRECISELY that position, now.

GAY MEN, but not just gay men, but ALL MEN: are in a bit of a bind. Nature has made us (I believe) in such a way that MOST of us respond quite fulsomely, to visual experiences. And those experiences are (without question) one of the great delights, of human LIFE. (No question - this is the reason all of us, are HERE ;-)

BUT - in terms of love, and kindness, and ultimate contentment - visual appearances are the most fleeting and faithless indicators of ALL, when it comes to the possibility of happiness.

So I (who have been betrayed SO many times, in my life, by MY physical appearance) posted this thread really, only, to share my experience, and, to give a little hope to those who have felt the same way, I have.

The gay world can be very cruel, and very tough, toward those of us who don't fit the prescribed ideal. But, over time, as our contemporaries get beaten and battered and tormented in all the storms of life. . . even gay men ~ who have often seemed, to me, to be the shallowest creatures on earth (but perhaps that's because I don't know, at that level of intimacy, so many STRAIGHT MEN): can sometimes come around. . . . and take a moment to look into the heart and soul of someone they are speaking with, in the moment.

And even, perhaps, come to LOVE that someone, if he is KIND.

"A" XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Last edited:
The real world and the porn world are two different entities to me. In my porn world, I consider it to be a "fantasy world" where I can "demand" my version of perfection to my eyes, to get turned on. And I am very critical, (mostly silently on the board) of models who have extra weight around their middles. I turn to porn to be turned on, and a smooth, slim swimmer's build is what turns me on. One of my all time favorite models on any version of Broke Straight Boys is Ayden Troy. Some have told me that his face is not perfect, or that he does not have a great personality, or that he's not the greatest sexual performer, but to my eyes his body is perfection and he gets me excited every time I see him, while other popular models, who fan's seem to adore them, have some extra flesh around their middles and I cannot get excited by them.

So in real life it is true, as Ambi said:

"GAY MEN, but not just gay men, but ALL MEN: are in a bit of a bind. Nature has made us (I believe) in such a way that MOST of us respond quite fulsomely, to visual experiences. And those experiences are (without question) one of the great delights, of human LIFE. (No question - this is the reason all of us, are HERE ;-)"

I realized in my late teens that when I went out cruising, or into a gay bar, that the guy I wanted was not necessarily interested in me, and so I like most "average looking" guys understand that real life can be very different from movies, television and yes porn. And we need to adjust to the real world, with mostly real looking people, who do not look like Damien and Paul, to be our sex partners, lovers and friends.

Last edited:
I can honestly say at 51 that a guys confidence and how he carries himself is what attracts me. Mick is a good example: he's not what i would call "a pretty boy" nor in my eyes classicly handsome, but the way he is so confident, masculine and sexy that fucker could make me right bad checks!!! lol Diesal also fits this catagory for me...

My final say is simply, eat less calories, exercise more and you will lose weight. If that doesn't work then try drinking green tea, as this speeds up the metabolism.

My final say is simply, eat less calories, exercise more and you will lose weight. If that doesn't work then try drinking green tea, as this speeds up the metabolism.

It must be wonderful to have your life so together that you feel justified telling other people how to live. It must be grand to be you, what with the sun shining out of your arsehole and your farts smelling like roses.

Ambi ole boy the horse is dead stop beating it. Thanksgiving is coming in few months, I'm sure you can come up with a new insult for us dreaded Americans by then.

Ambi wrote, "LOOKS WILL FADE: and DO FADE."

This summer my high school class held their 50th reunion. I chose not to go. The price was $150.00 per plate which was way beyond my means. However, after the event they sent a group picture of those who had attended out to all of the members of my graduating class. Needless to say, I recognized no one in that picture. I zoomed it in, panned it back and forth just to be able to read some of the name tags. Looks do not only fade away, but also become transformed in every imaginable way. But, I did recognize one guy in that picture. It is a small picture but that is me hanging on the wall behind the guys. It is my graduation picture. Mine is the one on the right. Happy Monday, everyone!

50 - Copy.jpg

Ambi wrote, "LOOKS WILL FADE: and DO FADE."

This summer my high school class held their 50th reunion. I chose not to go. The price was $150.00 per plate which was way beyond my means. However, after the event they sent a group picture of those who had attended out to all of the members of my graduating class. Needless to say, I recognized no one in that picture. I zoomed it in, panned it back and forth just to be able to read some of the name tags. Looks do not only fade away, but also become transformed in every imaginable way. But, I did recognize one guy in that picture. It is a small picture but that is me hanging on the wall behind the guys. It is my graduation picture. Mine is the one on the right. Happy Monday, everyone!

View attachment 12843

Louis - you still look GREAT! And very much like in your high school photo!!! But you're lucky - because you have those high cheekbones, and beautiful facial structure. . . I have known a lot of Aboriginal/First Nations people who are blessed, that way.

Beautiful story - thank you!!!

"A" XOXOXOXOXOXO