• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Changing Attitude Towards Gays in the Mormon Church?

tampa24

BSB God
Reaction score
As many of you know there was much disappointment and even anger when the Mormon Church based in Utah funneled millions of dollars into the Prop 8 initiative in California that successfully overturned legal gay marriage there. There are some promising signs that those in the church are reconsidering their homophobic stance. It appears that there have been some recent acts of great violence against gays in Salt Lake City. To the extent at least that many in the community there have had to reexamine their consciences over the issue of gay rights.

I do not live out west so perhaps someone else on the forum can fill us in on recent events in Salt Lake City that have precipitated this soul searching within the church. Below is the today's article on the subject from CNN. Below that link is one that shows the tearful and heartfelt speech given recently by Bishop Kevin Clooster to an LGBT gathering in Salt Lake City.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/...g-attitudes-toward-their-community/?hpt=hp_c1

http://mormonstories.org/lds-bishop-kevin-kloostermans-talk-on-homosexuals-in-the-lds-church/

This is the "It Gets Better" video done by students at Brigham Young University:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym0jXg-hKCI

My ex-wife was a mormon, had the guys on thier missions over every week end. Hot guys. Seriously two guys sharing a room for one year with no chicks, who isn't going to say "he you ever considered----"

Oh trust me! They do consider! Remember, it is always better to ask for pardon, than for permission. The smart boys learn that early!

Well isn't it a sin to live in Utah in the first place?lol There was a movie out a couple of years ago about a young mormon guy who meets a gay guy while on "his mission". They end up hooking up for a bit. When he returns home he is shunned by his parents and eventually commits suicide. The gay guy goes to see him unaware he's killed himself. I can't remember the name of the movie, but it was pretty good.

Well isn't it a sin to live in Utah in the first place?lol There was a movie out a couple of years ago about a young mormon guy who meets a gay guy while on "his mission". They end up hooking up for a bit. When he returns home he is shunned by his parents and eventually commits suicide. The gay guy goes to see him unaware he's killed himself. I can't remember the name of the movie, but it was pretty good.

The movie is called Latter Days.

Live Long and Prosper,

Vicekid

My understanding is that missionaries sign a pledge to not even jack off while on their mission. Talk about unrealistic! A good friend from my early days as an AIDS activist was Mormon. One night, when we were out on the town, I asked him when he came to the realization that he was gay. His answer: "When, after two years of prayer on my knees asking God to change me, those prayers weren't answered."

So sadly true. BTW the masturbation issue is not only during their mission it's ALWAYS. Even the F-----g Catholic Church has more sense than that.

When I was in the Catholic seminary, masturbation was forbidden; and we also cannot take any pleasure in our wet dreams under the penalty of sin. Figure that one out!

Really thanks for sharing that with us. Having been associated with Mormons in many ways over the years this does really say a lot. Because only one thing is worse than adultery when it concerns Mormons and that is homosexuality. So progress has been made and it will continue to, slowly, but it will happen. There was a time, not to long ago, when blacks, even though allowed to be Mormons were segregated. Unfortunately, all this shit takes time and all us old farts are fucked.