• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Ponderings for April 16th 2022

Today I am pondering about, “Where is Chac”?, the creator of this thread. I miss you buddy. Hoping all is well. You are such a breath of fresh air on this forum, with your great introspective posts about your life, your interests, television shows, websites and you’ve turned me on to so many fine musical acts and songs I hadn’t known about. I hope all is good with you and I will see you posting again soon! :smile:

Awww... I've been on a bit of a break from posting (across all of the few websites I do frequent). I haven't felt the greatest the last week, I was checking in every now and then, but not posting (and apparently missing a heated discussion on another thread 😬).

I had my second bivalent covid booster shot and it kicked my ass hard. It was Moderna shot, never again lol 😫 Pfizer was so much better for side effects last time.

But beyond that, I've been OK. Just waiting for a bit warmer weather.

Awww... I've been on a bit of a break from posting (across all of the few websites I do frequent). I haven't felt the greatest the last week, I was checking in every now and then, but not posting (and apparently missing a heated discussion on another thread 😬).

I had my second bivalent covid booster shot and it kicked my ass hard. It was Moderna shot, never again lol 😫 Pfizer was so much better for side effects last time.

But beyond that, I've been OK. Just waiting for a bit warmer weather.

As long as I know you are still here and doing okay, that is fine. :thumbup:

Somehow my project for my part time job has extended into another 35 hour week, but today was a day off and back to DUMBO and Brooklyn Bridge Park on a lovely summer like spring day in NewYork City.

IMG_3733.jpeg

IMG_3731.jpeg

Looks like Mike's at it again, taking pictures of bent over shirtless guys 🤭😏

A BIG added benefit to summer or summer like days are all the shirtless guys seen out and about. I know you like music Chac, so here’s the late great Nat King Cole with an ode to summer!

Today is a perfect spring morning and as I went out for my morning paper and to pick up a few things at the deli, I decided to walk another block down to the Brooklyn Heights Promenade. I say it all the time, but how fortunate I am in live in a “small town feeling community”, and to be just a few minutes outside of Manhattan. A Staten Island Ferry was docking at The Battery and I took a few other pics from The Promenade this morning. I’m feeling really good on a beautiful day! :sun:

IMG_3742.jpeg
IMG_3744.jpeg
IMG_3743.jpeg
IMG_3747.jpeg

My ponderings are around that gay boy that was brutally attacked. I'm so pissed off and raging angry right now.

Certain members of leadership are doing everything in their power to take rights away, encouraging hate and discrimination. I'm just so fucking fed up. I rarely watch live TV anymore because if I see one more Trump or DeSantis political bullshit ad I'm going to go off the deep end.

Where does this end?

My ponderings are around that gay boy that was brutally attacked. I'm so pissed off and raging angry right now.

Certain members of leadership are doing everything in their power to take rights away, encouraging hate and discrimination. I'm just so fucking fed up. I rarely watch live TV anymore because if I see one more Trump or DeSantis political bullshit ad I'm going to go off the deep end.

Where does this end?

You are right Chac. We are going backwards in obtaing and maintaining basic liberties in America today. I can tell you as someone older than yourself, that things are looking darker and more repressive due to politicians like the two you mentioned. These are very sad and dangerous times we are living in today.

You are right Chac. We are going backwards in obtaing and maintaining basic liberties in America today. I can tell you as someone older than yourself, that things are looking darker and more repressive due to politicians like the two you mentioned. These are very sad and dangerous times we are living in today.

Honestly, some bits and pieces are slightly reminiscent of two certain dictatorships (one Soviet and the other German) in the 1930s and 1940s. We are forgetting our history folks, and as the saying goes those who do are doomed to repeat it. {SMH}

Honestly, some bits and pieces are slightly reminiscent of two certain dictatorships (one Soviet and the other German) in the 1930s and 1940s. We are forgetting our history folks, and as the saying goes those who do are doomed to repeat it. {SMH}

You speak the truth my brother!

Ok, who else is tired of all the tree jizz??? God I'd love to have a day where I'm not sneezing and wanting to scratch my eyes out, the pollen is bad here 😫🤣🤣

Ok, who else is tired of all the tree jizz??? God I'd love to have a day where I'm not sneezing and wanting to scratch my eyes out, the pollen is bad here 😫🤣🤣

That’s a funny term Chac, “tree jizz”. Why take something so beautiful like “jizz”, and associate it with something so bad? lol 😂😝😄

After close to five months of working extra days, this week I returned to my semi-retired life of working two days a week. While the extra money was nice and the satisfaction I received that my employers valued my expertise, it is great to be back to a much more leisurely schedule and today I was able to enjoy a 68 degree beautiful spring day here in my neighborhood enjoying the weather, the nature and the architecture along The Promenade.

IMG_3749.jpeg
IMG_3751.jpeg

This morning as we approach the first holiday weekend of the summer of 2023, I am pondering about a neighbor and friend of mine from the past. She was attending The Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism and was roommates with my childhood buddy David, living just down the street from me in my Early years of living on my own after college.

I recall a weekend such as this one, although it may have been July Fourth or perhaps Labor Day, but as the people scurried away to their summer homes in The Mountains, The Jersey Shore, Fire Island and The Hamptons, she called their pilgrimage, “The Great American Weekend”. She subsequently became an accomplished journalist in Australia. And now every time I see the early get-a-ways such as today, the Wednesday before the big holiday weekend, I think of her term and how accurate it is. There is a different energy in the air as folks begin their day, and the chatter among neighbors is about their plans for the weekend.

I will remain at home for the weekend, hopefully getting to spend some time outdoors and watching a bunch of Yankee games, as I do in the spring and summer. Whatever you folks do, I hope you enjoy, your “Great American Weekend”. :sun:

I got nothing to ponder tonight, and I don't want to crossover to pontificating 😁 so I'll leave you all with a stupid and silly poem:

Roses are red, violets are blue, I ❤️ all of you 🙃

I got nothing to ponder tonight, and I don't want to crossover to pontificating 😁 so I'll leave you all with a stupid and silly poem:

Roses are red, violets are blue, I ❤️ all of you 🙃

Today I am pondering on Chac, and what a sweet wonderful guy that you are. You are a “throwback” forumite. I feel blessed to have you here my friend. And as an added bonus, Max also dropped in yesterday to say hello. As I’ve said so many times that when this forum is at it’s best, it is an on-line version of the old TV show, Cheers!

IMG_1852.jpeg
IMG_1851.jpeg

Today I am pondering on Chac, and what a sweet wonderful guy that you are. You are a “throwback” forumite. I feel blessed to have you here my friend. And as an added bonus, Max also dropped in yesterday to say hello. As I’ve said so many times that when this forum is at it’s best, it is an on-line version of the old TV show, Cheers!

View attachment 137330View attachment 137331

Slide me over a Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi with a twist of lime, and I'll chat at the bar with all y'all for a few pints. I unfortunately cannot drink anymore, the liver went wonky due to my weight and I have non-alcoholic steatohepatitis, god do I miss a few fingers of some nice Irish whiskey or some Irish cream in a hot cocoa 😋

I used to watch Cheers ages ago, and Frasier too. I'm hearing rumors that a reboot of Frasier just wrapped up filming so I'm excited for that!

Today was a spectacular spring day. Perhaps a perfect ten. I spent several hours wandering through Brooklyn Bridge Park, with an entrance less than a ten minute walk from my apartment. I was pondering how when I moved here, there was no park or even a hint that the largely abandoned warehouse district would ever become one of the loveliest parks in New York City, an entirely man made park out of the waterfront district and the former piers. Once again, I am very fortunate to live where I live. It wasn’t a plan that I had but rather very good fortune. Here are some pics I took this afternoon.

IMG_3764.jpeg
IMG_3762.jpeg
IMG_3755.jpeg
IMG_3791.jpeg
IMG_3786.jpeg

IMG_3790.jpeg

And yes Chac, I did find myself at the Beach Volleyball Pier, the soccer field, and the sports pier with the basketball courts, admiring the “athleticism“ of some of the young men playing while I admired. :wink:

IMG_3758.jpeg
IMG_3759.jpeg
IMG_3766.jpeg

IMG_3753.jpeg