• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Hi, how is your day going.

We seem to have a couple of sunny warm days followed by chilly rainy days like today. But I got to watch something interesting a few minutes ago. A tree inside a yard was growing too close to the building and they had a whole team cutting the tree down. It was a beautiful tree but it had to come down. Here are some pics of the process that I just took.

View attachment 182744View attachment 182745View attachment 182746View attachment 182747
Following up on yesterday morning’s tree removal, I passed by this morning and there is no trace of the “offending” tree. But we do have an abundance of trees in the neighborhood and they are looking lush and lovely on this sunny spring morning :sun:

IMG_4905.jpeg
IMG_4906.jpeg
IMG_4907.jpeg

Yesterday, I met a friend in Manhattan at the Museum of Modern Art, (MOMA) on West 53rd Street followed by dinner. I’ve lived in New York City my entire life, but living in Brooklyn, I am still impressed by Manhattan after all these years. Getting out of the subway and walking to the museum I took a few random pics of my beautiful city on a beautiful Spring afternoon. :001_smile:

IMG_4908.jpeg
IMG_4912.jpeg

Yesterday, I met a friend in Manhattan at the Museum of Modern Art, (MOMA) on West 53rd Street followed by dinner. I’ve lived in New York City my entire life, but living in Brooklyn, I am still impressed by Manhattan after all these years. Getting out of the subway and walking to the museum I took a few random pics of my beautiful city on a beautiful Spring afternoon. :001_smile:

View attachment 182762View attachment 182764

Nice pictures! Did some yahoo really park their bike in a lane like that? Or is it a parking lane?

Nice pictures! Did some yahoo really park their bike in a lane like that? Or is it a parking lane?
Thank you Chac. Good question. There is a traffic regulation sign in the corner indicating metered parking. And from looking across Park Avenue to the other side of 53rd Street it does appear to be street parking, but I’m sure ridiculously expensive. I gave up my car when I retired from my sales job in 2016. I find subways and busses a stress free way to travel. Driving and more so parking are a real hassle in Manhattan.

Thank you Chac. Good question. There is a traffic regulation sign in the corner indicating metered parking. And from looking across Park Avenue to the other side of 53rd Street it does appear to be street parking, but I’m sure ridiculously expensive. I gave up my car when I retired from my sales job in 2016. I find subways and busses a stress free way to travel. Driving and more so parking are a real hassle in Manhattan.
As I don’t drive anymore I wanted to check just how much a parking meter cost. The more popular a neighborhood is usually the higher rate for parking. In Brooklyn Heights, it is $2.50 for 1 hour or $7.50 for two hours. I’m sure that in midtown Manhattan it is double that rate or more!:ohmy:

IMG_4916.jpeg

I'm having a great day, because I broke my drought three times last week, with two different boys. For one reason or another I've not been on the market during the past few months, as I got a job, have been finishing my studies and hurt my leg, and was generally feeling down and not up to it I guess.

I'll start another thread i THINK, have had an amazing time.

I'm having a great day, because I broke my drought three times last week, with two different boys. For one reason or another I've not been on the market during the past few months, as I got a job, have been finishing my studies and hurt my leg, and was generally feeling down and not up to it I guess.

I'll start another thread i THINK, have had an amazing time.

That's great news! Glad you got some attention 😌 I always look forward to your writings Max ☺️ and yes, I get that "being off the market"/ down feeling too. I am a bigger guy so it's a bit of work and time consuming (soul sucking too) trying to find someone interested and semi sane. I just basically have given up for the time being. If something happens organically then so be it, but after the ass hat debacle I'm pretty much done with Grindr. I'm looking forward to attending some events in Provincetown this summer (especially bear week since that's my tribe LOL)

I did however meet up with my FWB on a last minute get together and we did back massages last night. Sometimes just some skin to skin contact is all that is needed to satisfy a craving 🥰

As I was walking to my dental appointment earlier today, in the neighborhood of Carroll Gardens, I passed a sign on a chain link fence in front of a yard between two houses. I read the sign and looked between the links at this lovely neighborhood garden. I am going on an organized walking tour on Saturday of the East Village in Manhattan which is the home of the most “community gardens” in any New York City neighborhood. This garden I passed today is a private one. I’d think that most folks have no idea that New York City is the home of so many beautiful gardens.

IMG_4919.jpeg
IMG_4920.jpeg
IMG_4921.jpeg

My best friend growing up in Brooklyn is arriving in town from Florida for a few days, later this afternoon. Unfortunately the weather is not great, cloudy and drizzling. Hopefully it will get better over the weekend as he is going with me on a walk of The East Village on Saturday. I hope all of you folks in forumland are having a good day and have sunny skies!!! :sun:

IMG_4926.jpeg
IMG_4927.jpeg

I am in the midst of a week hanging out with my friend from childhood and teenage years who has remained in my life ever since. He currently lives in Florida with his longtime partner, but he is visiting here for a week. Yesterday we did a lot of walking as we subwayed to the upper East Side and visited the Guggenheim and then walked outside of Central Park past The Met and down Madison Avenue and eventually came back to Brooklyn. After dinner, it was a beautiful night for a walk on the Brooklyn Heights Promenade. More to come this weekend…..

IMG_4933.jpeg
IMG_4930.jpeg
IMG_4938.jpeg