• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

12-12-12 Concert for Hurricane Sandy Relief

mikeyank

Long time forumite
Reaction score
Last night was the "12-12-12"concert at Madison Square Garden for Hurricane Sandy relief. I watched the first three hours live before going to sleep, but I did record the entire concert and will watch the rest, including Billy Joel and Paul McCartney as soon as time permits.

The Rolling Stones did just two songs, but Mick delivered the line of the concert, ''This has got to be the largest collection of old English musicians ever assembled in Madison Square Garden". And the close ups of Mick Jagger's face certainly showed his age, 69 years old, but watching him dance and prance about the stage was eerily the same as when I saw him live at the same Garden stage back in 1971. That dude is in incredible shape.

And the Who is one of my favorite all time bands, and I was deeply in lust with lead singer Roger Daltry, but I thought it unnecessary for him to sing with his shirt open last night. He is in terrific shape for his age, 68, but I'd rather remember his body as it looked back in the day.

From the part I've watched so far, my favorites were the mixing of band mates with John Bon Jovi joining Bruce Springstein and the E Street band for a moving rendition of the classic Bruce song, "Born to Run", and when Roger Waters of Pink Floyd invited Eddie Vedder to sing "Comfortably Numb".

I will certainly watch the rest of the show this evening.

Attachments

• article-2247585-167D8625000005DC-254_634x576.jpg
    article-2247585-167D8625000005DC-254_634x576.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 21
  • imagesCAVOESCM.jpg
    imagesCAVOESCM.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 63
From the part I've watched so far, my favorites were the mixing of band mates with John Bon Jovi joining Bruce Springstein and the E Street band for a moving rendition of the classic Bruce song, "Born to Run".

When I read this part of your post my heart sank because I didn't think I'd ever get to see such a wonderful combination singing a classic 80s song...then, just like magic, I scrolled down and there it was! Thank you so much, Mike, for taking the time and trouble to post that special performance :001_wub:

Thanks for that Mike and yes Mick is looking well for his age (see my 2 clips on members fav music). I've studied Pink Floyd a lot and my late dad went to see the original PF do the wall in Dortmund in 1981 - he left me the concert ticket so thats how I know. I'm afraid Roger Waters version of Comfortably numb is ok but when it comes to the part when David Gilmore sings and then plays, then it is totally below par.

Nevertheless I'm glad you enjoyed the concert and I hope it gets shown over here soon.

When I read this part of your post my heart sank because I didn't think I'd ever get to see such a wonderful combination singing a classic 80s song...then, just like magic, I scrolled down and there it was! Thank you so much, Mike, for taking the time and trouble to post that special performance :001_wub:
Thanks for that Mike and yes Mick is looking well for his age (see my 2 clips on members fav music). I've studied Pink Floyd a lot and my late dad went to see the original PF do the wall in Dortmund in 1981 - he left me the concert ticket so thats how I know. I'm afraid Roger Waters version of Comfortably numb is ok but when it comes to the part when David Gilmore sings and then plays, then it is totally below par.

Nevertheless I'm glad you enjoyed the concert and I hope it gets shown over here soon.
Grace & Jon. I am so glad that you folks enjoyed the bits that I shared. It was a wonderfully moving concert and I have not yet watched Billy Joel or Paul McCartney. I wonder if there will ever again be such a collection of rock icons on one stage. It was a very special evening.

Some of you might know this but i work graveyard. Have been battling a cold so decided to stay home that night. Much to my surprise after channel surfing the concert started at 7:30 pst. Well I watched the whole 5 plus hours. Loved every musician who played and was thrilled to see Paul sing some great Wings classics. A little dissapointed the stones didn't do a few more songs, but Roger waters made up for that. Great concert for sure

Some of you might know this but i work graveyard. Have been battling a cold so decided to stay home that night. Much to my surprise after channel surfing the concert started at 7:30 pst. Well I watched the whole 5 plus hours. Loved every musician who played and was thrilled to see Paul sing some great Wings classics. A little dissapointed the stones didn't do a few more songs, but Roger waters made up for that. Great concert for sure
I'm glad that you got to see it and enjoyed it so much too, Peter. It was a very special show featuring some very special musicians, who played the sound tract of my youth.