• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

One Year Anniversary of Pulse Massacre

tampa24

BSB God
Reaction score
I just wanted to remind anyone who might have lost track of the timing, but tonight and Sunday morning of last year is the one year anniversary of the Pulse Massacre. Let us remember and hold up the victims and their families in our thoughts and prayers.

The date was June 12th which falls this year on Monday. But for those inside the club, it was a Saturday night out that turned tragic beyond words during early Sunday morning.

Last year (June 4-5) I was at Parliament House in Orlando on the previous Saturday night to the Pulse murders and left in the early morning Sunday hours at around 2:30. I just kept thinking about how much higher the death toll might have been if the murderer had targeted any of the clubs during Gay Days Orlando weekend just the week before. And of course I had to wonder what might have happened if he had targeted P.H. instead of Pulse.

Here's link to the thread of the Pulse massacre from last year.

http://members.brokestraightboys.co...ightclub-quot-Pulse-quot-Omg!&highlight=Pulse

bef0817a2850eb1b4cea16f27e7d3c9e.jpg

pulse-nightclub.jpg

thQU6LRX33.jpg

I posted this tribute one day early to allow others to gather thoughts and post anything they would like to share.

For anyone who has read my many posts, you know my history of having lived through child molestation, prejudices, the happy and bad times. Yes, I have had bad times, but none of them were as bad as what we witnessed one year ago at the Pulse Night Club. Our community was victimized and cruelly attacked by a single man who chose us to come to terms with the demons inside of him and end his own suffering. Yes, we remember the forty-nine whose lives were taken from us. But, It didn't just end there. It went way beyond that in the lives of all those affected by this horrific crime. It is like a mass of dots. One dot is connected to the next and the other is connected to the another, so on and so on. Put all the dots together and they spread from families, friends, communities until it reaches the far corners of the world.

The Pulse Nightclub is just one of the many victims of senseless terrorism globally. One life lost is too many.

It is up to us to memorialize their existence in our lives and pay homage to the sacrifice they endured through no fault of their own. We must continue to stand Proud and always remember those that came before us and sacrificed their lives for us.

It is on this day, June 12, 2017, that I will spend my time in prayer and remembrance.

WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU

Thank you for sharing all this Louis. I know I for one appreciate it. I'm especially moved by the video above of all the 49 celebrities who contributed to this video. For some reason I'm especially impressed and touched to see Chris Pine of Star Trek and Wonder Woman (movie) fame adding his own contribution here. I'm pretty sure he's straight. (Which means all the more to me that he did this at all.)

I'm not trying to take away the sadness of this awful tragedy, but I can't help but remember the whole situation with you Tampa and the Spartan thing!!!

I'm not trying to take away the sadness of this awful tragedy, but I can't help but remember the whole situation with you Tampa and the Spartan thing!!!

Yeah. That whole subplot was just totally bizarre. It left me very embarrassed for helping to spread what turned out to be complete lies from Spartan. To this day we still don't know what his agenda was here...or why he chose such a tragic day to add more fuel to the fire.

My Pride Pulse experience today.

I had to go to the supermarket today. I wore my One Pulse shirt. I went to the Deli to order a turkey sub. The girl that was fixing it all of a sudden said that she liked my shirt. I asked her if she knew what it meant and she told me that she did and that she had been in Tampa earlier in the week for the beginning of Pride Week. I then left and went down another aisle. I passed by a group of women with children. A young lady was pushing the cart followed by two older women who appeared to be a mom and possibly an aunt. The young lady had two children in the cart. As she passed me she said, "I love your shirt." I thanked her and walked on when apparently her mom grabbed my arm and she said, "Muchas gratias. Que Dios to bendigo." (Thank you, may God bless you) I proceeded to the dairy aisle. A man around his mid 40's looked at me and said, "Man, you have big balls to wear a shirt like that here." I asked him if he had a problem with it. He said, "Don't get me wrong, I like the shirt." We talked for a few minutes and said he didn't feel comfortable expressing himself in pubic like I was doing. I told him people were always driving around in their trucks displaying the confederate flag, so I had the right to display my FLAG.

I came home with a smile on my face feeling blessed that I had participated in my own way to honor the victims of the Pulse massacre.
20170612_180746.jpg