• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

For my horse loving friend, Jayce

Wow! Must take incredible discipline for someone to get a horse to do something like that.

Last edited:
Wow! Must take incredible discipline for someone to get a horse to do something like that.

It takes 4 to 5 years to train them to this level. They have to be conditioned physically to do this. And no, the horses are not abused. They simply would not be able to do this if they were. The best are so proud. They love to do it! The rider can make no mistakes, or the horse will. The horse is constantly listening to the rider. It is a dance.

Thanks Paris!

Love the clips. The canter pirouettes were great as well as evreything else. Dressage is the art of cooperation between human and horse. Here is something for you (I hope you haven't seen this):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQpR2_tH1Yk

This is the London Metropolitan Police Activity Ride. Watch what the police officers and their mounts can do (yes they really do patrols as well). Towards the end they remove their jackets OVER FENCES, when they have their arms outstretched they are holding their stirrup leathers and Irons, then they jump while holding their saddles!

Enjoy one and all.

Love to all our equine companions,

Jayce

Love the clips. The canter pirouettes were great as well as evreything else. Dressage is the art of cooperation between human and horse. Here is something for you (I hope you haven't seen this):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQpR2_tH1Yk

This is the London Metropolitan Police Activity Ride. Watch what the police officers and their mounts can do (yes they really do patrols as well). Towards the end they remove their jackets OVER FENCES, when they have their arms outstretched they are holding their stirrup leathers and Irons, then they jump while holding their saddles!

Enjoy one and all.

Love to all our equine companions,

Jayce

That is just so amazing! You can almost understand why they have gone to war. They trust the rider. Sadly. The soldiers loved these horses. It just breaks my heart. Those guys must have hurt so badly, when their horse friend died. They are a big scary animal that can hurt you in a second, (almost never on purpose) I will never give up on them. They are the best animal in the world to me. If you are loved by a horse, there is nothing in this world like it! Kindest animal ever!

Thankyou, Jayce!

Skill and love

Paris:

I agree with you. Most people equate horses with wild animals - they don't like what riders make horses do. But the truth is that we have bred a real work ethic into the species. They enjoy having a job! They are proud of doing well, I have seen many horses come out of the show ring with tail held high and prancing about.

Those police horses are amazing. While I haven't had the opportunity to meet one in London, I have seen them in Manchester, on Canal Street (think UK series of Queer as Folk). There they are not bothered by anything when the crowd is getting out of the clubs and people are DRUNK! I actually saw two guys that started to bug the officer and horse. The Officer gave the horse a little leg and pinned the obnoxious brats up against a wall. They quickly became very very subdued and exceedingly nice. The Horse had a twinkle in her eyes! And I must tell you that those horses were groomed, clean and their coats shone. They are well taken care of.

With the economy going south, quite a few of our equine companions are suffering from lack of food and basic care. It's absolutely tragic. They are being left at shelters and horse shows in the dead of night, some are just let loose. Of course a lot of my friends are having money problems with their horses. It's about $10-12K a year for maintenance and training. Then competition costs on top of that. But I will say that the animals I know are all well cared for, even spoiled. That's because they are more than a pet, they are a working partner and companion all rolled into one. That's what makes them special.

I'll see what else I can post. Maybe some pics of Mikey with Randy (a jumper) or Sammy (a Hunter).

All my best,

Jayce

Horses have been bred to do so many different jobs. The one thing no one can breed out of them, is their instinct for survival. No amount of breeding can take away millions of years of the flight instinct. Fortunately, with training, they can learn to control it most of the time. They turn to the rider for support and leadership. If you have a horses trust, they will try to do anything for you, but you can never betray that trust. Leadership with kindness is what you need to foster that trust.

There are police horses in my city. They can take the place of 10 policeman on foot. These animals are intimidating to the creeps out there. I love it! LOL!

It is sad days for the horse industry these days. It will take many years to correct itself. There are a lot of bad breeding decisisions made out there. I sometimes see a horse, and wonder why it was created, the poor thing.

I don't show anymore, so I don't have that expense, and I have great trails to ride on near the barn where I board my mare. I do my own shots, worming, and hoof trimming, so that saves me money to keep her in carrots, apples, and cookies! LOL! The only thing I don't do is teeth. I leave that to the equine dentist.

I have heard of the horse dumping, but haven't seen it in my area.

I'd love to see some more of your own photos! Feel free to post them when you have the time!

paris

Thanks my friend, that was lovely as is the Rider! As an American many Europeans give a false echo on my gaydar, but we can only hope he bats for our team.

Am trying to reduce size on some pics of Mikey riding Sammie (Sammuel) and Randy (Mithrandir's Ring). Then I can post them for you.

Be well,

Jayce

Thanks my friend, that was lovely as is the Rider! As an American many Europeans give a false echo on my gaydar, but we can only hope he bats for our team.

Am trying to reduce size on some pics of Mikey riding Sammie (Sammuel) and Randy (Mithrandir's Ring). Then I can post them for you.

Be well,

Jayce

My understanding is that he is married and has a couple of children. Of course that wouldn't stop me from "crossing" over! :wink:

I am looking forward to your photos of Sammie and Randy!

I am happy you enjoyed these vids. Grand Prix dressage is the most beautiful thing in the horse world. To me, anyway. Grand Prix jumpers, too! Anything extreme is enjoyable to me. I even like Mounted Shooting!! I went to a demo in my city last spring. The two people doing the clinic also sell ear plugs for horses. I spoke to the woman in the duo, and she refuses to ever expose a horse to "naked" gunfire. Gotta love her! She was a doll, and just as nice as could be.