• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Queer Cinema

Another great short film is Dare. It was released in 2005 and is one of those where you really want to see more. They made a full length movie in 2009, but personally thought it sucked compared to the short film. I think it's on NetFlix. Enjoy the short film (only full length film I found posted has subs in portugese)!

Here is a short film I really enjoy. Like some of the threads we've discussed before, love knows no sexual orientation.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012)
An introvert Freshmen is taken under the wings of two seniors who welcome him to the real world.

I've been saving this movie for a rainy day, and it was so worth the wait. I was completely mesmerized by Ezra Miller.
Good movie, great soundtrack!

The tunnel song...

Freier fall (free fall) a new German movie with a 'Brokeback Mountain' storyline...

Here is a short film I really enjoy. Like some of the threads we've discussed before, love knows no sexual orientation.

Beth,

I loved that! Thank you so much. :) My heart swells with both of them. Even if I imagine that that was only a one-time deal for both of them...I'm so happy that they both had that moment in time to treasure. I wonder how many times that scenario has ever played out in real life. The idea that 2 supposedly straight but possibly lonely guys had ever crossed paths in the right place and the right time and something no less than magical happened for both of them.

I wonder how many times that scenario has ever played out in real life. The idea that 2 supposedly straight but possibly lonely guys had ever crossed paths in the right place and the right time and something no less than magical happened for both of them.

About twice per week on Broke Straight Boys.com...

Here's a story about two good friends. Love the storyline, the cinematography and music. Great short film I found over the weekend. Enjoy!

Hey Beth,

I just had to watch this one again. Thanks! It almost brings tears to my eyes. :)

Brand new forum member...still working on my "hey, this is me" post but I thought I'd post a link to this masterpiece of gay cinema, "Parting Glances". It's a micro-budgeted 90 minute feature, one of the first to deal with AIDS and is also the movie that gave Steve Buscemi to the world. On its 25th anniversary I took my little sister to a special screening and we met Richard Ganoung, who played the lead Michael. He answered all kinds of questions. The film was written, directed and edited by Bill Sherwood - it was the only feature he completed as he died the same day as Keith Haring left us.

This is one of my all-time favorite films in any genre...I can watch it every few years w/o being bored or waiting for my "favorite" spot. Also, look for Kathy Kinney (Mimi from the Drew Carey show) as the boys' lesbian pal Joan. Bill Sherwood had taken an improv class from her and liked her so much that he wrote the part of Joan just for her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBXa5Ed0AWQ

Brand new forum member...still working on my "hey, this is me" post but I thought I'd post a link to this masterpiece of gay cinema, "Parting Glances". It's a micro-budgeted 90 minute feature, one of the first to deal with AIDS and is also the movie that gave Steve Buscemi to the world. On its 25th anniversary I took my little sister to a special screening and we met Richard Ganoung, who played the lead Michael. He answered all kinds of questions. The film was written, directed and edited by Bill Sherwood - it was the only feature he completed as he died the same day as Keith Haring left us.

This is one of my all-time favorite films in any genre...I can watch it every few years w/o being bored or waiting for my "favorite" spot. Also, look for Kathy Kinney (Mimi from the Drew Carey show) as the boys' lesbian pal Joan. Bill Sherwood had taken an improv class from her and liked her so much that he wrote the part of Joan just for her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBXa5Ed0AWQ

Hey there and welcome! You do have great taste in movies; anything with Steve Buscemi is my kind of movie. When you get a chance, add your info to the "10 facts" thread; we like to know who we are talking dirty to...:001_tongue:

I Want Your Love.jpgDamnit, Amazon is all sold out of "I Want Your Love." Where else can I find a copy guys?