• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

"Wait for it......."

betudidntknow

BSB Addict
Reaction score
I had an "Epiphany" of sorts today! I noticed that when I hear something or read something, my initial response can often be based on "JUST THE INFORMATION I AM GETTING." When I wait a while, gather more "information" I realize some things can be very different from it's original way presented to me! There used to be a radio talk show host, Paul Harvey, his line at the end of the show was, "....And now you know the rest...of the story." Seems quite relevant to me on the boards.....lately!:closedeyes:

So true. When there is a new post and am not sure I completely understood, I will wait for a few more responses before I write anything. On the other hand, I do it different on the scenes page. I will view the scene first and comment before I read any of the other comments. I do not want them influencing my interpretation of the scene. There have been a couple of times that I have read the comments first and there were so many negative comments, I skipped viewing the scene altogether. There are some scenes that have not lived up to my expectations, but if it has one of my favorite models, it is good enough for me.

I do not recall ever hearing Paul Harvey on the radio, but I do remember seeing his TV presentation regularly.

So true. When there is a new post and am not sure I completely understood, I will wait for a few more responses before I write anything. On the other hand, I do it different on the scenes page. I will view the scene first and comment before I read any of the other comments. I do not want them influencing my interpretation of the scene. There have been a couple of times that I have read the comments first and there were so many negative comments, I skipped viewing the scene altogether. There are some scenes that have not lived up to my expectations, but if it has one of my favorite models, it is good enough for me.

I do not recall ever hearing Paul Harvey on the radio, but I do remember seeing his TV presentation regularly.
I didn't realize that you are also a "scenes page" poster too Louis. I wonder when that feature started, as I only became aware of it a few months ago. For me it was like discovering an alternate universe of Broke Straight Boys fans, almost a "Bizzaro" world forum. :confused1:

th

As far as Paul Harvey, he was a legendary radio broadcaster. As a teenager in the 1960's I used to listen to WABC radio in New York City, which was a rock and roll station, but each day they had a morning newscast by Paul, in his distinctive staccato style of breaking up sentences and changing the pitch of his voice. He also incorporated his commercials right into his newscasts. He certainly stood out from the typical radio announcers, and I also remember when he started his show "The rest of the story", which betu referred to. Paul Harvey lasted through many decades and was a unique performer, so now you know the rest of the story! :cool:

I had an "Epiphany" of sorts today! I noticed that when I hear something or read something, my initial response can often be based on "JUST THE INFORMATION I AM GETTING." When I wait a while, gather more "information" I realize some things can be very different from it's original way presented to me! There used to be a radio talk show host, Paul Harvey, his line at the end of the show was, "....And now you know the rest...of the story." Seems quite relevant to me on the boards.....lately!:closedeyes:

Have you been drinking Betu ? I didn't understand a word of that lol.. It's a bit early in the day dear, maybe you need some counselling ha ha

True and Accurate Betu.......never hurts to take a second look,....

I miss Paul Harvey....I worked construction back in the 70's and would listen to him every day at lunch......always a great story......

LOVED Paul Harvey. Years ago when I often laid over in Tokyo for my job, his was the only English speaking program on the radio besides some BBC news. The TV was worthless. Nothing in English... not even with subtitles!

It was like listening to an old fashion mystery (but his were really stories) where you don't get the last clue or plot twist until the end.

Dates us all!!!

LOVED Paul Harvey. Years ago when I often laid over in Tokyo for my job, his was the only English speaking program on the radio besides some BBC news. The TV was worthless. Nothing in English... not even with subtitles!

It was like listening to an old fashion mystery (but his were really stories) where you don't get the last clue or plot twist until the end.

Dates us all!!!

I didn't really think anyone else would remember Paul Harvey's Show! I am surprised in a delightful way, but....it does date me too!