• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

"Profound, Gamechanging Questions That Have Needed Answers for Decades".

It certainly is a reasonable argument. Even as a former servicemember myself, I still feel obligated to disagre. The military is the root of many stories heard throughout churches across the country hosting AA meetings. All branches of the armed forces of every nation create a large number of heavy drinkers.

There is a great need to regulate drinking and enforcing the standard acceptable age universally. Granted the law doesnt fully prevent everyone from drinking as we have all drank underage. However its certainly done its part. Thinking back to when I was 18 I thought I knew it all. When I was 21 I had learned so much more and was now certain I knew it all. Several years later Ive learned considerably more and realize perhaps I dont know it all.

Imagine freely exposing such availability to even younger people, how many more would drink and how many more isues would arrise. The potential to conceive life long lasting problems and dependancies in people who at that stage of life should have as little distraction as possible while they plan for their future and persue a higher education.

Sorry, off topic yet again, but...

In Australia once you turn 18 you're considered to be a legal adult and all restriction are off. The interesting question is, does the lower age limit on drinking mean more alcohol related problem in young people, or is it a better choice because the majority of alcohol consumption it's done in the open and can be policed? I'd be very interested in comparing statistics, only I'm not that clever...

Welcome H4C!

And since we've been talking underwear so much lately.........

Why do superheros wear their underwear on the outside of their clothes?

and

Do bald people get Dandruff?

I believe that dandruff is caused by a dry scalp and not the hair ... could be wrong though

i remember a time before the legal age to vote was lowered to 18.
the argument was if you were old enough to fight for your country and to drive a car (and drink in states like new york) you should be old enough to vote.
federal constitution was amended to let 18 year old vote.
then federal regs were imposed on the states to raise the drinking age to 21 or the states would lose highway funding. now you can be old enough to vote, drive and fight, but too young to drink.
i still find that to be strange.

Sorry, off topic yet again, but...

In Australia once you turn 18 you're considered to be a legal adult and all restriction are off. The interesting question is, does the lower age limit on drinking mean more alcohol related problem in young people, or is it a better choice because the majority of alcohol consumption it's done in the open and can be policed? I'd be very interested in comparing statistics, only I'm not that clever...

I was read a study theorizing that by lowering the drinking age you can introduce alochol earlier allowing for the opportunity to teach kids how to be more responsible. Not sure but I believe the model was France and how they drink wine at young ages. I think it was france anyway

supersounds.jpg

Took this pic at Superhero Revolution in Chicago during Market Days

Well,

If people get a little more LOVE, they need a little less liquor. That's the truth.

"A" XOXOXOXOXO

It certainly is a reasonable argument. Even as a former servicemember myself, I still feel obligated to disagre. The military is the root of many stories heard throughout churches across the country hosting AA meetings. All branches of the armed forces of every nation create a large number of heavy drinkers.

There is a great need to regulate drinking and enforcing the standard acceptable age universally. Granted the law doesnt fully prevent everyone from drinking as we have all drank underage. However its certainly done its part. Thinking back to when I was 18 I thought I knew it all. When I was 21 I had learned so much more and was now certain I knew it all. Several years later Ive learned considerably more and realize perhaps I dont know it all.

Imagine freely exposing such availability to even younger people, how many more would drink and how many more isues would arrise. The potential to conceive life long lasting problems and dependancies in people who at that stage of life should have as little distraction as possible while they plan for their future and persue a higher education.

Well we will have to disagree once more. Maybe it's a cultural thing but by prohibiting alcohol via age laws only makes those they prohibit break the law. Alcohol is so easily available in the uk that any intention to prohibit the stuff is futile. And look what happened in the US and is probably still happening in some states - where they are making strong liquor in them hills and making people blind drunk because of it's strength.