• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Cocktails, anyone? It's always Happy Hour somewhere!

People seem to be drinking here. Some top shelf and others not so much. I am making my own Vodka in the basement using potatoes I found on sale at the farmer's market.

That's interesting! Keep me posted on the process. I've never tried distilling but I've made beer and wine often enough. And limoncello.

Hello everyone. We have just returned from a visit to Carl's family in Albuquerque, and while there, visited for three days in Taos. We had a marvelous dinner at a restaurant called Lambert's, where they serve the most fantastic Cherry Manhattan. The cherries had marinated in a delicious brandy before being placed, three to a glass, in a generous sized Martini glass, filled to the rim. Needless to say, we were extremely careful not to lose a single cherry from any of the 5 servings we greedily consumed! The dinner was good too! LOL!

Hello everyone. We have just returned from a visit to Carl's family in Albuquerque, and while there, visited for three days in Taos. We had a marvelous dinner at a restaurant called Lambert's, where they serve the most fantastic Cherry Manhattan. The cherries had marinated in a delicious brandy before being placed, three to a glass, in a generous sized Martini glass, filled to the rim. Needless to say, we were extremely careful not to lose a single cherry from any of the 5 servings we greedily consumed! The dinner was good too! LOL!

You've been gone too long! LOL But I sure am glad you had those nice martinis, they sound yummy!

Mmmm. I love Manhattans! I like my cherries with the stems on. I always have to try tying at least 1 in a knot!

One Manhattan coming up...

Here's your cherry, catch!

cherry.jpg

Last edited:
Tonight I need refreshing. It hit 105 today, which is the 5th day in a row with temps over 100. I'm drinking Tanqueray with Q Tonic and lemon. The Q Tonic is worth the hefty price tag. It's not super sweet, which lets the quinine and gin combination really come through. Tastes great! Ahhhh.

So, a big storm blew through, it clouded over and got windy and we crossed all our fingers and toes for a real gully washer. It's still cloudy, but the storm broke up. Such a shame. Another fire started today. The big one west of Colorado Springs, in Waldo Canyon, is about 3 miles from our former home, the house we bought when I was preggers with our first 15 years ago. I hope it doesn't move further east. Manitou Springs is a beautiful historic community at the base of Pikes Peak. Famous for being the starting place of the Pikes Peak Marathon and named for the many natural sulfur springs that erupted there.

Tonight I need refreshing. It hit 105 today, which is the 5th day in a row with temps over 100. I'm drinking Tanqueray with Q Tonic and lemon. The Q Tonic is worth the hefty price tag. It's not super sweet, which lets the quinine and gin combination really come through. Tastes great! Ahhhh.

So, a big storm blew through, it clouded over and got windy and we crossed all our fingers and toes for a real gully washer. It's still cloudy, but the storm broke up. Such a shame. Another fire started today. The big one west of Colorado Springs, in Waldo Canyon, is about 3 miles from our former home, the house we bought when I was preggers with our first 15 years ago. I hope it doesn't move further east. Manitou Springs is a beautiful historic community at the base of Pikes Peak. Famous for being the starting place of the Pikes Peak Marathon and named for the many natural sulfur springs that erupted there.

Lordy!

Between the heat and the humidity, I am just hanging on! Some Tanqueray sounds great! That used to be my drink! I drink it with Fresca now, lol.

I sure hope for everyone that those fires get under control.

Superman what are you doing now?

Thanks Mike and Lovelumps, but really... an all round lovable guy:sick:

Beware of my super powers!

GayBatmanSuperman.jpg

Bottoms up!

In Spain they serve ice cold Sangria... It tastes like lemonade, till you try to get up out of your stool and your legs feel unstable. The fruit, cold liquor, ice... divine!

sangria-blog.jpg

Thanks Mike and Lovelumps, but really... an all round lovable guy:sick:

OOps!!! I guess that was poor word choice on my end! LOL! Not lovable. Ok. Witty?

Main Entry: witty  [wit-ee] Show IPA
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: funny and clever
Synonyms: amusing, bright, brilliant, campy, crazy*, diverting, droll, entertaining, epigrammatic, facetious, fanciful, gay, humorous, ingenious, intelligent, jocose, jocular, joshing, keen, lively, original, penetrating, piercing, piquant, quick-witted, ridiculous, scintillating, screaming, slapstick, sparkling, waggish, whimsical

Last edited:
In Spain they serve ice cold Sangria... It tastes like lemonade, till you try to get up out of your stool and your legs feel unstable. The fruit, cold liquor, ice... divine!

I love Sangria and fix it quite frequently during the summer. And you're right! It kicks you in the ass if you aren't careful....

How can I cool you hot Americans?

Cherry Bitch! Top Screwdriver

67cherry_bitch.jpg
top_screwdriver.jpg

Blue Mojito Vodka Raspberry
img-thing
0.JPG.img.ashx

News agency Reuters.

This picture represents the thread the fire poses to people. Thought it illustrated somehow your story; before you erased every single word.

Why did you delete your post Sire?

Last edited: