• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Good Parenting methods

Kodieboy

BSB Addict
Reaction score
I know we all dont have kids...... but we all have some contact with kids nieces, and nephews

Tough Love vs. Spanking - Good Argument

Most people think it improper to spank children, so I have tried other methods to control my kids when they have one of 'those moments.'

One that I found effective is for me to just take the child for a car ride and talk.

Some say it's the vibration from the car, others say it's the time away from any distractions such as TV, Video Games, Computer, IPod, etc.

Either way, my kids usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our car ride together. Eye to eye contact helps a lot too.

I've included a photo below of one of my sessions with my son, in case you would like to use the technique.

Sincerely,
Your Friend

ATT1.jpg

P.S....... This works with grandchildren,
nieces, and nephews as well.

The first step in communication is always getting their undivided attention. I think that about does it. :sneaky2::lol:

99!! LMAO!! Love it Kodie! Does it also work on brats throwing tantrums in a store I happen to be shopping in? :wink:

kodie that pic is so cool. Thank you for the great laugh

Don't tempt me!! LOL!! Some parents are just as bad as their brats! :mad:

Never let it be said that children emulate their role models. LOL:001_unsure::w00t:

Some people think that picture is crazy. Hey, this is crazy. As the Bible tells us: "He who spareth the rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him correcteth him betimes" (Proverbs 13:24) and "Withhold not correction from a child: for if thou strike him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and deliver his soul from hell." (Proverbs 23:13-14)

I am guessing that children are easily possessed or something. I cannot imagine why an all loving God would want us to beat our children. I understand why we would want to sometimes. I really think that some human ego must have gotten tainted in this translation somewhere. Hey, who am I to judge what is written in that wonderful book that tells us we are going to hell for basically doing anything accept breath... I always figured that divine unconditional love meant that there was always freedom of choice and to love the person not the disease or illness. Hey, I am not trying to be blasphemous here but I always thought hell was created by the church to promote fear and maintain their control over the populous.

So, the lesson here is beat your kids to give them a small sample of what Hell could be like. Then when the church says, "you have sinned and you are going to Hell if you don't change your ways, pay retribution to the church, and live as we have dictated to you." We are too afraid of the consequences not to follow suit. So, now we all fear going to Hell since we have had the concept beaten into us. We also learn love and respect me or get the beating of your life. Now that is good parenting. No wonder we adults are so screwed up and stricken by fear.:wink:

Last edited:
My sister & I were raised with both love &, when needed, discipline.
The smack &/or the strap didn't hurt us - OUCH

My sister & I were raised with both love &, when needed, discipline.
The smack &/or the strap didn't hurt us - OUCH

I hear that.:thumbup1:

Some people think that picture is crazy. Hey, this is crazy. As the Bible tells us: "He who spareth the rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him correcteth him betimes" (Proverbs 13:24) and "Withhold not correction from a child: for if thou strike him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and deliver his soul from hell." (Proverbs 23:13-14)

I am guessing that children are easily possessed or something. I cannot imagine why an all loving God would want us to beat our children. I understand why we would want to sometimes. I really think that some human ego must have gotten tainted in this translation somewhere. Hey, who am I to judge what is written in that wonderful book that tells us we are going to hell for basically doing anything accept breath... I always figured that divine unconditional love meant that there was always freedom of choice and to love the person not the disease or illness. Hey, I am not trying to be blasphemous here but I always thought hell was created by the church to promote fear and maintain their control over the populous.

So, the lesson here is beat your kids to give them a small sample of what Hell could be like. Then when the church says, "you have sinned and you are going to Hell if you don't change your ways, pay retribution to the church, and live as we have dictated to you." We are too afraid of the consequences not to follow suit. So, now we all fear going to Hell since we have had the concept beaten into us. We also learn love and respect me or get the beating of your life. Now that is good parenting. No wonder we adults are so screwed up and stricken by fear.:wink:

Jay Darling ....... Go back to bed sweetie ..... its a joke, close your eyes..Im kissing & Tasting that perfect bod of yours from the tip of your toes all the way up toooooooo

Jay Darling ....... Go back to bed sweetie ..... its a joke, close your eyes..Im kissing & Tasting that perfect bod of yours from the tip of your toes all the way up toooooooo

Wow, how can I sleep with all of that going on...:w00t::001_rolleyes: I know it is just a joke... Trust me there is plenty of sarcasam in my post too.:wink:

meet u there lol

OK, Hummm! Parenting 101 from the bedroom. OK, first of all I am not into any of that S&M crap. So, only pleasurable lessons please. :001_unsure: