• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Pride Month 2022

mikeyank

Long time forumite
Reaction score
A71D0A65-63C8-4DED-8AFA-5D372EDF81AC.jpg

Let me be the first to wish my fellow forumites Happy Pride month on this June 1, 2022. There will be an in person Pride March again this year in New York City and across the country after two years of virtual celebrations during the pandemic. I was never a person who marched in the parades, but I loved to attend the after parties on the streets of the West Village and on the piers on the west side, back when I was in my late 20’s and 30’s and boy were those fun days.

And of course my favorite Pride Month was back in 2012 when Broke Straight Boys had a booth at New York Pride and I got to meet and greet Sha, Blake Bennet, Jason Matthews, Denver Grand, and Cole Gartner of College Dudes It was surreal for me to actually be talking with those Broke Straight Boys “stars”. A day I will never forget.

245AF9A8-174B-48FB-A470-BABC92D69377.jpeg

Happy Pride Month!!!!

B96C91FC-3C1E-41A6-96F4-6501EBC16661.jpeg

Happy Pride to everyone.

View attachment 65304

Let me be the first to wish my fellow forumites Happy Pride month on this June 1, 2022. There will be an in person Pride March again this year in New York City and across the country after two years of virtual celebrations during the pandemic. I was never a person who marched in the parades, but I loved to attend the after parties on the streets of the West Village and on the piers on the west side, back when I was in my late 20’s and 30’s and boy were those fun days.

And of course my favorite Pride Month was back in 2012 when Broke Straight Boys had a booth at New York Pride and I got to meet and greet Sha, Blake Bennet, Jason Matthews, Denver Grand, and Cole Gartner of College Dudes It was surreal for me to actually be talking with those Broke Straight Boys “stars”. A day I will never forget.

View attachment 65305

Happy Pride Month!!!!

View attachment 65306

I remember Blake Bennet! He was hot!

Again, I am different. I am not into Pride Day.

If it not for everyone. We used to do a lot of pride events and they were really fun but I would rather but behind a booth haha

I’m forever grateful that you and Sha decided to do the last minute event at New York Pride in 2012. It will be ten years ago this month but it is still a very special memory.

If it not for everyone. We used to do a lot of pride events and they were really fun but I would rather but behind a booth haha

I’m forever grateful that you and Sha decided to do the last minute event at New York Pride in 2012. It will be ten years ago this month but it is still a very special memory.

I concur Mikey. The Pride events I was able to attend where Broke Straight Boys had a booth were among some of my happiest and most joyful experiences of recent pre-Covid memories. I still live in hope that perhaps Broke Straight Boys can bring them back at some point.

I think the larger point is whether we personally participate in a Pride event or not, we should all be so proud of what the LGBT community is and how far we have come from the pre Stonewall days. I went to my first gay bar in the summer of 1970 when home from college during the summer. I had no clue that it was the previous June that gay rights began in Greenwich Village at Stonewall. And how far we have come today fifty-three years later. It is not perfect today but so far better than it was then. Happy Pride everyone!

I think the larger point is whether we personally participate in a Pride event or not, we should all be so proud of what the LGBT community is and how far we have come from the pre Stonewall days. I went to my first gay bar in the summer of 1970 when home from college during the summer. I had no clue that it was the previous June that gay rights began in Greenwich Village at Stonewall. And how far we have come today fifty-three years later. It is not perfect today but so far better than it was then. Happy Pride everyone!

Well said!

One bit of happy news for the Pride month of June this year is Rebel Wilson announcing that she is happily in a new relationship.

Rebel is dating Ramona Agruma. All my best to both of them. :)

Rebel Wilson.jpeg

The national monument for the historic Stonewall Inn will open a visitor center next year

C12C7D84-A716-49F2-8954-BDCA27CCAF57.jpeg

Rainbow flags and sculptures are seen at the Stonewall National Monument in New York City.
(CNN)A visitor center will open next to the iconic Stonewall Inn to honor and preserve the history of the fight for LGBTQ rights, the nonprofit Pride Live announced on Tuesday.

The nearly 3,700 square feet center in New York City is expected to open in the summer of 2024 after a groundbreaking ceremony is held on Friday, according to Pride Live, the LGBTQ advocacy group that will co-manage it with the National Parks Service.
"The opening of the Stonewall National Monument Visitor Center is a remarkable moment in the history of Stonewall," said Ann Marie Gothard, board president of Pride Live. "We honor all those who came before us, most especially the queer people fighting for equality at the Stonewall Rebellion."

———————————————————————————————————————

I think this is great news for New York City, right where gay rights began back in the summer of 1969. I’ve said this before, but I was totally unaware of the Stonewall Riot when it happened in 1969. I had finished my Freshmen year in college and was home for the summer, but I’d never been to a gay bar and didn’t even know it was illegal. I vaguely remember hearing on the news about it but did pay much attention to it all. I knew I was homosexual and liked to fool around with guys but gay rights was the last thing on my mind.

Even the New York Daily News which today is a tabloid of the progressive side of things covered the event derisively with the headline, “Homo Nest Raided, Queen Bees Stinging Mad”.

332720CD-355A-4200-88C3-8B8A9AA66970.jpeg

Years later, the current editorial board vehemently apologized. But we’ve come a long way since 1969, and I think it is great that there will be a permanent monument and a visitor center right there.

Today is the official Pride Day in New York City, where gay liberation and Pride celebrations began in 1970 with the first march and parade.

E48DB7ED-F5EA-4F4B-83B9-624362CC851E.jpg

56CEAAE0-A166-4880-A42B-F3F0934444F3.jpg

I don’t go down to the Village anymore for the after parties on Christopher Street and on the piers along the Hudson River as I did back in my younger days. I had some fun afternoons and evenings back then. But I still wish everyone Happy Pride wherever you live and however you celebrate. And today with the current Supreme Court, we may have a fight on our hands all over again!