• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Politics Discussion

Lindy Li
@lindyli

Nov 27
The staffer in charge of the optics of this tiny Resolute Desk must be a secret resister

His makeup artist has clearly always been one of us

#DiaperDon
EnzyqMWW8AMRTAU.jpg

Snoopsrulez2
@snoopsrulez2

Nov 27
Replying to
@lindyli

#DiaperDon with his tiny hands sitting at his tiny desk acting like a tiny baby.

Last edited:
From source: https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-declares-twitter-national-security-104838289.html

The Independent

Trump declares Twitter national security threat after #DiaperDon trends following meltdown at miniature table

Tom Embury-Dennis

Fri, November 27, 2020, 5:48 AM EST

Donald Trump has angrily declared Twitter a national security threat after #DiaperDon went viral following a news conference in which he repeatedly complained about perceived injustices.

“Twitter is sending out totally false ‘Trends’ that have absolutely nothing to do with what is really trending in the world. They make it up, and only negative ‘stuff’,” the US president tweeted in the early hours of Friday morning.

Mr Trump did not say which trending topic upset him, but shortly after Thursday’s press briefing, which saw him furiously assail a reporter from behind a surprisingly small desk, the hashtag #DiaperDon surged to the top of Twitter’s trending list in the US and UK.

“For purposes of National Security, Section 230 must be immediately terminated!!!” Mr Trump added, in reference to part of a 1996 law which protects websites from lawsuits over content posted by users. Any changes to these protections would fundamentally change how the internet works.

MeidasTouch, an anti-Trump political action committee, took credit for the initial use of the hashtag on Friday morning after they used it alongside a close-up image of Mr Trump sitting at his desk.

Star Wars star Mark Hamill later tweeted: “Maybe if you behave yourself, stop lying to undermine a fair election & start thinking of what's good for the country instead of whining about how unfairly you are treated, you'll be invited to sit at the big boy's table #DiaperDon”

From source: https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-declares-twitter-national-security-104838289.html

The Independent

Trump declares Twitter national security threat after #DiaperDon trends following meltdown at miniature table

Tom Embury-Dennis

Fri, November 27, 2020, 5:48 AM EST

Donald Trump has angrily declared Twitter a national security threat after #DiaperDon went viral following a news conference in which he repeatedly complained about perceived injustices.

“Twitter is sending out totally false ‘Trends’ that have absolutely nothing to do with what is really trending in the world. They make it up, and only negative ‘stuff’,” the US president tweeted in the early hours of Friday morning.

Mr Trump did not say which trending topic upset him, but shortly after Thursday’s press briefing, which saw him furiously assail a reporter from behind a surprisingly small desk, the hashtag #DiaperDon surged to the top of Twitter’s trending list in the US and UK.

“For purposes of National Security, Section 230 must be immediately terminated!!!” Mr Trump added, in reference to part of a 1996 law which protects websites from lawsuits over content posted by users. Any changes to these protections would fundamentally change how the internet works.

MeidasTouch, an anti-Trump political action committee, took credit for the initial use of the hashtag on Friday morning after they used it alongside a close-up image of Mr Trump sitting at his desk.

Star Wars star Mark Hamill later tweeted: “Maybe if you behave yourself, stop lying to undermine a fair election & start thinking of what's good for the country instead of whining about how unfairly you are treated, you'll be invited to sit at the big boy's table #DiaperDon”

Love it. Right up there with the baby Trump balloon and the butter statues with the little dick! I sure hope he can be completely turned into a laughing stock to counter his post presidency plans.

969397D8-DC57-413F-8890-5C1F7F723EF1.jpg

Any thoughts on this? Obviously it will never pass in the senate.

View attachment 24942

Any thoughts on this? Obviously it will never pass in the senate.
When I graduated from college in 1972, I figured it would take another ten years for it to happen, not 48. But ultimately this is a state’s issue and it is becoming legal in more and states each year. This year neighboring New Jersey voted to legalize it, so it is more symbolic for a federal law to be passed on decriminalization. However my overall response is, “What took so long?” :001_rolleyes:

It is important that the federal government decriminalizes it because even though it’s legal in certain states the federal government could still prosecute. They typically don’t but they can. Legal businesses that sell pot can not use the federal banking system making it an all cash business which is dangerous and inconvenient so it is actually pretty important that the federal laws get changed as well.

What a shocker in the news today, "Rudy Giuliani test-positive for COVID ..." Just because he has been running around the country from city to city never wearing a mask........Who would have thought it would happen? lol

images

All I can say is....HA FUCKING HA! Supreme Court denies Texas lawsuit

All I can say is....HA FUCKING HA! Supreme Court denies Texas lawsuit
And the biggest part of the "HA FUCKING HA" to me is that his three appointees, Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh and his last minute rush job to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Amy Coney Barrett all voted against hearing the case. I can only imagine the steam coming out of his phony orange head tonight behind closed doors! :banana-wave:

It appears our democracy is safe once again, unless he still has a few last dirty tricks up his sleeve before he packs up and leaves.

And the biggest part of the "HA FUCKING HA" to me is that his three appointees, Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh and his last minute rush job to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Amy Coney Barrett all voted against hearing the case. I can only imagine the steam coming out of his phony orange head tonight behind closed doors! :banana-wave:

It appears our democracy is safe once again, unless he still has a few last dirty tricks up his sleeve before he packs up and leaves.

Yeah.

If we're lucky maybe the door really will hit him in the a** on the way out. haha

This latest bit making the news is opinions by member of Congress, Rep. Bill Pascrell (D-N.J.)

************************************************************************************

Bill Pascrell, Jr.
@BillPascrell

Today I’m calling on House leaders to refuse to seat any Members trying to overturn the election and make donald trump an unelected dictator.

2:39 PM · Dec 11, 2020·

Bill Pascrell, Jr.
@BillPascrell
17h

Section 3 of the 14th Amendment was written after the Civil War to bar from government any traitors who would seek to destroy the Union.

My letter to House leadership today demands that 126 Republicans (and counting) are violating the Constitution.

Bill Pascrell, Jr.
@BillPascrell
17h

The text of the 14th Amendment expressly forbids Members of Congress from engaging in rebellion against the United States. Trying to overturn a democratic election and install a dictator seems like a pretty clear example of that.

political.jpg

political2.jpg

We'll see where that goes. My guess is that this event of the "Hail Mary Pass" to get the Supreme Court to overturn an entire election victory (won in not just one, but several different states) will be recorded in the historical record much more in line with Rep Pascrell's narrative.

I'm reminded of a Turkish professor who was on the news lately trying to make this very point. Turkey has been no stranger to coups throughout its history. The point that she was making was that just because this coup attempt by Trump and Republicans has been very incompetently led and executed...by very petty people who are either mental midgets or merely craven self-promoting opportunists looking to make a buck and a name for themselves... The fact that just because this particular attempt at overturning an election result has a quasi-scripted reality tv show/sitcom quality to it, with laughably juvenile characters of grown adults with college degrees making absolute fools of themselves... And displaying a Keystone Cops level of brainpower being put behind it...does not and should not negate the deadly seriousness of what they are/were trying to do. They wanted a coup that would keep an aspiring dictator in power.

They should be held accountable for this attempted assault on the Constitution and the democratic will of the voters.

If we laugh this one off and let it slide merely because of its lack of success, we merely open the door to future presidents (and political parties) who will be much smarter and more cunning than Trump ever was. And they will not make stupid mistakes when they try to foment a coup or overturn an election result they disagree with. The precedents we set right now after our first American experience with a dictator/autocrat/oligarch are going to be very consequential and long-lasting. We must be very careful in how we enact laws going forward to prevent future abuses of the Constitution, the legal system and the electoral process for such nefarious purposes.

Last edited:
Let's take a step back and compare the commitment to democracy of the last two Electoral College losers. In 2016, Hillary Clinton, who won the popular vote by @ 3,000,000 votes but lost 306 votes in the Electoral College, declared her commitment to democracy and conceded on Election night itself. Compare that to 2020, when Donald Trump, who lost the popular vote by over 7,000,000 votes and also lost 306 votes in the Electoral College, did what he did and is still doing. So in terms of honoring the rules, commitment to democracy and being a manly loser, Hillary Clinton is the far better man in comparison to toddler behaving Trump.

Let's take a step back and compare the commitment to democracy of the last two Electoral College losers. In 2016, Hillary Clinton, who won the popular vote by @ 3,000,000 votes but lost 306 votes in the Electoral College, declared her commitment to democracy and conceded on Election night itself.

To be factually correct I believe she waited until the following morning after election night. I could be wrong on that one. But I'm pretty sure it was the following morning and still less than 24 hours after the election. But your points are correct in the comparisons of behavior.

I was just talking about Hillary to Mikeyank yesterday. It’s just mystifying why she is so hated and maligned. One of the smartest and most prepared people to ever run for the presidency and they chose a multiple failed businessman reality tv star. Really America, I guess they got what they wanted but what a wholesale disaster it has been. We won’t ever recover completely from this fiasco.

The glue that holds us together is our mutual respect for the constitution.
Everyone who enters into public service takes an oath to protect and defend it from all enemies foreign and domestic.
If don't demand our public servants.
live up to the terms of their engagement. We will have to find someone who can. You violate the terms of your contract, it can be voided.