• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Bottoming: Does It Hurt?

This goes along with what most people have told me as well. I think what happens for a lot of people who experience discomfort is that they engage in anal sex when the moment strikes them instead of taking the time to prepare ahead of time. I can understand the need to prepare but it may not always be a practical ritual before anal sex and in some cases this kind ritual cleansing can really ruin the spontaneity of the moment.

I guess the real question here might be does it hurt if people take the time to prepare properly???:001_unsure:

For me it hasn't hurt as long as lube is used and you take your time getting it inside you.
Shove it in and you will hurt, not use lube and it will hurt.

Sadly, this can also take away from some of the spontaneousness of doing it whenever.

In the long run though, if it means it doesn't hurt... Then LOSE some of the spontaneousness!

For me it hasn't hurt as long as lube is used and you take your time getting it inside you.
Shove it in and you will hurt, not use lube and it will hurt.

Sadly, this can also take away from some of the spontaneousness of doing it whenever.

In the long run though, if it means it doesn't hurt... Then LOSE some of the spontaneousness!

Swm89, I am glad to hear that... I concluded a long time ago some people were built to bottom. And they can do it without any harm or pain of any kind and experience incredible amounts of pleasure. I am not one of them. As I have said before; I have done it a few times in my life. Sometimes without pain and many more times with pain. At no time did I ever derive any real pleasure from it nor was I ever able to orgasm while they were inside me. So, I can say honestly; "been there done that got the T-shirt" and it isn't for me. I totally respect those who bottom and those who can get enjoyment out of it. It is something I would only ever do to keep my partner happy about once every few years...:wink:

I have discussed this issue many times and with both men and women of all ages. Many of them have experienced anal tearing and anal hemorrhaging as a result of having anal sex. Quite a few experienced pleasure too. I used to hold 10 -15 safer sex parties a year as an AIDS educator. I let people from the group talk about their experiences and never did I suggest that anal sex was painful or pleasurable. I just listened and took notes when I wasn't presenting. Through these groups I came to know of three men and two women who discovered they either had an allergic reaction to latex or to the lubricant through anal sex. Pls. understand I am not running it down or saying that some partners get too rough. I am saying that for some people the things I have said on this thread are absolute truths that can happen through anal sex.

I truly wish and hope everyone's experiences are as wonderful as yours
Swm89... Bless your heart.:001_rolleyes:

Last edited:
Swm89, I am glad to hear that... I concluded a long time ago some people were built to bottom. And they can do it without any harm or pain of any kind and experience incredible amounts of pleasure. I am not one of them. As I have said before; I have done it a few times in my life. Sometimes without pain and many more times with pain. At no time did I ever derive any real pleasure from it nor was I ever able to orgasm while they were inside me. So, I can say honestly; "been there done that got the T-shirt" and it isn't for me. I totally respect those who bottom and those who can get enjoyment out of it. It is something I would only ever do to keep my partner happy about once every few years...:wink:

I have discussed this issue many times and with both men and women of all ages. Many of them have experienced anal tearing and anal hemorrhaging as a result of having anal sex. Quite a few experienced pleasure too. I used to hold 10 -15 safer sex parties a year as an AIDS educator. I let people from the group talk about their experiences and never did I suggest that anal sex was painful or pleasurable. I just listened and took notes when I wasn't presenting. Through these groups I came to know of three men and two women who discovered they either had an allergic reaction to latex or to the lubricant through anal sex. Pls. understand I am not running it down or saying that some partners get too rough. I am saying that for some people the things I have said on this thread are absolute truths that can happen through anal sex.

I truly wish and hope everyone's experiences are as wonderful as yours
Swm89... Bless your heart.:001_rolleyes:

Thanks for all those words Jayman.

Quite luckily all the times now that me and my BF have had anal sex we have never had any issues of much tearing and definitely no bleeding thank whatever you believe in.
Even when me and my BF have gotten a bit rougher on each other the most it has ever done is just make us sore the next day:001_tongue:
Sometimes that a fun part

Thank you again for all of your truths:biggrin:

OK, apparently I can't resist putting my 2 cents worth on the Broke Straight Boys forums. Like some of the others, I'm not a natural at this, so maybe my perspective might help someone else who wasn't born to bottom either.

I had a traumatic first experience. It was with my first real boyfriend about 3 weeks after we met. Everything was okay until I heard him say, "oh shit!". He then tells me that the condom broke. I have always been really safe and back then I was so extreme about safety that I couldn't even catch a cold from sex, much less anything else.

Needless to say, I was mortified that my first attempt something like that could happen. I was so freaked I made him get tested immediately. Fortunately it was all good, but it made the idea of anal sex seem more like having surgery than anything sexual.

After we broke up I dated pretty much only bottoms. There's an old joke about my city that says whenever you tell someone you're from here the response is, "oh so you're a bottom". I was happy with the topping, but after hearing about and seeing how much people were enjoying it, I started wondering if I was missing out on something.

I started researching and was fortunate to know someone who "demonstrated" on himself all the anatomical details and all the what, where's and hows. Hahaha it was almost like a College Boy Physicals scene! I also practiced a lot with various things to figure out the right size, rhythm, amount of lube, etc.

After I felt confident about it I tried it with a real person. It wasn't bad at all. No bleeding or anything like that. I can't know what other people are feeling, but I wonder if the pain is more psychological than physical. It certainly wasn't painful like a cramp, pinched nerve or toothache. I'd say it was more a discomfort than pain. At first I thought that my bladder was being squeezed and had to urinate. What I was really feeling was the semi-orgasmic results of the prostate being stimulated. Like someone else said, it's learning to turn what seems like pain at first into feeling good.

The most important thing is you have to RELAX. If not, it's no good. And you need to focus on what you feel. It's like the pleasure is something you learn to recognize and the more you focus on that, instead of worrying about all the logistics, the more pleasurable it becomes. I think it takes a lot of practice for some people, but when you do get comfortable with it the orgasm and what leads up to it are really much more intense and well worth it.

Attitude can also play a role. Find someone you can trust. Don't feel like you have no control. Bottoms sometimes can actually be the dominant one. There's a lot of other issues that can interfere - some feel like they are emasculated by the act and that can prevent them from enjoying it. Fear of disease or being injured is a factor for others. Working through all this stuff makes it much easier.

I've done it a few times now and it gets easier each time. It's not something I do a lot though, mainly because I'm too lazy for all the preparation. I also have never done it with anyone really big. I guess I'm about the only person not into size so much. Big dicks are, nice to look at, but sore jaws and sore ass isn't for me. Maybe it's something you work up to? I dated a guy over 10 inches once and I just couldn't get into the sex. Of course he wanted it all the time. At 6 a.m. that's the last thing on my mind. Especially after drinking till 2 a.m. We never did anal and I slept through half the experiences we had. Word got around about his endowment and friends thought I was crazy not to be into it. Oh well, better someone who appreciates that have it.

To sum it all up:
Practice with toys before you actually try a person
Learn to relax your entire body
Focus on what you feel in the penis, NOT the anus/sphincter
Try not to think so much, just stay in the moment and recognize what feels good
Remember that it is the prostate that makes it pleasurable and that's only about a couple of inches in, so regardless of size it can feel good if the top is hitting that spot
Use enough lube
Remember that it gets better with experience and it's not always going to be unpleasant
Start with someone who knows what they're doing when you're not experienced.

I'll also add that learning to bottom actually makes you a better top. It's hard to know what works best if you don't know what the bottom is getting from it.

Never thought I'd ever be giving advice on this subject of all things! Maybe my trial and error might help someone else. Have fun, be safe. Okay, class dismissed.

Toddo that is awesome advice... Thank you so much...:thumbup:

"is there gonna be a quiz on this??"

If Broke Straight Boys would hire me to teach this class to the straight models then there would have to be an oral exam as a requirement for graduation. But if they don't pass then they would be allowed to keep retaking it as many times as necessary until they get it right. :)

With the proper discipline and many long, hard hours of intellectual stimulation, constantly pounding away at the problem, it should be possible to penetrate the barrier that prevents the top of the class from reaching the bottom. This erection of a firm educational foundation allows the final thrust toward completion of the class, resulting in an ecstatic eruption of celebration and eventual implementation of the skills in the workplace.

(hahaha I really need to stop. either that or open a gay-for-pay training center!)

Teaching bottoming reminds me of chapters 1-3 of Mary Rennault's The Persian Boy. That book came out about the time I was beginning to experiment and while I would never assume that any of the pain was psychological, I do think a great deal of stress and especially fear go into making the experience either pleasurable or totally unsatisfactory.

As I recall, the trainer told the Persian eunuch, Bagoas, that the pain would only completely go away when willingness and desire entered into the process. And, of course, we all know that Bagoas became the willing and devoted companion of Alexander the Great through the entire Eastern Campaign. I just remember it sounded like such good advice to a raging romantic like me and it helped me realize that mental preparation was as significant a factor for the bottom as lube was for the top.

Reminds me of a poem.

I do recall those jousts,
winner takes all,
furtive thrusts,
in the dark,
when a clumsy teenage
battering ram achieved entry
through the castle door
and both the penetrator
and penetant,
kneeling, begging leniance,
had barely time to cry for help
before white hot lead
splattered both,
and the victor shrank and withdrew
too soon to claim a victory
or a loss.

"is there gonna be a quiz on this??"

If Broke Straight Boys would hire me to teach this class to the straight models then there would have to be an oral exam as a requirement for graduation. But if they don't pass then they would be allowed to keep retaking it as many times as necessary until they get it right. :)

Now that is the way to run a school...:w00t::001_tt2:

Ok so Update to my original post of this.

Another piece of advice I can give you is if you start bottoming, try not to wait too long until you do again!
Especially if you both were anal virgins before.

Speaking from experiance (and I don't mind sharing here) Me and my BF have been having a little bit of issues trying to have anal sex again. We had so much going on and then didn't have anal sex for a bit of time and we both have tightened up back like no other.
We are slowly working back to the times when we were doing it everyday and sometimes getting rough.

Hope we get back to that soon=)
--------
On the same note, has anyone else ever had a problem/situation/experiance like this?

Short answer for me is yes and no. It depends how it is done.

I agree that one should explore their own arse first in their own time. I find that dildos are more rigid than the real thing and therefore less comfortable.

The two sources of 'discomfort' for me comes from stretching the sphincter and pushing a cock through the bend from the rectum into the colon. Both of these can be overcome with relaxation, lube, patience, finding a comfortable position and a caring top.

Undie

Short answer for me is yes and no. It depends how it is done.

I agree that one should explore their own arse first in their own time. I find that dildos are more rigid than the real thing and therefore less comfortable.

The two sources of 'discomfort' for me comes from stretching the sphincter and pushing a cock through the bend from the rectum into the colon. Both of these can be overcome with relaxation, lube, patience, finding a comfortable position and a caring top.

Undie

Thank you for sharing that:thumbup:

My Boyf Loves it

Hi Guys,

My boyf loves being screwed and I am a big lad at 8inches and very thick, he cant get enough of it!

He says it dont hurt but when I have screwed other lads they have said it hurt like hell, but they still wanted it up there!

Keith, Welcome to the Forum. I guess everyone loves a challenge once in a while. Then again there are some guys that really enjoy getting fucked and they have the presence of mind to relax and enjoy it while others may struggle. I don't think anyone really knows why and my understanding is that the more frequent it occurs the easier it can become for the bottom. However, from everything I have read on this thread and discussed with friends it basically comes down to: desire, relaxation, preparation, and a caring top. There may be additional factors like size and so forth but for the most part the previously mentioned factors really seem to be the keys to success. Thank you for joining and posting to the Forum.:001_smile:

I think it really depends on who's doing the 'fucking' and how relaxed you are.

I know the first few times I bottomed, it hurt like hell. It took a while before I learned how to relax. That helped, but it usually hurt a little until it was in the whole way.

But then...
I met a guy - who was quite large by the way - at least 10" and he really knew what he was doing. I don't know what he did or how he did it, but even as large as he was, there was never any pain - at all (unless you count the headache I got from my head banging against the headboard). :biggrin: It wasn't until him that I actually enjoyed bottoming. Unfortunately, as a person, he turned out to be a total shithead, but he was definitely a good lay.