• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Game - linking songs

This is a beautiful song by a classic OZ rock band. The song was originally written about the Vietnam war hence the words 'come home and get blown away' but mostly the lyrics and the images in the clip are timeless.

The ending shows a snippet of a dawn service at Gallipoli. The battle at Gallipoli was the first major battle (WW1) undertaken by Australian and New Zealand forces; many, many lives were lost. To this day, Anzac (Australian and New Zealand Army Corp) Day is the most significant commemoration of military casualties and veterans in Australia.

Last edited:
Depending on who you talk to this song is called either 'Slide Over Here', 'Need You Tonight' or 'Make Me Sweat'
For the purposes of this thread I'm going with 'MAKE ME SWEAT'...:tongue:

Justin+Hayward+justin_hayward_7_400x300.jpg

Justin Hayward (born 14 October 1946) is an English musician, best known as singer, songwriter and guitarist in the rock band The Moody Blues.
Hayward was born in Dean Street, Swindon, Wiltshire, England and educated at Shrivenham School, Berkshire and The Commonweal School, in Swindon.
Career

When Hayward was 15 he was able to afford a Gibson guitar and a Vox amplifier through performing with local Swindon groups in clubs and dance halls playing mostly Buddy Holly songs. One of Hayward's early groups was All Things Bright, which opened for The Hollies and Brian Poole and the Tremeloes. At age 17, he signed a publishing contract as a songwriter with the skiffle artist and record producer Lonnie Donegan, a move Hayward later regretted as it meant the rights to all his songs written before 1974 would always be owned by Donegan's Tyler Music. In 1965 he answered an advertisement in Melody Maker and auditioned as guitarist for Marty Wilde and he went on to work with Wilde and his wife in The Wilde Three.

Hayward was recently involved in the remastering of The Moody Blues back catalogue for Universal Music.

Last edited: