• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Supreme Court Strikes Down DOMA! :)

I'm not a politician. I'm just a mom that has spent my entire adult life in the educational system. I come from a state that half my own country can't see past stereo types to understand. That being said, everyone is allowed their opinions, their educated guesses, and their misconceptions by what they see on all forms of media. Again, with that being said, here is mine.

The United States covers almost as much area as the continent of Europe. It houses as many nationalities as the continent of Europe, as well as religions, languages, cultures, traditions, intelligences, and beliefs. It has a huge variation of climate and geographic differences, making the needs of these areas totally different and often times opposite of each other.....

And, all this falls under ONE government to lead.

Tell me again how we can unite everyone and fix it all, to everyone's benefit? I'm not saying that anyone is right or wrong in all these political arguments that develop on here, I'm just saying that some people may have no idea of what the United States actually consists of, and the size of the job the government really has here.

images

should be aware that Jesus Christ did not make one negative comment about homosexuals.

He probably didn't know they existed, unless of course they were all in the closet.

In many ways the Bible Belt is behind the times. And it's sad. The Bible Belt states usually encompass only the southern states that formed part of the Confederacy at the outset of the Civil War. Tennessee being a bit of an exception. The far western states didn't fully come into the Union until after the Civil War. They shared a different history and culture than the deep south in the east. Florida is deep south and was part of the Confederacy but it is more progressive in its politics and culture. That's probably because it is populated by so many people who were born and grew up elsewhere. Plus we have the influence of so many domestic and international tourists.

The state of Florida went for Obama in both of the last 2 elections. :)

But still...the state government is dominated by a Republican majority and a Republican governor who's a crook. :/

Thanks Tampa. It's kinda strange that people vote for Obama for president but then vote for Republicans in the state elections, especially as it's the state that make the laws and decisions to affect those living there.