• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Gays May yet Serve Openly in the US Military

Well really it's a legacy from previous administrations however, saying that, a legacy and a deterant that was needed at the time.

Going back to the original thread subject, please keep me informed of any developements as I'm quite interested in the topic.

We will do. I had to go back and look at the topic a few times. I will be sure to let you know when Obama lifts the ban on Gays serving in the US armed forces. Maybe it will earn him another Nobel peace prize if he can do it without the use of Nukes...:001_tt2:

my honest opinon. i dont feel we should have to fight for a country that does not recognize our relationships as legal. i have much more i want to post on this maby on a later date though. got a holloween party to get too :) night all <3

my honest opinon. i dont feel we should have to fight for a country that does not recognize our relationships as legal. i have much more i want to post on this maby on a later date though. got a holloween party to get too :) night all <3

You fight for your country because you believe in it's values and to keep people like Hitler, Bin Laden, Sadam and others from your back door.

Efa, I would love to read more of your thoughts. As I have had similar thoughts in the past but I concluded. I would rather be a part of the solution than be part of the problem. Sounds like and oxymoron, Eh!!!

I want to leave you with these thoughts. Many young men and women do not discover their true sexual identities until they have had an opportunity to get away from the influences of their parents. This does not often happen until children go off to college or join the US armed forces. In one of these two places is where they usually have their first gay sexual experiences. I know of many men and women who were happily married with 2-3 children before they discovered they were gay or bisexual. Yikes.:scared:

I think life is what we make it. We cannot change who we are if it is not meant to be. No matter where you go in life there you are. Eventually, we all face the truth of our nature. Eventually society will accept the truth of our nature and we will move on.:thumbup:

I feel like it should be a matter of choice too Efa. I also believe that people should honor their contracts. If I join the US armed forces and sign an 8 year contract to serve my country by choice then I should be obligated to do that regardless if I discover I am gay or bisexual later on. However; If I don't want to enlist and it is because I am gay or bisexual and I feel my country is treating me like a second class citizen there in no point in trying to make me serve. It is kind of a two edged sword.

One thing that is interesting to note also Efa. If we are not at war and people wanted out of the service all they ever had to do was tell their commanding officer they were gay. Poof! instant discharge for the most part. Yet, durring times of war you can often tell the entire regimant you are gay if you are so bold. No, discharge for you. LOL Go figure...:sneaky2:

Last edited:
Good post Jayman, a lot of people join the forces to learn a trade. Then after a couple of years experience, get out back into civvy street