• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Politics Discussion

Yes Tampa, New York will take him back one way and that is if he is convicted of tax evasion and in the multiple other cases he and his cronies are being investigated for here in New York State. Lock him up. lol

Yeah. That's the ticket. Some prime New York real estate he can retire in. Maybe a 12x12 piece of property. With neighbors very close by who want to get all up in his business. And no gold plated toilets. haha :p

Yeah. That's the ticket. Some prime New York real estate he can retire in. Maybe a 12x12 piece of property. With neighbors very close by who want to get all up in his business. And no gold plated toilets. haha :p

Amen to that! I want to see him taken out of the White House in handcuffs but it’s more likely Mar A Lago. The real problem will be if he moves to Moscow and sets up a Fox News type propaganda machine. I can’t imagine anyone listening but there are evidently a great many idiot Trump fanatics who would probably eat it up. I often wonder what would Regan think of this republican footsie with Putin.

I am hopeful. But I am by no means setting up my expectations too high. I got so burned and surprised in 2016. I won't let that happen again. I'll just say a few prayers and see how this plays out. We'll no doubt have weeks to talk about the outrages of the day that Trump will throw up between now and New Years.

Well, here we are, kids. It is election day and everyone under the sun is making predictions of what the final outcome shall be. I have voted and done all I can to support my preferred candidates which should be obvious to anyone who has followed my previous comments on this board. Strangely or perhaps not so strange, I have always been one of those people who once he has done all he can to affect a situation, calms down and waits for the outcome. It has been a strange four years and many things have happened which had I been asked about them five years ago I would have laughed and said, "no not here".

May this day see Trump fired and his ardent followers accept that fact in a peaceful manner. May Trump accept his defeat, if not with grace and dignity, at least with acceptance in a short concession speech before running and hiding from view. May Biden and Harris hit the ground running with a Democratic House and Senate, making this country, once again, the shining beacon of freedom it has been in its better moments in the past.

I will see you all on the other side.

Well, here we are, kids. It is election day and everyone under the sun is making predictions of what the final outcome shall be. I have voted and done all I can to support my preferred candidates which should be obvious to anyone who has followed my previous comments on this board. Strangely or perhaps not so strange, I have always been one of those people who once he has done all he can to affect a situation, calms down and waits for the outcome. It has been a strange four years and many things have happened which had I been asked about them five years ago I would have laughed and said, "no not here".

May this day see Trump fired and his ardent followers accept that fact in a peaceful manner. May Trump accept his defeat, if not with grace and dignity, at least with acceptance in a short concession speech before running and hiding from view. May Biden and Harris hit the ground running with a Democratic House and Senate, making this country, once again, the shining beacon of freedom it has been in its better moments in the past.

Beautifully stated juanjo. May it be so!

Amen!

I'm actually fairly calm today myself. I'm even gonna try to squeeze in a nap soon in case I want to stay up later into some of the early morning hours. I still consider the election to be almost a day away from now. Because in races that are expected to be really close we rarely start to know any solid info much before 11:00 or so. In fact we've already been warned that some of these races could go on for days, weeks or longer.

An exception to that could be Florida. Florida is allowed to count mail-in ballots way ahead of time. It will also not be allowed to count any mail in ballots that arrive after today. I'm not thrilled about that given the willful and intentional slowdown of the mail service. But it can't be changed at this point.

It will still have to count military ballots that arrive after today from Florida service members stationed and serving in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria (Shhh..), South Korea, Europe, etc. But if the margin of victory is already higher than the total number of outstanding military ballots yet to be received... If not extremely close, then the race could be called much earlier. Even before all the military votes are counted and added to the official total for the historical record. Perhaps tonight?

I would love to see Florida go blue. If I'm honest though, beyond the very tolerant pro-gay and liberal area I live in in Florida, my feel on the ground is that I still see Florida going for Trump again. I hope I'm wrong. Maybe very wrong. haha

The results on election night did not turn out as I had hoped but it is certainly not over. As of right now at 8:50 AM on November 4th, Biden is winning 227-213. And despite what Trump says ALL the votes must be counted. There is no rush. The electors present the results of the election to Congress on January 6th of next year to certify the results of the election. And let him take it to the Supreme Court to contest the counting of the votes. All his conservative right wing judges say that they are constitutional originalists and so they must defend the law according to the constitution. God Bless America!

Correction, 224-213.

Last edited:
The results on election night did not turn out as I had hoped but it is certainly not over. As of right now at 8:50 AM on November 4th, Biden is winning 227-213. And despite what Trump says ALL the votes must be counted. There is no rush. The electors present the results of the election to Congress on January 6th of next year to certify the results of the election. And let him take it to the Supreme Court to contest the counting of the votes. All his conservative right wing judges say that they are constitutional originalists and so they must defend the law according to the constitution. God Bless America!

Correction, 224-213.

Biden was just declared the official winner of Wisconsin and has taken the lead in Michigan with mainly pro Biden absentee ballots remaining to be counted so his Michigan lead should substantially increase. If he holds his lead in Nevada and takes Michigan, it is over and we shall have President-elect Biden. Overlooked last night was Biden's win in Arizona and taking that single electoral vote in the Omaha congressional district of Nebraska. That may make Pennsylvania unnecessary although when all votes are counted I predict that Biden will win it as well. Biden's blue wave faltered in the South, succeeded in the Southwest and just barely restored the Democratic blue wall in the Midwest.

Biden was just declared the official winner of Wisconsin and has taken the lead in Michigan with mainly pro Biden absentee ballots remaining to be counted so his Michigan lead should substantially increase. If he holds his lead in Nevada and takes Michigan, it is over and we shall have President-elect Biden. Overlooked last night was Biden's win in Arizona and taking that single electoral vote in the Omaha congressional district of Nebraska. That may make Pennsylvania unnecessary although when all votes are counted I predict that Biden will win it as well. Biden's blue wave faltered in the South, succeeded in the Southwest and just barely restored the Democratic blue wall in the Midwest.

P.S. NBC News has just projected Biden as the winner of Michigan and the apparent winner of Wisconsin.

P.S. NBC News has just projected Biden as the winner of Michigan and the apparent winner of Wisconsin.

The results on election night did not turn out as I had hoped but it is certainly not over. As of right now at 8:50 AM on November 4th, Biden is winning 227-213. And despite what Trump says ALL the votes must be counted. There is no rush. The electors present the results of the election to Congress on January 6th of next year to certify the results of the election. And let him take it to the Supreme Court to contest the counting of the votes. All his conservative right-wing judges say that they are constitutional originalists and so they must defend the law according to the constitution. God Bless America!

Correction, 224-213.

Greeting to all and may you be safe in the days to come. As I write this we are waiting on the results in Nevada, Arizona, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Georgia. Biden is ahead in Nevada but by a slight margin of 11,000 votes [up from 8,000] and he is ahead in Arizona by a larger margin of 68,000 +/- votes. In both those states, the remaining ballots to be counted are mail-in ballots either mailed in prior to election day or which were dropped off at the polls on election day. They are also from the major population centers in both states, which as is common in virtually all the country, means that they tend to be Democrats in those locations. The general assumption is that the majority of those votes will be Democratic votes given the locations, as well as, more Democrats voted early by mail-in than Republicans did. I suspect that while the margin may shrink somewhat in Arizona, Biden will win by a large enough bloc of votes as to make a recount useless for Trump. Nevada is a much smaller margin and that makes me nervous. However, if the remaining votes follow the same pattern as the earlier mail-in votes then Biden should win.

Pennsylvania is also a state where the remaining votes are all mail-in and from the counties populated by a large portion of the Democrats in that state. The break on those ballots thus far has been 60% to 80% for Biden, depending on the county. That bodes well for Biden. Trump, of course, has unleashed the Hounds of Hell, aka attorneys, on the state to stop the vote count while screaming fraud. He has Giuliani leading this brigade but I doubt Giuliani is actually called the shots. He is more along as a sideshow while the serious lawyers do the wet-work. The distance between the two is 115,000 votes which is a large number but there are still a significant number of votes that need to be counted in Philadelphia and the surrounding counties which are breaking for Biden by a high percentage.

Trump has no evidence of fraud to actually rely upon, simply his nonsense about ballots being delivered after Tuesday. That said he has succeeded in stopping the vote in Allegheny county temporarily where around 30 to 40,000 ballots remain to be counted. There is supposed to be a decision there by tomorrow. Trump has to win Pennsylvania in order to win the election.

Georgia is surprising me. There are just over 13,000 votes between the two and the remaining votes to be counted are in Atlanta and surrounding counties. Georgia could go for Biden. Trump, of course, is trying to stop the vote count here as well. He is also screaming over Twitter about how the election is being told from him.

And therein lies the serious problem. We have already had groups of Trump supporters, some armed, showing up at the facilities in the states and demanding to be let into the locations. If Trump continues to make baseless allegations, he may very well cause violence by his followers when he loses.

The other issue is that if Biden wins, what will that mean? If the Senate continues to be controlled by the Republicans which seems likely at this point, then they will block everything Biden wishes to do. Then come 2022, they will run candidates to retake the House, pointing out how ineffective Biden and the Democrats have been. Trump's idiot sons are already making noise about how Trump if he loses now, will run again in 2024. The fact is that Biden has likely won but only by the skin of his teeth. This is not a repudiation of Trumpism and the Trumpistas will remain powerful in the Republican Party. The Party will not disavow them and it will continue down this extremely nasty path it is on. That is extremely troublesome for democracy and law & order in this country.

Last edited:
The suspense is killing me. I came home from work on Wednesday mistaking thinking that it was all over after hearing that Biden was declared the winner in Wisconsin and Michigan, but now the remaining counting is like water dripping from a faucet. lol

How%20To%20Fix%20A%20Leaky%20Faucet_Article.jpg

Greeting to all and may you be safe in the days to come. As I write this we are waiting on the results in Nevada, Arizona, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Georgia. Biden is ahead in Nevada but by a slight margin of 11,000 votes [up from 8,000] and he is ahead in Arizona by a larger margin of 68,000 +/- votes. In both those states, the remaining ballots to be counted are mail-in ballots either mailed in prior to election day or which were dropped off at the polls on election day. They are also from the major population centers in both states, which as is common in virtually all the country, means that they tend to be Democrats in those locations. The general assumption is that the majority of those votes will be Democratic votes given the locations, as well as, more Democrats voted early by mail-in than Republicans did. I suspect that while the margin may shrink somewhat in Arizona, Biden will win by a large enough bloc of votes as to make a recount useless for Trump. Nevada is a much smaller margin and that makes me nervous. However, if the remaining votes follow the same pattern as the earlier mail-in votes then Biden should win.

Pennsylvania is also a state where the remaining votes are all mail-in and from the counties populated by a large portion of the Democrats in that state. The break on those ballots thus far has been 60% to 80% for Biden, depending on the county. That bodes well for Biden. Trump, of course, has unleashed the Hounds of Hell, aka attorneys, on the state to stop the vote count while screaming fraud. He has Giuliani leading this brigade but I doubt Giuliani is actually called the shots. He is more along as a sideshow while the serious lawyers do the wet-work. The distance between the two is 115,000 votes which is a large number but there are still a significant number of votes that need to be counted in Philadelphia and the surrounding counties which are breaking for Biden by a high percentage.

Trump has no evidence of fraud to actually rely upon, simply his nonsense about ballots being delivered after Tuesday. That said he has succeeded in stopping the vote in Allegheny county temporarily where around 30 to 40,000 ballots remain to be counted. There is supposed to be a decision there by tomorrow. Trump has to win Pennsylvania in order to win the election.

Georgia is surprising me. There are just over 13,000 votes between the two and the remaining votes to be counted are in Atlanta and surrounding counties. Georgia could go for Biden. Trump, of course, is trying to stop the vote count here as well. He is also screaming over Twitter about how the election is being told from him.

And therein lies the serious problem. We have already had groups of Trump supporters, some armed, showing up at the facilities in the states and demanding to be let into the locations. If Trump continues to make baseless allegations, he may very well cause violence by his followers when he loses.

The other issue is that if Biden wins, what will that mean? If the Senate continues to be controlled by the Republicans which seems likely at this point, then they will block everything Biden wishes to do. Then come 2022, they will run candidates to retake the House, pointing out how ineffective Biden and the Democrats have been. Trump's idiot sons are already making noise about how Trump if he loses now, will run again in 2024. The fact is that Biden has likely won but only by the skin of his teeth. This is not a repudiation of Trumpism and the Trumpistas will remain powerful in the Republican Party. The Party will not disavow them and it will continue down this extremely nasty path it is on. That is extremely troublesome for democracy and law & order in this country.

Good analysis! The fivethirtyeight site is doing live reporting of the Nevada mail ballot count as it is coming in today. Biden's lead is growing and the reminder to be counted is from Biden areas. Because mail votes were vastly preferred by Democrats and distained by Republicans, Biden is even widening his lead from some Republican areas! 538 opines that Nevada is ready to be called for Biden right now, but, because it believes that Arizona was called for him too soon, folks are gun shy to call it until it is clear that Arizona stay with Biden (e.g. because Fox News called Arizona for Biden, if it calls Nevada for Biden, it would be calling the entire election for Biden as together Arizona and Nevada would have Biden hit 270 electoral votes)! They view Pennsylvania as highly likely for Biden and Georgia as close but likely narrowly for Biden. Georgia is also important for control of the Senate as it has two Senate seats up for grabs and there will be a runoff if no one gets over 50% on January 5th due to Georgia state law. The Warmock/Loeffner race is already in the runoff, and today Purdue has just fallen to 49.9% and looks to fall some more. That would put both Senate seats in the January 5th runoff and create the likelihood of no party being in control of the new Senate until after January 5th runoffs as it looks like there will be 50 Republicans, 48 Democrats with possibly two more Democrats to come on January 5th! That would result in Democratic control of the Senate with hopefully Vice President Elect Harris casting the tie breaking vote. Biden could hit 270 electoral votes either today or tomorrow.

Friday afternoon update: Biden's lead increases from 8,000 to 22,000 in Nevada, and Biden is now leading in both Georgia and Pennsylvania. Trump has narrowed Biden's lead in Arizona to 41,000. Biden's popular vote total is now the highest in the history of all American presidents. To give an idea of how high the 2020 turnout is, Trump now has the second highest presidential popular vote in US history. As one Wisconsin Republican said "I think that both parties shocked each other with the size of their turnouts."

As close as we are, it won't feel real for me until they call it and make it official that Trump is a one term president. Tuesday night felt like a nightmare and a repeat of 2016. Even though I had steeled myself for the possibility of his re-election, I was still pissed. Yet I still feel like I can't exhale and feel that relief until one or more states make the final call that puts Biden over the 270 mark.

As close as we are, it won't feel real for me until they call it and make it official that Trump is a one term president. Tuesday night felt like a nightmare and a repeat of 2016. Even though I had steeled myself for the possibility of his re-election, I was still pissed. Yet I still feel like I can't exhale and feel that relief until one or more states make the final call that puts Biden over the 270 mark.

My confidence is at a 5 on a scale of 1-10.

Even though it looks promising, these states are too close to call, and with 95%or more of the vote in. To me that says there is still a possibility to go either way. I’ll relax when it’s a done deal.

There are enough outstanding votes in Arizona [29,857] for Trump to catch up and pass Biden. I have heard the analysis of the Fox guys who called it early and I get their logic but it may be wrong. Likewise, Georgia has a very small lead [4289] and that could disappear as well. Obviously, I hope that Biden carries both those states. Nevada seems to be simply adding more votes for Biden [22,657] as does Pennsylvania [27,130]. I suspect that there is no question that both those states will be called for Biden but there again, the networks are being cautious.

In the meanwhile, Trump has once again demonstrated he has no morals, ethics, or scruples of any type. He simply spouts lies and makes preposterous statements. Apparently, Kushner and Meadows are urging him on in his madness which makes no sense. His claims of corruption are undermining our system of government. This is wrong on so many levels.

I had a discussion with a good friend of mine who is an extreme libertarian. We often debate points of politics, economics, and other things as well between us and are respectful of each other. He, like me, despises Trump. I recently cut off all contact with a mutual friend who spouted an incredible amount of nonsense almost verbatim from the mouth of Trump. My libertarian friend thought I was being a bit extreme. I had to explain that it was not politics. It was a question of morality. Our mutual friend had no opinion on Trump's decision to Cage Kafig small children and not even provide them with basic toiletries or a proper bed, he had no issue with the incompetence over the epidemic response, or his decision to simply screw over the Kurds, knowing that would result in their deaths. His sole issue was that economically he was better off and improving under Trump. That is a serious moral failing in my world view. It is just as serious a moral failing as those Germans who supported Hitler because he improved their economic well-being while ignoring his jailing of all political opponents, not to mention his demonization of the Jews and others. I am not saying Trump is Hitler. I am saying he is an authoritarian leader who cares less about our democracy and who is willing to engage in immoral actions like penalizing states he sees as not supporting him by refusing to assist them with necessary medical equipment in the epidemic or similar actions. That is not political, that is moral.

My confidence is at a 5 on a scale of 1-10.

Even though it looks promising, these states are too close to call, and with 95%or more of the vote in. To me that says there is still a possibility to go either way. I’ll relax when it’s a done deal.

Exactly.

It looks promising and all. I have a higher confidence than a 5. But still, leads are not money in the bank until the final call. Until we get that final call nothing is certain.

It's already started on Fux News. Tucker Carlson started off his show acting like a caged animal pacing in circles. He led with his premise or what he would probably call a statement of fact (in sinister and malevolent tones) that we have no idea who this guy Joe Biden is.

(He's only been a public figure in the Senate since the early 70's and stayed a public figure right up until he resigned from the Senate to became Vice President.) So after being out of the public eye for possibly two years after Obama left and before he ran for president again, that somehow qualifies Biden as a total unknown as far as his ideology or intentions.

Then after having just said that Biden is a total unknown, Carlson proceeds to tell us all about Biden in all of these made up conspiracy theories. Which is it? Is Biden a total unknown? Or is he this shady guy beholden to all kinds of malevolent groups out to destroy America? Carlson wants it both ways. America has no idea who this guy is. A clean slate who we shouldn't trust at all because we don't know enough about him. But then suddenly you claim to know all kinds of horrible things about hm.

The people over there on Fux News would be easier to tolerate is we knew they were drug addled or mentally impaired. At least it would be an excuse for their childlike behavior. Easier to understand than grown adults who know better just knowingly putting out outright propaganda, false conspiracy theories and and lies about anybody they don't like.