• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

About deleting threads.

scorpio

Reaction score
Hey guys,

It came to our attention that people tend to delete their own threads a lot. Please only delete threads you really feel needs to be deleted for a particular reason. Don't delete threads where people have posted. It's not fair :)

Also we have plenty of room on our server so don't delete them just to free up space, we're good :)

Thanks guys :)
Scorpio

Hey guys,

It came to our attention that people tend to delete their own threads a lot. Please only delete threads you really feel needs to be deleted for a particular reason. Don't delete threads where people have posted. It's not fair :)

Also we have plenty of room on our server so don't delete them just to free up space, we're good :)

Scorpio

Thanks Scorpio. You're quite right about being fair, that being said - what about closing threads?

Thanks,

Jayce

OK, so,I know how to delete a thread or a post, but how do I close one if it has become arcane or immaterial?

Same thing as when you close one... Go to "Thread tools" and check "Close thread" :)

Did that, No such animal!? Does not list close or delete anymore, at least on my "thread tools".

Well it did does on mine, i closed 1 yesterday i think it was

Mine too but only on threads I started myself...

You GO Scorpio!

Hey guys,

Scorpio

Hey Guys,

This is a subject that I have been quite outspoken on in PM's and a few posts. For those who post on threads that you have started it is unfair and rude (to put it very mildly) if you delete threads willy nilly. Just because you can doesn't mean that you should. I'm not talking about only posts that are filler stuff like LOL's and ITA's but posts that are a few paragraphs long. To delete posts that fellow members have put time and thought into is a slap in the face. You might just as well tell them that their time and effort isn't very important or valuable.

Back when Rswain was giving David, Blumedia and all of mgmt nothing but grief I'm sure they would have loved to have deleted many of his threads and posts. They certainly could have..but they never did. Unless a thread is taking a nasty turn where fellow members are being insulted or harassed I see few justifiable valid reasons for deleting threads. Closing them is fine though. Let's be chivalrous and respectful of one another's time, thoughts and opinions. :001_smile:

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

This is a subject that I have been quite outspoken on in PM's and a few posts. For those who post on threads that you have started it is unfair and rude (to put it very mildly) if you delete threads willy nilly. Just because you can doesn't mean that you should. I'm not talking about only posts that are filler stuff like LOL's and ITA's but posts that are a few paragraphs long. To delete posts that fellow members have put time and thought into is a slap in the face. You might just as well tell them that their time and effort isn't very important or valuable.

Back when Rswain was giving David, Blumedia and all of mgmt nothing but grief I'm sure they would have loved to have deleted many of his threads and posts. They certainly could have..but they never did. Unless a thread is taking a nasty turn where fellow members are being insulted or harassed I see few justifiable valid reasons for deleting threads. Closing them is fine though. Let's be chivalrous and respectful of one another's time, thoughts and opinions. :001_smile:

ohhhh! Rahhh!

Just as a side topic, and I know I am going to sound a little hypacritical for this post.
"Keeping on track with the thread subject"
I know I am guilty of it from time to time, as I guess a lot of us are, but i feel we need to try to keep on track with the subject of the thread. It is not easy to do this because it happens so subtly & progressively in the beginning & before we realise it the thread has changed totally from what it was meant to be.
It is easy to set up a new thread if other subjects need, or want, to be discussed or pursued.

Sorry - just my 2 cents worth for today.

Just as a side topic, and I know I am going to sound a little hypacritical for this post.
I know I am guilty of it from time to time, as I guess a lot of us are, but i feel we need to try to keep on track with the subject of the thread. It is not easy to do this because it happens so subtly & progressively in the beginning & before we realise it the thread has changed totally from what it was meant to be.
It is easy to set up a new thread if other subjects need, or want, to be discussed or pursued.

You make a very good point Ray. When I see that a subject I'm interested in has a new message, I anxiously click on it to see what has been posted, and it is something about the weather somewhere in the world. So I repeat your excellent point, "Keep on track with the thread subject". Thanks for pointing this out.

Mike

Hey Guys,

I consider myself an avid reader of this forum, but I do tend to skip threads on subjects that I do not think will appeal to me. Therefore, I guess I have missed threads that are currently being deleted. I really thought that had stopped with "Mitch's" banishment.

Tampa is 100% right in the points he made, as I remember writing long thoughtful posts on some of Mitch's threads, and then found when the heat got turned up on him, he would delete them. Is this still a prevalent practice here? I don't understand why. I have never thought of closing any of my thread's. I have posted some that got one or no responses, so it died by itself, but it is still up there deep on the board.

Thanks for pointing this out Tampa, as I was confused why Scorpio even put this up as a subject, when I had never noticed it still going on.

Mike

My two cents? Threads are like conversations. I don't insist people I'm speaking with stick to what we were talking about when we started speaking and that applies to threads too. What little gem could I miss out on if people aren't permitted to go where the currents and eddies of thought take us? I'll probably digress right until the day I die.

Wasn't Star Trek an amazing film? I especially loved the uniforms and the way the shirts would rise up a bit during fights...

Last edited:
My two cents? Threads are like conversations. I don't insist people I'm speaking with stick to what we were talking about when we started speaking and that applies to threads too. What little gem could I miss out on if people aren't permitted to go where the currents and eddies of thought take us? I'll probably digress right until the day I die.

Wasn't Star Trek and amazing film? I especially loved the uniforms and the way the shirts would rise up a bit during fights...

Im sorry i just couldnt stop myself

naughty-22.jpg

Did you know if you edit your post after it's been quoted, the quoted part in the other post doesn't change too? I've always kinda wondered about that...