• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Psssst !

Greetings

Now sure what image "gym decorator" is supposed to manifest? Is it an insult of some sort? I don't get it.....and I'm usually pretty good at insults, or so I've been told. But I must admit there is a HUGE segment of American culture that I missed out on by over 20 years of living in foreign countries. Saw the first episode of Saturday Night Live back in the early 70s-and I haven't watched TV since. (no cause and effect there, just moved out of the US at the same time)

JW-never apologize for being a pothead as long as you are also a productive member of society. Personally, I'd much rather be a pothead than a heavy drinker. Can't handle the hang-overs!

Think I'll head over to the "I'm bored" thread in General Chat

Forward

Chafu213

Now actually pay attention!

I personally hate the forum the way it is now. I hate being called a gym decorator and most of all I hate having the girls all lumped together as if they all had the same personality. The girls on this forum are all very different people with very different viewpoints, just like the men. Right now, what they have in common is that they are all trying to exist in a place that, at SOME times by SOME people, makes them feel unwelcome.

Somehow, my post turned into more moderator crap. So I will explain again, and clarify a few things.

Carking:
Slimvintage does not want to be a moderator!

Slimvintage has never wanted to be a moderator!

If they asked Slimvintage to be a moderator, now or any time in the past he would have said no. Actually I think he would have said "Hell no, are you fucking kidding me!"

Now:

What I was saying is that I am tired of the girls being viewed around here as a single celled organism. A friend and I were discussing what the actual percentage of girls in membership could be. We thought maybe 5%. That five percent is made up of individuals with very different personalities, backgrounds, viewpoints, and reasons for being here.

To constantly hear blanket statements of: the girls want, the girls think, the girls are, is not only stereotypical and insulting, but unfair. I don't like it when things I say get put onto the other girls, it is not fair to them. The same is true in reverse. We are not any different than you guys, in the sense that we are all very different from each other. I know there are some of you men that would be offended by being lumped together with some of the rest of you.

What I was saying is that I am tired of the girls being viewed around here as a single celled organism. A friend and I were discussing what the actual percentage of girls in membership could be. We thought maybe 5%. That five percent is made up of individuals with very different personalities, backgrounds, viewpoints, and reasons for being here.

To constantly hear blanket statements of: the girls want, the girls think, the girls are, is not only stereotypical and insulting, but unfair. I don't like it when things I say get put onto the other girls, it is not fair to them. The same is true in reverse. We are not any different than you guys, in the sense that we are all very different from each other. I know there are some of you men that would be offended by being lumped together with some of the rest of you.

Amen to that Miss Kianna. We all have different personalities and different views. It's what makes us individuals. It seems a bit silly that we feel forced to categorically state what should be obvious.

Well said...

I would add that the same is true for friendships on the forum. I have developed relationships with people on the forum, both male and female, based on similar ideas, likes, dislikes, etc, but that doesn't mean that we think alike.

I don't always post on the forum because I'm not always sure something I might say will add to the progression of a discussion. What I will say is that I'd like to be considered an individual, not because I don't feel part of the group of women on the forum, but because I am unique, just like each of you. I feel an affinity toward the women on the forum, but I do for the men as well.

I know there are some of you men that would be offended by being lumped together with some of the rest of you.

Like chafu I live on an island far from the continental USA. It's difficult to picture a lump I might share in real life with any of the other boys on this forum. But just as people are easy to categorize collectively (the bully lump, the immoral lump, the bitter old queen lump, the male or the female lump, the gungho kids who decorate the high school gym for the dance but neither go out for sports nor dance lump, the intellectual lump, the dinosaur lump) just so are they pretty easy to identify for their individual traits. Personal psychological profiling on the basis of the comments people put up on this forum is probably pretty hit and miss at best, but some of the forumites I correspond with on a regular basis are incredibly perspicacious in their insights. No one who posts here habitually should have the least fear that she or he is being lumped in any way by me. You are all discrete and easily identifiable personalities, each with your foibles, strengths and weaknesses out there for all of us to admire. Personally speaking, ninety-five percent of my admiration, sarcasm, praise, irony or disgust is in PMs, and maybe only in the case of carking (who gnashes his teeth and does this jiggly war dance every time I open my mouth) have I, in the past, allowed a little of the remaining 5% to show. But I don't do that any more. It's mostly about apologies now.

Posting in red or blue colored type makes it almost impossibe to read (at least for older eyes)

I am not sure what you consider old Silvercamel, but AMEN Brother!!
The worst part is, the poster gets to see what it looks like so why the need for the whole post to be in color?? Use color to accentuate your point, or at the very least use a color that is easy on the eyes if you expect people to read it!! :001_tt2:

The more things change, the more they remain the same!

While I have a life outside of Broke Straight Boys and the Forum, I do enjoy coming in and reading all your posts, and I gotta say I laugh when I hear all this talk about the "New Forum"
There is nothing new about this forum. It is still the same tired old movie with a bunch of new players acting out the parts. The PC Police are still alive and well, except now they go by different names, but they still aim to stifle the thoughts and opinions of anyone that does not conform to what they have determined to be right, although maybe not as eloquently as in the past. You still have management crying foul and at the same time giving credence to some inane post that was best ignored to begin with. You still have the same old middle of the road, don't rock the boat posters who can't or won't take a stand on anything for fear of upsetting someone, and the list goes on and on and on.

So go on thinking this is a "New" and "Improved" forum, but you are only fooling yourselves. You can tread lightly all you want, but sooner or later you're going to step on crap, then things will get interesting again.

If I pissed anybody off.......oh well. -Jason

Hey silver, there was a time I too tried to read colored text on non-complementary background color, until I discovered I could highlight the colored text and it became quite readable... that recommendation is offered for mikeyank, castrol, and jasonaz as well :)

oops, deleted the explanatory response as well as the duplicate...
I meant to clarify "highlight"--click your left-mouse button (or keyboard equivalent) and move the cursor to a different location so as to highlight the offending text...the highlighted text is then easy to read. :p

oops, deleted the explanatory response as well as the duplicate...
I meant to clarify "highlight"--click your left-mouse button (or keyboard equivalent) and move the cursor to a different location so as to highlight the offending text...the highlighted text is then easy to read. :p

Thanks for the tip K - it works great! I guess that's why they pay you the big bucks!! lol :lol:

-J

While I have a life outside of Broke Straight Boys and the Forum, I do enjoy coming in and reading all your posts, and I gotta say I laugh when I hear all this talk about the "New Forum"
There is nothing new about this forum. It is still the same tired old movie with a bunch of new players acting out the parts. The PC Police are still alive and well, except now they go by different names, but they still aim to stifle the thoughts and opinions of anyone that does not conform to what they have determined to be right, although maybe not as eloquently as in the past. You still have management crying foul and at the same time giving credence to some inane post that was best ignored to begin with. You still have the same old middle of the road, don't rock the boat posters who can't or won't take a stand on anything for fear of upsetting someone, and the list goes on and on and on.

So go on thinking this is a "New" and "Improved" forum, but you are only fooling yourselves. You can tread lightly all you want, but sooner or later you're going to step on crap, then things will get interesting again.

Can't argue with any of that...

Jason my friend, you have summed up the current "state of the forum" to a tee. You are quite a perceptive young man. The only point that I differ with you on is saying that folks have called the current incarnation of the forum to be a "New" and "Improved" forum, "New" Yes to an extent, but "Improved", uh uh, No, not improved at all. :mad:

Jason my friend, you have summed up the current "state of the forum" to a tee. You are quite a perceptive young man. The only point that I differ with you on is saying that folks have called the current incarnation of the forum to be a "New" and "Improved" forum, "New" Yes to an extent, but "Improved", uh uh, No, not improved at all. :mad:

It's not new so it is therefore not improved. We cannot pick and choose who is on the forum or what they choose to say. If you like someone and wish to chat, then do so either within the forum walls or via pm. If you don't like them, then put them on ignore. Simple as.

Hey silver, there was a time I too tried to read colored text on non-complementary background color, until I discovered I could highlight the colored text and it became quite readable... that recommendation is offered for mikeyank, castrol, and jasonaz as well :)

thanks...that works

Psssst ! I don't want to start rumors but: Are they revamping the "Studio" again. And . . . did David Quit? Shhhhh! Don't spred this around . . .:blink:
I accidentally found this old thread again today, and wow does it now have a whole new meaning, in light of the information that David & Mark have given us in the last few weeks.

At the time that Rapper posted this, it was met with anger and threats by management for posting untrue, unfounded accusations.

I don't know if Rapper had some inside info or if it was just coincidence, but I do look at this "mini controversy" in a whole new light now. If Rapper is still around, perhaps he deserves an apology.

I accidentally found this old thread again today, and wow does it now have a whole new meaning, in light of the information that David & Mark have given us in the last few weeks.

At the time that Rapper posted this, it was met with anger and threats by management for posting untrue, unfounded accusations.

I don't know if Rapper had some inside info or if it was just coincidence, but I do look at this "mini controversy" in a whole new light now. If Rapper is still around, perhaps he deserves an apology.

Question... I mean no ill will or animosity... but what was the purpose of bumping this? No apology should be needed as it seems the decision was a recent one. I see no use in digging up this dead dog to beat it again. $0.02