• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Ok, I'm not sleeping now, something woke me up...

Thanks, a nice thing to say, sadly I am ancient . I may have a young mind but it is in a decrepit olde body. Tell me more about you if you care to share.
You're probably wildly exaggerating about yourself ! I'm happy to tell you whatever you want. I'm going to bed now as it's 23:00 and it's been a long day, but send me a list of questions and I'll get back to you tomorrow. I hope your feeling OK today ? Be good and take care. W x

The other night, I had one of those hairy-looking centipedes running all over me. That was really annoying.
Pretty gross. Living in New York City, occasionally I will see a cockroach crawling across the floor usually at night when I turn a light on. Luckily my building exterminates and they are rare, but still creep me out whenever I see one.

Pretty gross. Living in New York City, occasionally I will see a cockroach crawling across the floor usually at night when I turn a light on. Luckily my building exterminates and they are rare, but still creep me out whenever I see one.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh ! I've got some instant-kill cockroach spray just in case. Takes about 3 seconds to 'terminate' it :)

You sound like I feel today - I think I have hayfever and even eye drops aren't helping. Other than that, are you OK ?
Thanks for asking, pain is part of my life but at the moment it has given me a res-pet and my eyes are better. A lifetime of over use takes a toll on one's eyes .

Thanks for asking, pain is part of my life but at the moment it has given me a res-pet and my eyes are better. A lifetime of over use takes a toll on one's eyes .
Pain management is tough, unless you want to be rendered unconscious. When I broke 2 discs in my back I didn't want ALL pain to go away, as I was afraid I'd do more damage, so I negotiated a dose of 'just enough so as to not disable me'. I found the medication made me put on weight even though I wasn't eating more, but I guess that's just one of the many potential side effects that all drugs have. I hope your respite lasts and you remain comfortable today. What will you do ? It has been unseasonably warm today with the temperature sitting at 19C /66F. I think the end of our snow season is coming and the rivers will run with melted snow water. It doesn't matter, Spring is nice here too. W

I am homebound, so one day is like the next. I am lucky I don't mind it & the net keeps me active mentally so while the body is disaster the mind is fresh. The irony is before cancer I spent all my time outside & I was superactive. Now while I am lucky I can still walk although bent at a 45 degree angle (cancer induced broken spine). The irony is I use to be a gym nut 2-4 hours spent there every day . But I am lucky to be alive and the means to enjoy life most of the time.

I am homebound, so one day is like the next. I am lucky I don't mind it & the net keeps me active mentally so while the body is disaster the mind is fresh. The irony is before cancer I spent all my time outside & I was superactive. Now while I am lucky I can still walk although bent at a 45 degree angle (cancer induced broken spine). The irony is I use to be a gym nut 2-4 hours spent there every day . But I am lucky to be alive and the means to enjoy life most of the time.
If there's one thing that keeps me going, being single now, is that I can still get a smile and a welcome from complete strangers, especially on a beautiful, sunny day like today. It's harder to feel miserable on a nice day. Have you got Netflix ? If so there's an English show called Heartstopper, which is inspired by a book of the same name, and it follows the travails of being a teen and gay. It has an 8.6 rating on imdb.com and there is a 3rd series being made now. It's nice to see that being gay and young can be better than when we grew up, but it's still very challenging. It's ostensibly made for the Young Adult market but teachers, parents and all types of people are watching it loving it. Have a look if you can, it may divert you and remind you of how lucky you were to be gay, young and super-fit once. You probably had a queue forming to take you out !!

If there's one thing that keeps me going, being single now, is that I can still get a smile and a welcome from complete strangers, especially on a beautiful, sunny day like today. It's harder to feel miserable on a nice day. Have you got Netflix ? If so there's an English show called Heartstopper, which is inspired by a book of the same name, and it follows the travails of being a teen and gay. It has an 8.6 rating on imdb.com and there is a 3rd series being made now. It's nice to see that being gay and young can be better than when we grew up, but it's still very challenging. It's ostensibly made for the Young Adult market but teachers, parents and all types of people are watching it loving it. Have a look if you can, it may divert you and remind you of how lucky you were to be gay, young and super-fit once. You probably had a queue forming to take you out !!
Don't have it. I have USTVNOW. I use it as background while on the net, unless I am listening to music. Reading has become my first love.

I watched it. I loved Season 1, but I'm more lukewarm about Season 2. I'm moving to actively disliking the character of Charlie (unfortunate, since he's one of the leads). And I think I can only take so much feel-good before it gets a little cloying. Refreshing at first, it became kind of a chore at times (and there's this condescending animated rainbow that pissed me off). Though Season 1 has this beautiful scene with a boy coming out to his mom and it made me openly weep (I bet a lot of the users here might be able to relate), though that's not that difficult in my case. I'd recommend.

I don't kill anything unless I have to, so I'm pretty live and let live to most of our arthropodal neighbors. I especially hate killing spiders. But I have an especial hatred for cockroaches.

I grew up so poor (ugh, why do I have such a cartoonishly sad life story?) that I will kill cockroaches on sight lest panic and rage set in. When you are eating and you find a dead one in the food, or when you are in high school and one runs out of your coat as you take it off, it tends to make you hate them.

I don't kill anything unless I have to, so I'm pretty live and let live to most of our arthropodal neighbors. I especially hate killing spiders. But I have an especial hatred for cockroaches.

I grew up so poor (ugh, why do I have such a cartoonishly sad life story?) that I will kill cockroaches on sight lest panic and rage set in. When you are eating and you find a dead one in the food, or when you are in high school and one runs out of your coat as you take it off, it tends to make you hate them.
I am so sorry to hear about your poor beginnings. But look where you are now you should be proud how far you have come. As to roaches I could not agree with you more.

I watched it. I loved Season 1, but I'm more lukewarm about Season 2. I'm moving to actively disliking the character of Charlie (unfortunate, since he's one of the leads). And I think I can only take so much feel-good before it gets a little cloying. Refreshing at first, it became kind of a chore at times (and there's this condescending animated rainbow that pissed me off). Though Season 1 has this beautiful scene with a boy coming out to his mom and it made me openly weep (I bet a lot of the users here might be able to relate), though that's not that difficult in my case. I'd recommend.
Thanks guys for reminding me to watch Heartstoppers, season 2. I watched the first season and loved it, especially the coming out to his mom. Interesting that Wombat is enjoying the second season, while Treb, not so much so. I shall check it out and offer my review, perhaps on the thread about “what I’m watching on TV”.

Thank you gents for the reminder. I also agree that one of the many benefits of this forum is uniting us gay men from across the world to discuss our common interests. Very cool. I love the discussions going on. Let’s keep chatting about many subjects.

While I understand your dislike for killing living species, it is a gut reaction for me to want to kill a bug, especially a disgusting looking one that is crawling across my floor or sink. But I do admire your more humane approach. But for me my instinct right or wrong is to just destroy them, although isn’t it true that they’ve been around since before human beings existed? And that they may be here after our species is gone too? Not 100% sure about all that, but it sounds like what I’ve heard.

No judgment! I understand my position is borderline unreasonable. As animals, we consume other life to exist ourselves; we can't live with out killing (yes, sometimes I feel guilt about eating plants). And while I take evolutionary psychology claims with a jaundiced eye, fear and revulsion of arthropods is what kept our ancestors alive so the instincts are real. When I was swatting that centipede off me, I wasn't really worried about killing it.

No judgment! I understand my position is borderline unreasonable. As animals, we consume other life to exist ourselves; we can't live with out killing (yes, sometimes I feel guilt about eating plants). And while I take evolutionary psychology claims with a jaundiced eye, fear and revulsion of arthropods is what kept our ancestors alive so the instincts are real. When I was swatting that centipede off me, I wasn't really worried about killing it.
Of course roaches are also a source of nourishment on the food chain BUT having on you or infesting your home does not give any consolation

Haha Good point indeed. Our instincts and emotions versus what seems, “the right thing to do”, can be very perplexing. There often are no easy “right or wrong” answers………..