• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Summer Television

tim114114

BSB Addict
Reaction score
I am a reader and not much of a tv or movie person. However, I did watch the premier of "Crossing Lines" on NBC on Sunday night. Two hours and not bad. Also watched "Under the Dome" on Monday night. This based on a Steven King novel of the same name. I like the premise. This seems new to me for network tv introducing dramatic series at the beginning of the summer season. I think both have potential. What do you guys and gals think.

I started watching a TV documentary last night about a guy in Las Vegas who had 10 stone testicles. I gave it 5 mins viewing and switched over. Whilst I did gather that it was an illness/disease and not self inflicted, it was too horrible to watch.

Continuing to watch Crossing Lines on NBC. Watched episode # 3 this evening. Not bad. It is sort of CSI - Europe.

Heatwave here in New Jersey also. Beer is good for all seasons. AC is saving my ass currently.

I am a reader and not much of a tv or movie person. However, I did watch the premier of "Crossing Lines" on NBC on Sunday night. Two hours and not bad. Also watched "Under the Dome" on Monday night. This based on a Steven King novel of the same name. I like the premise. This seems new to me for network tv introducing dramatic series at the beginning of the summer season. I think both have potential. What do you guys and gals think.

I spend hours watching TV and love all kinds of shows. I watch both the shows you mentioned above. The only problem I have with "Crossing Lines" is the bad hand of the one detective keeps changing (just watch the first 15 min of the pilot...soo funny). And I hated the fact that Tommy's romance was cut so short;hat means we are going to have to wait a while before we see him without clothes...damnit!,

Watched the third episode of "Under the Dome." Still ok. As a reader, I do have a problem with tv. - commercials. I think I am required to watch 20 to 25 minutes of advertising for an hour show. Seldom worth it to me.

Still watching "Crossing Lines" and "Under the Dome." Not bad for summer tv. Anyone else watching these shows?

Still watching "Crossing Lines" and "Under the Dome." Not bad for summer tv. Anyone else watching these shows?
Me; I like both shows("they" seem to have settled on the right hand of the detective from NY for "Crossing Lines). Also, have you tried "Do No Harm"? A doctor has a true split personality and at 8:25 "changes" from one good guy to one bad guy...there is a son involved as well. Again, a good one. Also, with the commercial thing, I DVR it from AT&T Uverse first, then run through the commercials.
You may also try to watch them on line with HULU or the like. I don't know if you get Starz, but "The White Queen" just started, it looks good.

For all you English programme lovers, Downton Abbey starts series 4 in September. The UKs X FActor starts in a few weeks time.

Breaking Bad Is Also A Good Tv Show.. im hooked on it now but The Shield Is A Great Tv Show As Well I Used To Watch It A Couple Years Ago

For all you English programme lovers, Downton Abbey starts series 4 in September. The UKs X FActor starts in a few weeks time.

Woohoo! :thumbup:

I'm still crushed though that they killed off one of the most handsome actors and a great character of the show. However, it will still offer plenty of dramatic possibilities as the storyline moves forward.

There is often a several month gap from when the show is aired domestically in Britain to when we can see it here on American television.

Hey Jon,

How has the choice of the new Doctor Who actor been received in Britain? Speaking strictly for myself, I'm disappointed. I was hoping that if they did go with another actor that they would keep the character a handsome and relatively younger man in the late 20's to late 30's age range. I'm honestly not sure if I will watch and enjoy the next season(s) as much. :/

Hey Jon,

How has the choice of the new Doctor Who actor been received in Britain? Speaking strictly for myself, I'm disappointed. I was hoping that if they did go with another actor that they would keep the character a handsome and relatively younger man in the late 20's to late 30's age range. I'm honestly not sure if I will watch and enjoy the next season(s) as much. :/

Apart from the recent Doctors most of the previous ones were old. I suppose they're mixing and matching now and just proving that the Doctors can regenerate into anybody of any age. Saying that the success of the last few series has been down to the writing so as long as they keep the same writers I'm sure it will be good. Not all viewers perve over the the young doctors lol.

Woohoo! :thumbup:

I'm still crushed though that they killed off one of the most handsome actors and a great character of the show. However, it will still offer plenty of dramatic possibilities as the storyline moves forward.

There is often a several month gap from when the show is aired domestically in Britain to when we can see it here on American television.

If you go to msn uk they have a couple of spoilers for the next series. There are at least 5 new characters, one of which is a black American, but sadly the bitch Miss O'Brien has left the series.

Fawlty Towers was brillant. Still makes me laugh. Because of your youth, you may have missed it.

Not all viewers perve over the the young doctors lol.

You say that like it's a bad thing. LOL

It's not like I ever had a hand in my pants watching the show. :) Just that I liked the doctors to be younger. It also didn't hurt if they tried to find an actor who was reasonably youthful and handsome. Or at least the British equivalent of handsome. lmao

I've been happy that I didn't see some of the earlier series with much older doctors because it might have turned me off to the show. When I accidentally caught snippets of the show in the 70's it was SO low budget and tacky that even as a small child it looked stupid to me. The sets were so poor that the doctor would have robots chasing him around from one corner in a single room to another corner in the same rrom. And they tried to make it seem like it was a large area they were chasing each other around in. Yet even to this 11 y/o child it was quite obvious that the set was only about double the size of my small living room at the time. lol The franchise has come a long way! :)

This summer I watch Under The Dome which is very good, and still True Blood. There is not much on TV right now so can't wait for next month.

Don't you find Barbie from Under the Dome so damn hot?
Mike Vogel as Dale Barbie Barbara in CBS adaptation of Stephen Kings Under the Dome.jpg