• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Check In, Check Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that background info. I've only been watching it for the last year and a half. So the old guy is not Donna's real father? Jeffrey Noble was? Do we know who the woman in the visions is? Or is that still a mystery? Both Donna and the old man seem to have magical, mystical connections. To be explored more later I guess.

What do you think of David Tennet leaving? I don't think that the new guy is as handsome. But then I didn't think Tennet was all that handsome. Until I gave him a chance and he grew on me.

Doctor Who: The End Of Time Part 2 rocked and their was even a great mini-scene-ette that furthered RTD's so-called 'gay agenda'...

Rather sad watching the end of David Tennant. His replacement Matt Smith (?) is not arf as good looking. It is rumoured that Mr Tennant is very well endowed but I havn't seen or tasted it yet.

BBC America. On cable TV.

Our fellow gay Brits over there need to petition to bring Torchwood back. :wink:

Rather sad watching the end of David Tennant. His replacement Matt Smith (?) is not arf as good looking. It is rumoured that Mr Tennant is very well endowed but I havn't seen or tasted it yet.

Saw him last week playing Hamlet in modern dress and as he lay on Ophelia's lap watching the amateur theatricals you could see what he was packing. Almost vulgar in its abundance.:w00t::tongue_smilie:

Did I mention that I'm very distantly related to David Tennant? There's even a family resemblance I just learned of thanks to you guys...

Saw him last week playing Hamlet in modern dress and as he lay on Ophelia's lap watching the amateur theatricals you could see what he was packing. Almost vulgar in its abundance.:w00t::tongue_smilie:

Really?

:postpics:

Hint, hint, Slim. :lol:

Did I mention that I'm very distantly related to David Tennant? There's even a family resemblance I just learned of thanks to you guys...

Really! Hhhhmmmm.......... As Tamps said... :wink::thumbup:

I've been outclassed by only one partner ever...

Macauley Culkin no doubt.

Russell Davies announced at Comic Con that Season 4 of Torchwood is guaranteed and the scripts are ready. He also said none of the now dead previous season's characters will miraculously reappear. I would kill to get Owen and Tosh back. Nothing hurt quite as much as seeing them go at the end of Season 2 - even the end of 3 when Ianto died.

I am in a sci-fi quandry without Battlestar Galactica. It was my favorite. Should anyone care to know where Lee's wedding ring now rests - it is in my video room along with one of his costumes, one of Tom Zarek's costumes, and one of Anders' costumes. My own little shrine to a series I truly loved.

I saw Tennant's Hamlet. I'd put it on the level with Jude Law. I'd much rather look at Tennant - he's more interesting to me than Law. As Hamlet's go, of the one's I've seen, I'd rank: Burton, Hawke, Olivier, Chamberlain, Brannaugh, and then the rest.

I really don't know if I can continue with The Who without Tennant. It's those eyes. There be madness there. (And I have heard David Tennant likes to fart a lot!)

Last edited:
Have you tried Stargate: Universe? It has a slight Battlestar flavor without tipping into the whole 'awful people doing awful things to awful people' rut BSG fell into...

I tried it but somehow couldn't get that original season out of my mind. It somehow just didn't click with me. And I don't know why because I really liked all the actors in it. I found the redemption in BSG to be its core relevance to the present and the very graphic way they allowed us to see the possibility of duplicity in perceived friends and enemies and among ourselves.

There was also a BBC series called Primeval that started off with great promise and then tripped over its own weight.

Russell Davies announced at Comic Con that Season 4 of Torchwood is guaranteed and the scripts are ready. He also said none of the now dead previous season's characters will miraculously reappear. I would kill to get Owen and Tosh back. Nothing hurt quite as much as seeing them go at the end of Season 2 - even the end of 3 when Ianto died.

It's coming back? That's great news! I hated to see any of the three of them killed off. I didn't care for the character of Owen nearly as much as for Tosh and Ianto. Tosh's character was so inspiring. Young, beautiful, idealistic, competent, brave and willing to go to any lengths to help humanity. But as long as they bring John Barrowman back, and he's still as gay as ever, then I will look forward to whatever they come up with.

Someone made the point that we shouldn't wish for Martha and Mickey to become Torchwood regulars since that cast all die and as recurring Who characters they're pretty much guaranteed not to die...

At the time of Martha's extended visit on Torchwood I really liked her. She brought a sophistication that none of the others had. (Owen thought he had it but always seemed to lose it in the clinch.) However, there really seemed to be bad chemistry between her and Gwen - don't ask me why I thought that - they just didn't play well together. She and Barrowman had all that back history from Who to play off, but she and Gwen could not even develop an onscreen warmth to join them. So I can't see her as much of a permanent replacement. Now on the other hand, what would happen if by some miracle, Catherine Tate should plop in the middle of Cardiff? I know – but I did so adore her and she could keep that tripod Barrowman in balance. Or maybe the real Captain Jack could be moved through time for a while so the two could finish what they started at that rec-room dance so long ago. A pair of Jacks could reduce a lot of Queens to deuces in one season.

At Or maybe the real Captain Jack could be moved through time for a while so the two could finish what they started at that rec-room dance so long ago. A pair of Jacks could reduce a lot of Queens to deuces in one season.

That was THE best scene I've ever saw on regular television. In the 70's, 80's and 90's that long passionate kiss would never would have made it on the air. Leave it to BBC to give an international television audience one of the most loving, passionate man on man kisses so far.

Just in case you HAVE to be PC at times.......

HOW TO SPEAK ABOUT WOMEN AND BE POLITICALLY CORRECT:

1. She is not a "BABE" or a "CHICK" - She is a "BREASTED AMERICAN."

2. She is not "EASY" - She is "HORIZONTALLY ACCESSIBLE."

3. She is not a "DUMB BLOND" - She is a "LIGHT-HAIRED DETOUR OFF THE INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY."

4. She has not "BEEN AROUND" - She is a "PREVIOUSLY-ENJOYED COMPANION."

5. She does not "NAG" you - She becomes "VERBALLY REPETITIVE."

6. She is not a "TWO-BIT HOOKER" - She is a "LOW COST PROVIDER."

HOW TO SPEAK ABOUT MEN AND BE POLITICALLY CORRECT:

1. He does not have a "BEER GUT" - He has developed a "LIQUID GRAIN STORAGE FACILITY."

2. He is not a "BAD DANCER" - He is "OVERLY CAUCASIAN."

3. He does not "GET LOST ALL THE TIME" - He "INVESTIGATES ALTERNATIVE DESTINATIONS."

4. He is not "BALDING" - He is in "FOLLICLE REGRESSION."

5. He does not act like a "TOTAL a**" - He develops a case of RECTAL-CRANIAL INVERSION."

6. it’s not his "CRACK" you see hanging out of his pants - It's "REAR CLEAVAGE."

Status
Not open for further replies.