• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Shameless USA

joninliverton

BSB Addict
Reaction score
I came across a youtube clip from the USA Shameless series. It's the first time I've watched it and noticed that all the characters' names were the same as the UK version. I think it is shown in the UK but by one of the satellite channels. I like it very much.

Here is the scene I watched - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OtRNH62SjI

wow! thanks! I watched the show back ian and mikey were caught in bed by mikey's dad.
mikey was off the kissing thing.
worth taking another look.

wow! thanks! I watched the show back ian and mikey were caught in bed by mikey's dad.
mikey was off the kissing thing.
worth taking another look.

It's pretty said in the end A1, but I think that that was the last programme in Series 4. I am not sure if there are more to watch or you guys are awaiting Series 5.

I live for "Shamless!" It's actually one show my family likes to watch together when we can. If we are apart, as so often happens, then within minutes of the show we are on Facebook and Skype talking about it. My daughter actually prefers the UK version and I, the US version. The names are the same as are a lot of the plot lines, but with each of our own country's colloquialisms, the jokes vary. Jon, you have stumbled across one of Showtimes' best series...enjoy!

I've never seen this show, but will try and find the series. Honestly I opened the thread thinking my Mate Jon was bashing America again lol

I came across a youtube clip from the USA Shameless series. It's the first time I've watched it and noticed that all the characters' names were the same as the UK version. I think it is shown in the UK but by one of the satellite channels. I like it very much.

Sure beat Mike and Molly..Thanks

I'm SO obsessed with this show. I watched the british version and loved it so you can guess how excited I was when the US version was announced. Do you have a preference between the two versions, Jon? Or do you like them equally?

I'm SO obsessed with this show. I watched the british version and loved it so you can guess how excited I was when the US version was announced. Do you have a preference between the two versions, Jon? Or do you like them equally?

Good question Bobbity. I really liked the first 3 or 4 series of the uk version but then the Maguires kinda took over and whilst I enjoyed their initial involvement it then became too stale. The story was initially about the Gallaghers, with Frank being the down and out dad, leaving his kids to fend for themselves and had it continued on this it would have been ok. Guess sometimes you need to stop the series when it gets to the top instead of flogging a dead horse till the viewers get less and less. That is what happened to Shameless uk.

So I have just watched the one episode I quoted of the US version and no one answered my question. Was the last episode of the last series ? Thanks in advance

BTW Bobbity I do like the US version but I need to see more episodes to make a comparison. One thing I have noticed is that the US neighbourhood is a lot nicer to live than the one in Manchester and the people seem a lot more well off. I find the Russian whore a hilarious character and her one liners made me fell outta bed. Here is a list of the uk characters so you can see and compare

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Shameless_characters

I'm pretty sure there will be another Season. I thought I wouldn't like it from the teasers I saw, but one nite when there was nothing on I gave it a try. Really liked it!!! Binge watched four seasons over a two week period. Did the same thing with The Wire, but burned out on it in season 3.

All series eventually get stale. Most try to ride the merry-go-round for too long. True Blood got really tired last season, and this one isn't any better. And who the fuck is still watching Survivor???!!! It's like in it's 20th season. I was over it after the first two. Coconuts, sunburns and bad Borgia plot lines get old really fast. I vote Survivor off the TV island!!!

The Closer never got old and went out with style...

Last edited:
So I have just watched the one episode I quoted of the US version and no one answered my question. Was the last episode of the last series ? Thanks in advance

BTW Bobbity I do like the US version but I need to see more episodes to make a comparison. One thing I have noticed is that the US neighbourhood is a lot nicer to live than the one in Manchester and the people seem a lot more well off. I find the Russian whore a hilarious character and her one liners made me fell outta bed. Here is a list of the uk characters so you can see and compare

Jon, that was my one beef with the show. I mean, if we're talking about people who are living below the poverty line, realistically they probably couldn't afford a house-no matter how dilapidated. Realistically, they'd probably be living in public housing-much like the projects or a trailer park. I do feel like the camaraderie that exists in the neighborhood is authentic, however.

Also, season five has been confirmed and will air some time in January of 2015 or so.

Good question Bobbity. I really liked the first 3 or 4 series of the uk version but then the Maguires kinda took over and whilst I enjoyed their initial involvement it then became too stale. The story was initially about the Gallaghers, with Frank being the down and out dad, leaving his kids to fend for themselves and had it continued on this it would have been ok. Guess sometimes you need to stop the series when it gets to the top instead of flogging a dead horse till the viewers get less and less. That is what happened to Shameless uk.

Hi Jon:

The episode you watched is from this year's last show of the season. It aired April 6th.
The next season starts in January of 2015. I wish the seasons were closer together!

I am a huge "Shameless" fan. I have only seen a few episodes of the UK show, but of course every one of the USA version.
Glad you found the show and I encourage you to start from the beginning and watch the series. I think you will really enjoy it!

Ned

Cameron Lovers

Here is a photo of Cameron Monaghan (Ian) taken a day or so ago!

He is a terrific actor even though his role on Shameless isn't that strong. I have seen him in
many television and movie roles. This 20 year old is an up and coming force in Hollywood!

Cameron Monaghan August 2014.jpg

Ive always loved the uk version of shameless and it wasn't until recently that I discovered the is version although I prefer the uk version I have to admit I found the us version very enjoyable as I always like to watch the comparisons of the same show broadcasted in the us. Dan

I have never tried this website but it has 100% of the Shameless episodes you can download and watch for free according to the header.

http://watchseries.lt/serie/shameless_(us)

Thanks dude and to Bobbity, but you have to create an account to watch these and that means giving your cc details away. I know i do it for this site but it's secure.. not so sure about those free sites.

I have learned to follow the rule that if I wonder whether to trust, I should wander away.

Thanks dude and to Bobbity, but you have to create an account to watch these and that means giving your cc details away. I know i do it for this site but it's secure.. not so sure about those free sites.

You don't actually have to give your cc details. Here's a tutorial on how to watch the videos without having to give your cc details away: search for Shameless US in the search box, click on the season you want to watch, scroll down to the episode and click. Scroll down until you see "embed codes" and below that are a list of video streamers that will allow you to watch the video for free, and just click on one. I usually use "ishared", "clicktoview", and "vidbull" to stream the vids. And I've never had to create an account or use my cc details to watch the episodes. If anyone is interested in the site, here's a link: http://www.thedarewall.com/tv/shameless-2010

You don't actually have to give your cc details. Here's a tutorial on how to watch the videos without having to give your cc details away: search for Shameless US in the search box, click on the season you want to watch, scroll down to the episode and click. Scroll down until you see "embed codes" and below that are a list of video streamers that will allow you to watch the video for free, and just click on one. I usually use "ishared", "clicktoview", and "vidbull" to stream the vids. And I've never had to create an account or use my cc details to watch the episodes. If anyone is interested in the site, here's a link: http://www.thedarewall.com/tv/shameless-2010

Thanks Bobbity it works great. I just watched the pilot episode and wow, even the script is familiar to the uk versions. All the characters names and personalities are the same, it certainly brought back memories. Now I have to watch every single episode which, at around a hour long is gonna take me like yonks.

Things I observed - The series is based in New York but probably not in the city but in the suburbs - excuse me if I'm wrong but I saw one of the tube signs stating Harlem. I also guess that only in New York do Americans swear as much lol.. Apologise to Mikey not everyone dude..

On the credits I noticed that writer/creator Phil Abbott was also an executive producer. This kinda fits in well with my observations. The main differences between the US and UK version is the size of the house that the Gallaghers live in and of course your goddamn sexy accents.

I thoroughly enjoyed the pilot episode and I guess I even got a bit emotional when Lip accepted Ian's sexuality at the very end. Another lump in the throat moment was when Debbie put a pillow under Frank's head when he was cromotosed on the floor and whispered that she loved him. Maybe I'm too darned sentimental.