• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Update on my Jon

Oops, that should be He Will start therapy. Not we.
As usual, that is what I get for not proofreading before I submit.

Gary

Oops, that should be He Will start therapy. Not we.
As usual, that is what I get for not proofreading before I submit.

Gary

Gary, you have your hands full taking care of Jon. We understand if you make a mistake. Besides I do it all of the time. I catch it where I can and if I don't oh, well...:wink:

Jayman, I am really picky about my punctuations, spelling and the way I say things. I am harder on myself than I am when I am reading something that someone else has posted.
We're not perfect.
Then sometimes, my fingers get to typing faster than my mind is working and visa versa.
I just laugh at myself and say, "You dummy"

Gary

Best of luck to Jon with the PT. Hang in there Gary. Things will get better. It sounds like Jon has a good attitude about beating this bump in the road.

Jayman, I am really picky about my punctuations, spelling and the way I say things. I am harder on myself than I am when I am reading something that someone else has posted.
We're not perfect.
Then sometimes, my fingers get to typing faster than my mind is working and visa versa.
I just laugh at myself and say, "You dummy"

Gary

Bless your heart, I know you do your best always. What I am saying is we are human and we can only focus on so much at once time mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

Like you, I do my best to not make any typos or errors in grammar. I run spell check frequently. Many times I even run grammar check just to be sure. Yet, I still find a mistake or two a few days later. Thanks to the recently imposed 5 min. rule we cannot edit those messages without going through mgt. So, I have had to accept that mistakes happen. Mgt. had good reason to impose the 5 min. rule... So, I will never challenge that.

We are not bad people because we make a mistake or grammatical error. God made us perfect whole and complete just the way we are. Orientation, race/ethnicity, developmentally challenged, anal retentive, OCD, ADD, ADHD, hearing impaired, visually impaired, or developmentally challenged in some capacity etc... we were all made perfect whole and complete just the way we are. I used to say things like goof ball , dummy, and sometimes worse. Then I realized that our words, our thoughts, and our actions have energy and the ability to affect our lives positively or negatively. So, I have had to learn that I am here for fun and entertainment. Making a mistake here can certainly affect how some members perceive us but in general I think "Let he/she who is with out sin cast the first stone." So, I accept, "to err is human." :wink:

Hey All. I have just had the best couple of days in a long time.
Jon called me yesterday afternoon and wanted to come over for awhile, so I went and picked him up. Went went to WalMart and he done real good on his own walking without his walker. He eventually grabbed on to the shopping cart for support. I think I wore him out there. He was glad to get back to my place. We rested for a bit then went out for dinner and then came back home. We went back over to his mom's where he is staying so that he could pick up his meds for this morning. Yes, he did stay last night. He has done real good going up and down the steps as I live in an upstairs apt. He was behind him though just in case he lost his balance or footing.
He's no longer wearing the eye patch over his left eye. He still has some double vision, but said that it is correcting itself more and more. He of course has the limp due to the paralization on his left side. I made a comment about that to him last night and he said just call him the "pimp with the limp". His speech is getting better too.
I took him over to Pizza Hut this evening for supper then we came back here and he gathered his stuff up and I took him back home. I really had a great time and have seen quite a remarkable improvement in him over the past 3 months.
He has an MRI in Seattle this Tuesday at Harborview Medical Center. His doctor that did the surgery wants to see if there is any bleeding in or around the brain. Will keep you all posted.

Always, Gary

Thanks Gary,

I'm glad to hear that he is progressing well in his recovery. Best of luck to both of you. :001_smile:

Gary that is awesome news... I am very exited for the two of you. I am sure that seeing his improvement helped calm your mind nerves a great deal. I think both of you will sleep better after this.

The human body is capable of incredible feats. Both Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan suffered broken backs and both were told they would never walk again. Amazingly, Bruce Lee's movie career and the style of martial arts he developed called Jeet Kun Do prospered after he recovered from his accident. Jackie Chan's accident took place while doing his own stunts in one of the the last movies he made before coming to America. He has made at least 15 movies since then and he continues to do his own stunts. Another guy I knew was diagnosed with cancer when I was a kid he was told he had about a month to live. He never went through tx or took modern medication. Six months later there was no sign of cancer. It went into complete remission.

It sounds like Jon is on his way toward a full recovery... I will continue to send my prayers and healing energy to help where I can. :001_smile:

This is great news Gary, thanks for keeping us posted. I will keep my fingers crossed, and all of you in my prayers as your Jon continues his recovery.

Abe

Me and Jon text'd each other earlier today and he had his MRI this morning. Will know the results of that test in a few days.

Gary

hi all gary's jon here. i'm doing well hope your all ok too keep gary in line haha talk to you all soon

Great hearing from you Jon. Hope you know that we have all been hoping that you make a speedy recovery.

Wow, did I have to go back a ways to find this thread.

Jon is doing pretty good. He has completed all of the therapy that they can give him and went to his last doctor's appt last month.

He moved back in with his mom the first of this month in preparation for their move to Oklahoma later this month. I took them down to the bus station on Friday so that they could get their bus tickets and also took them over to get boxes from UHaul and a few other errands.
Today, I ran them over to get their hair cut and to Burger King for lunch.
It will be sad to see Jon leave but I get a good feeling that he and his mom will be a lot happier back there since that is where all of her family is.
Me and my roommate Rod are taking them out to dinner this weekend as a going away treat. We are going to Black Angus, something that I know Tracy and Jon can not afford and it will be a treat to them.
Jon keeps assuring me that he will keep in touch and if I know his mom as well as I do, she will make sure that he keeps in touch with us, as will she too.

Will keep everyone posted.
Gary