• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Cocktails, anyone? It's always Happy Hour somewhere!

2012-06-17t074759z_2_cbre85g0lj100_rtroptp_3_greece.grid-6x2.jpg

Do u know where that pic was taken? Is it Colorado?

MarkyMark wrote about it in a post. So I went looking for a fitting picture. And next... MarkyMarks kills his post... going, going, gone!

No LoveLumps I don't know where it was taken, but too many families have seen the flames approaching their homes.

Gummy Bears for grown ups!

So last week I got a little crazy. The girls and I decided that we needed to make some Gummy Bear cocktails. We had them as shots one night out that lead to a really bad morning. However, I had an amusing story to go with the shots and in the telling, everyone became interested in the drink. So, I collected the ingredients and got to work. I started by soaking gummy bears in vodka. This is probably best done when temperatures are under the 100 degree mark. Attempt 1 brought interesting results. The gummy bears sat on my counter for 2 days. Yes, we have a cooling system, but gummy bears and vodka at 80 degrees make a melted icky mess. I strained off the vodka from what was left of the gummy bears and put that in a jar and stuck it in the fridge. I also put the tiny remainders of the candy bears in the fridge.

That same night, I poured vodka over another few handfuls of gummy bears and stuck that jar in the fridge. So Thursday evening, I mixed up some home made sweet and sour. I made simple syrup (1 C sugar, 1 C water, and heated it until the sugar dissolved) and juiced about 2 cups of lemon, lime and orange juice, about equal quantities of each. I used a fifth of Razberi Stoli, 2 cups of Cointreau, 2 cups of the sweet and sour. Did I mention this drink will rot your teeth out of your head??? For each individual cocktail, I filled a glass with ice, poured in about 4 ounces of the vodka mixture, added a splash of sprite and garnished with a few of the vodka soaked gummy bears from the second batch. Those need to sit for about a week, btw. Delicious sinful glass full of candy syrup! LOL!

So about that first batch of gummy bears, the one I strained into 2 containers. The tiny gummies solidified into a big flat round of interconnected rainbow bears. Perfect for a pride celebration! The rest, well, lets just say that it's like really solid jello shots. Gummy bear flavored jello shots. Yum Yum Yum!!! And it knocked this girl on her ass the other night after a little too much wine!

Attachments

• Vodka-soaked Gummy Bears 002.jpg
    Vodka-soaked Gummy Bears 002.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 24
That sounds like soooooooo much work. I guess that is why you are the cocktail queen, and I am only the apprentice.

Tonight was homemade burgers, homemade fries, and a yummy margarita.

That sounds like soooooooo much work. I guess that is why you are the cocktail queen, and I am only the apprentice.

Tonight was homemade burgers, homemade fries, and a yummy margarita.

That sounds great! We had homemade meatball sliders and a lettuce salad from the garden. I'm drinking cold red wine tonight. It's still so stinking hot here!

I just like to take the time to do things extra special on occasion. I'm not a sweet cocktail kind of girl on a normal day. But I do love a good handmade margarita!

Cheers

Rum and orange juice. Have another one...

rumyumm2.jpg

Last edited:
So, I'm up in Winter Park, CO. It's the Winter Park Beer Festival featuring local Colorado craft beers and some other national small batch brewers. There is also live music. There was this guy from the UK. He played acoustic guitar and the dulcimer. He had a very classic rock kind of sound and I couldn't help but think of joninliverton while he played his set. Since I didn't catch his name or record him, I didn't post it on members favorite music. the band playing now sounds kind of CCRish.

We're having a great time. It's 70 and breezy up here at 10k plus feet. Nice relief from the upper 90s in Denver.

Cheers Dear!

Have a beer on me LoveLumps! Craft beer pours millions of liters in you Coloradoans...

CraftBeerEconomyArt.jpg

So this was a ridiculous thing to do, however, when you invite a 22 year old friend to your house to make playdough, silly things happen.

I've seen a lot of people posting about making Skittles vodka lately. You separate the bag into colors, cover with vodka and let sit until the candy dissolves, then you run it all through a filter to get the powdery white sugar particulates out to make a clear and colorful cocktail confection.

Well, seeing as how time was a factor, I suggested we just puree the Skittles in the blender. She said, oh yeah, and add ice and make a slushie. So that's exactly what we did. Skittle Slushies.

We used the 1# mystery bag, divided it into colors. Put all of one color in the blender with 6 oz vodka and blended it until the candy had dissolved. Then we added ice and blended again to make the slushie.

Seriously delicious and fruity and awesome.

never tried skittles, but volka smoothies made with banana and strawberries works.
i remember those things that exploded in your mouth with volka were pretty good.
volka and anything is a good drink.
and when you are having fun, everything is good.

If you have nothing else in da house...

Semen Cocktails Lovelumps:smiley-love001:? You must be kidding...

Bottoms up!

20120123134228_802.jpg

Last edited:
Have you ever heard of Alien's Urine:
1/2 oz Midori® melon liqueur
1/2 oz peach schnapps
1 oz coconut rum
1 part sweet and sour mix
1 part orange juice

This drink is ideally made in a 16 ounce glass, but can also be made in a Collins glass. The drink is served on the rocks. Add the Midori, Malibo, and Schnaps. Add juices. Shake in a tin. Garnish with either two cherries or with a kiwi wheel.

Read more: Alien Urine recipe http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink790.html#ixzz2Q8UO1rSZ

good shit, and the best part is its Thursday, which is "Thirsty Thursdays" and that means "Margarita Thursday" for only $1.99, lovely price, good thing its a friends bday an excuse to have a good time haha. But then again it's 5 o'clock somewhere haha.