• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Any good reading?

cfinlasvegas

Reaction score
We all belong to this site so we automatically have a degree of commonality so I am hoping a few of you might have some good gay reading suggestions that aren't the dumbed down gay books on Amazon and elsewhere in the publishing world. I like gay fiction with sex but not unrealistic sex. A story line not geared toward teenagers so much and would flat out love a good long story of a gay guy and a straight guy having one way non reciprocal sex over a long period of time who are also friends. But really just list some of your favorites. I'm not against paying for a good read but I've read some great free stories out there too. Thank you!!

Last edited:
cfinlasvegas..A friend/client of mine wrote the most wonderful Book. I could not put it down.
I read really a lot.So he has been writing this book for two years.
He was done so being my friend I ordered a copy from Amazon right away. It is hard getting a
first time book published. So it was from Amazon right off. But more and more in San Francisco and the Bay area it is moving into smaller book stores.I was so afraid I would not love it. Not being into SiFi Hunger Games etc.
There are No Apocalypse, No Zombies, No Vampires, No Magic Wands, No Dragons.
Just an extraordinary Beautiful teenager fighting for survival, freedom and love in a 22nd century
America that is twisting out of control.
And he is Gay. Takes place in 2115 San Francisco. Slavery has just been made legal again.
You can buy your boy.
It is NOT a completely Gay Book.There are a lot of strange straight people in it too.lol
Anyway I'm no great writer so I think you can find it on Facebook or Amazon..Oh. I almost forgot to tell you the name.
Called the chronicles of SPARTAK ..Rising son.. By.Steven A Coulter..He is working on book two.
I can't wait.I just loved it.

Last edited:
cfinlasvegas..A friend/client of mine wrote the most wonderful Book. I could not put it down.
I read really a lot.So he has been writing this book for two years.
He was done so being my friend I ordered a copy from Amazon right away. It is hard getting a
first time book published. So it was from Amazon right off. But more and more in San Francisco and the Bay area it is moving into smaller book stores.I was so afraid I would not love it. Not being into SiFi Hunger Games etc.
There are No Apocalypse, No Zombies, No Vampires, No Magic Wands, No Dragons.
Just an extraordinary Beautiful teenager fighting for survival, freedom and love in a 22nd century
America that is twisting out of control.
And he is Gay. Takes place in 2115 San Francisco. Slavery has just been made legal again.
You can buy your boy.
It is NOT a completely Gay Book.There are a lot of strange straight people in it too.lol
Anyway I'm no great writer so I think you can find it on Facebook or Amazon..Oh. I almost forgot to tell you the name.
Called the chronicles of SPARTAK ..Rising son.. By.Steven A Coulter..He is working on book two.
I can't wait.I just loved it.
Thank You! Just ordered a sample and I'll buy it n the morning! I knew I'd hear from you. Thanks! 84% gave it a 5 star. That ain't bad.

Thank You! Just ordered a sample and I'll buy it n the morning! I knew I'd hear from you. Thanks! 84% gave it a 5 star. That ain't bad.
And the drawing of the hero on the cover is pretty hot too!!!

spartak-cover-1.png

maxresdefault.jpg

There is a whole series of books called "Something Like . . ." by Jay Bell. First in the series was "Something Like Summer."
Each new book brings back characters from previous books. Jay is a talented writer. And these books are excellent
light reading.

There is a whole series of books called "Something Like . . ." by Jay Bell. First in the series was "Something Like Summer."
Each new book brings back characters from previous books. Jay is a talented writer. And these books are excellent
light reading.
Thank You!

We all belong to this site so we automatically have a degree of commonality so I am hoping a few of you might have some good gay reading suggestions that aren't the dumbed down gay books on Amazon and elsewhere in the publishing world. I like gay fiction with sex but not unrealistic sex. A story line not geared toward teenagers so much and would flat out love a good long story of a gay guy and a straight guy having one way non reciprocal sex over a long period of time who are also friends. But really just list some of your favorites. I'm not against paying for a good read but I've read some great free stories out there too. Thank you!!

I don't know if you're of the generation that read Gordon Merrick's novels. I fondly remember a gay tome called, The Lord Won't Mind. lol

The+Lord+Won't+Mind.jpg

I snuck that book past my parents when I was a kid!! Hadn't thought of it in years!! Thank you!

I was in my early 20's when I came out and got introduced to TLWM by other friends. I'm glad you have fond memories of it too. lol :)

I snuck that book past my parents when I was a kid!! Hadn't thought of it in years!! Thank you!
You remind me of a book I came across when I was fifteen and was amazed to figure out that other guys were also turned on by guys and penises and such. lol
But this book had a profound effect on my realizing that I was not alone in my feelings.

13630697.jpg

I'm probably the last person who should ever respond to a thread about books, since the last book I read was about the life and times of Dick, Jane, Spot and Puff. Was a pretty good book though. lol

I'm probably the last person who should ever respond to a thread about books, since the last book I read was about the life and times of Dick, Jane, Spot and Puff. Was a pretty good book though. lol

Good thing you don't read books, can you imagine the pages all bleeding into one after you take your meds?? lololol

You remind me of a book I came across when I was fifteen and was amazed to figure out that other guys were also turned on by guys and penises and such. lol
But this book had a profound effect on my realizing that I was not alone in my feelings.

13630697.jpg

I am amused by seeing this book. My first gay book was City of Night by Rechy.

CityofNightRechy.jpg

Got to this thread late. "Taking Care of Mrs. Carroll" was written by a well-known author and poet Paul Monette who, sadly died of AIDS in 1995. This is a comedy book and fun to read. Also there was a time that Patricia Nell Warren's book "The Front Runner" was a huge hit in the gay community.

Got to this thread late. "Taking Care of Mrs. Carroll" was written by a well-known author and poet Paul Monette who, sadly died of AIDS in 1995. This is a comedy book and fun to read. Also there was a time that Patricia Nell Warren's book "The Front Runner" was a huge hit in the gay community.
I really liked "The Front Runner" and wasn't there supposed to be a movie made of it starring Paul Newman as the coach, or was that just a rumor?

BantamCoverExLarge.jpg

Mike, there was a rumor that Paul Newman was going to star in the movie version, but of course nothing ever came of that. I think the time was not right and I doubt that any studio was willing to take the risk. Look how long it took to get "Brokeback Mtn." and it caused quite a stir.

Last edited:
I really liked "The Front Runner" and wasn't there supposed to be a movie made of it starring Paul Newman as the coach, or was that just a rumor?

BantamCoverExLarge.jpg

Front Runner came later in 1974. I liked it but liked The Persian Boy better. But I started out on The City & The Pillar, Giovanni's Room, City of Night, and a few others. Dhalgren was another which came out in 74 or 75 I enjoyed.