• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Australian Roman Catholic Church admits child sex abuse

Jon, yes there are some sad stories, but some are also full of hope. Like Mikeyank says, pedophilia will probably always be around, but, it is our place to support those who have been victims, and teach them to overcome the tragedy and learn to thrive, not inspite of it, but because of it!
And while it is sad, it is a very good thing to bring out in the open, and discuss! It is so important for victims to be able to talk about this, it is a part of the healing process.

What I did not say is that my grandmother was also a victim of sexual abuse - and from her father....

What I did not say is that my grandmother was also a victim of sexual abuse - and from her father....

That is so sad. I just can't imagine a parent abusing their own child in that way.

I know my grandmother was abused by the husband of the family she went to work for during the depression. She was 16 and her mother was dead and she was expected to help support the family. It's frightening how perceived power can be so incapacitating to some people. She was a very strong woman but could not protect herself from him, due to fear that she would lose her standing among the community and her family.

That is so sad. I just can't imagine a parent abusing their own child in that way.

I know my grandmother was abused by the husband of the family she went to work for during the depression. She was 16 and her mother was dead and she was expected to help support the family. It's frightening how perceived power can be so incapacitating to some people. She was a very strong woman but could not protect herself from him, due to fear that she would lose her standing among the community and her family.

She should have shot the bastard.

Love the new avatar, btw! Very cute!