• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Game - linking songs

What an absolutely fabulous clip, Ms. K. Lesley Gore was a local girl from this area, Tenafly New Jersey I believe. She was still in high school and performing her gigs on weekends. And this video comes from the groundbreaking prime time television show Shindig (on ABC), which along with Hullabaloo (on NBC) became the first two prime time shows to feature rock and roll acts. It helped legitimize "our music". I loved it. Thank you so much.

I watched those two shows all of the time too. I had teen mags that had the lyrics printed to a lot of the songs and I would sing along. I just had to have a pair of those white go go boots. I believe I was in the 5th grade when I got them. Fun, fun, fun. I'm quite sure I remember this.

I watched those two shows all of the time too. I had teen mags that had the lyrics printed to a lot of the songs and I would sing along. I just had to have a pair of those white go go boots. I believe I was in the 5th grade when I got them. Fun, fun, fun. I'm quite sure I remember this.
And of course I loved the cute boy acts, Bobby Sherman, Bobby Rydell, Peter Noone, (Herman from the Hermits), and so many more. Instead of having to buy "Tiger Beat" magazine, I could see these guys on television.

But Valentine, I think we'd best stop this conversation here or we will be "scolded" by the creator of this thread, Jon, for being off topic. :sneaky2:

OK. Here's Donovan. One of the favorites of my youth too. I still have the 45 rpm disc.

Last edited:
OK. Here's Donovan. One of the favorites of my youth too. I still have the 45 rpm disc.

Great song.......except the linking song was "Somewhere in Brooklyn" by Bruno Mars, that was linked to your song "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"/:smile:

.....Now I feel like Jon......

funny-picture-9979523862.jpg