• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall - Hurricane Sandy

Wind, especially high wind really frightens me, so Mike, Joeychuck and all others in Sandy's path...take care and know we're thinking of you.

Most hurricane victims drown, some get electrocuted by downed and submerged power lines.
President Obama declared the state of emergency, now in effect in New York too.

electrocution1.jpg

Last edited:
No hurricanes, cyclones, typhoons here in old Amsterdam. Tornado's extremely rare too. We have a great climate, winters not too cold, summers not too hot. Serious storms have wind speeds up to 100 Mph / 120 kmh.

windmolens.jpg

Last edited:
My prayers and thoughts are with all of you in Hurricane Sandy's path.

Having survived a dozen or more hurricanes on Florida's east coast, I have to say hurricanes are almost always survivable if you do what the authorities tell you and don't wait until the last minute to prepare.

Take care all.

on delmarva about 35 miles from Atlantic Ocean and Rehobeth/Ocean City.....wind is starting to pick up. All offices closed.

Well people, at 6:05 Am here in NYC absolutely NOTHING is going on here save for a few guts of wind here and there, just a typical fall day here in NYC. I am fully convinced that this is nothing more than an excuse for people with eating disorders to "act out" with food hence everyone running aroud in circles and fervor and panic in all of the grocery stores. The entire city is shut down and you can hear a pin drop and it is very eerie and we all of mandatory "days off"!!

Can you believe that we here in southern Ohio will be getting snow from Hurricane Sandy? It has been raining here now since Sunday morning and will change to a rain/snow mix tonight (Monday). Only light snow here, but 75 miles east of here in the mountains of West Virginia, 2-3 feet of snow with blizzard conditions. Good for the ski slopes, I guess. Halloween skiing, anyone?

At 9 AM in NYC, still nothing more than a light rain and a breeze, but the forecasters are still saying that by late this afternoon, lots of rain and heavy wind. I have the day off, (yeah :thumbup:), so I'll hang out, enjoying my television and computer as long as I have power. I will check back in later, as long as the power is still on.

Good luck to all in the path of Sandy! (Talk about a big blow job :blowjob: but not in a good way.)

ETA is 8:15pm Mike, and as it looks right now New York is going to own this storm; being in the worst possible spot.

At 8:00 the high tide sets in.

Anticipate no power, and no water, structural damage! Better be safe than sorry.

I'm watching over you... In case your phone does not work, try Text messages, or the Broke Straight Boys forum.

Times Square: http://earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/
NYtimes: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/10/28/nyregion/nyt-webcam.html
Harbor: http://nyharborwebcam.com/
Lady Liberty: http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/statueofliberty/?cam=liberty_hd#.UI55XWIUpUw.twitter

Last edited:
Is Mike still online?

MikeYank is so quiet, I fear he is without power as one of the 5 million people.

sandy.newyork.manhattan.jpg

xlarge.jpg

sandy-crane.jpg

aptopix-superstorm-sandy.jpeg2-460x3071.jpg

Last edited:
It is way past Mikey's bedtime. If he is without power, he probably doesn't even know it.:laidback:

I'm Back in the New York Groove

Around 8 PM last night, the television went off, but actually all I lost was my cable connection, which cut off the television, telephone and my computer, so I was out of touch, but the electricity never went off. And now it is all working again.

I had the radio on all night and it was very difficult in the low lying areas of Manhattan, Jersey, Long Island and parts of Brooklyn, but all seems well now, except we are cut off from Manhattan as subways will be out indefinitely, and all of the tunnels and bridges remain closed as well.

But the main thing is I'm safe and sound as the cleanup begins.

Thanks to Robert and Ms. K and all my forum friends who were concerned, but I survived the storm. :thumbup1:

All I can say is.....WOW!! WOW!! WOW!! I totally underestimated this storm and it was more than frightening. I am happy to report that those of us here on the UWS of Manhattan still have power even though we had massive flickering of lights during the height of the storm which scared the fuck out of me. Our lives have been placed on temporary hold since half the city is without power and is completely flooded over and it may be DAYS until the transportation system is back on again. This has been one of the worst storms in history.

Just saw yout post.

Around 8 PM last night, the television went off, but actually all I lost was my cable connection, which cut off the television, telephone and my computer, so I was out of touch, but the electricity never went off. And now it is all working again.

I had the radio on all night and it was very difficult in the low lying areas of Manhattan, Jersey, Long Island and parts of Brooklyn, but all seems well now, except we are cut off from Manhattan as subways will be out indefinitely, and all of the tunnels and bridges remain closed as well.

Thanks to Robert and Ms. K and all my forum friends who were concerned, but I survived the storm. :thumbup1:

Dear Mikeyank,

Great to see that you are live and kicking amongst all the destruction. Maybe now would be a good time to add a hobby you can do inside your home, other than the obvious one!:sign0020: And besides, double-dipping doesn't count!

Sincerely happy you are well and unharmed,

Stimpy

PS Just wondering if "Jocknuts" cums in both the "Slightly Salty" variety as well as "Salty". My Doctor warned me not to overdue the "Salt"!

I'm so glad to hear you're okay, Mikey. I was thinking about you as well as my friends who live in Queens. I've been so very lucky. Here in my area of Pennsylvania, most of the damage missed us. I never lost power and there weren't many downed trees. Just a lot of wind and rain. With so many areas around me having so much trouble, I can't help feeling that I truly dodged a bullet. I'm glad to hear you made you made it through relatively unscathed.

Glad you're okay Mike but pissed off that you couldn't name the rest of your friends on your post. My thoughts go out to the families of the 33 people (UK reports) that have passed on as a result of this terrible storm.