• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

The Hopeless Romantic

Kham you just keep them" boring post" cumming I for one like them and everyone has the right to post any time they wont to. most of the time I laugh at them.

with love and respect;

My middle son is also a hopeless romantic. Each year he brings me a homemade Mother's Day card - it's a long story - this verse was from his sophomore year in high school. I feel almost like a Jewish mother when I say, "Oh, Denver, have I got a son for you!" rifle

Mama you made me take the garbage out last night
And I was so mad I pouted till supper
When you fixed my favorite bread pudding
And I got even by not telling you how good it was
But you didn't pout; you asked me if I wanted more.

Mama you came to hear my speech at Lion's Club today
And everyone applauded and told me how good it was
And you wanted to take me out to celebrate
But I said I had plans to meet my friends from school
So you gave me twenty dollars and hugged my neck instead.

Mama I was two hours late coming in on Saturday night
I saw you waiting up through the window as I pulled in
And I made a big excuse about running out of gas
But you were already gone when I came inside the house
So I turned out the light by your chair and tiptoed to bed.

Mama please know that each time you silently speak your love
The child in me is grateful for the punishment escaped
And takes the opportunity to skip away untouched
While the adult I am suffers the guilt of having once again
Allowed you to show your love while I have hidden mine.

Wow, that was beautiful... Thank you for sharing. Jack Canfield eat your heart out. LOL

Wow, that was beautiful... Thank you for sharing. Jack Canfield eat your heart out. LOL

That is one special kid you raised Rifle. He sure knows that he's loved. And isn't that what it's all about?

My middle son is also a hopeless romantic. Each year he brings me a homemade Mother's Day card - it's a long story - this verse was from his sophomore year in high school. I feel almost like a Jewish mother when I say, "Oh, Denver, have I got a son for you!" rifle

Mama you made me take the garbage out last night
And I was so mad I pouted till supper
When you fixed my favorite bread pudding
And I got even by not telling you how good it was
But you didn't pout; you asked me if I wanted more.

Mama you came to hear my speech at Lion's Club today
And everyone applauded and told me how good it was
And you wanted to take me out to celebrate
But I said I had plans to meet my friends from school
So you gave me twenty dollars and hugged my neck instead.

Mama I was two hours late coming in on Saturday night
I saw you waiting up through the window as I pulled in
And I made a big excuse about running out of gas
But you were already gone when I came inside the house
So I turned out the light by your chair and tiptoed to bed.

Mama please know that each time you silently speak your love
The child in me is grateful for the punishment escaped
And takes the opportunity to skip away untouched
While the adult I am suffers the guilt of having once again
Allowed you to show your love while I have hidden mine.

Rifle, congratulations. The kind of verbal articulation that you both possess is a terrific luxury when expressing with metaphysical exactitude how you feel about another person. Some people successfully communicate their love by gestures and deeds, mute kindnesses, simple phrases and gentle gazes. You two obviously have all that, but as his poem proves, eloquence moves love onto another plane.

To that special someone:

Somewhere there is someone who dreams of your smile. And sees their fated stars in your eyes, for you are the answer to eternity and the light that reaches into my heart. My love for you will be seen until gray hairs and old age accepts me but it will always be young in my heart.

To that special someone:

Somewhere there is someone who dreams of your smile. And sees their fated stars in your eyes, for you are the answer to eternity and the light that reaches into my heart. My love for you will be seen until gray hairs and old age accepts me but it will always be young in my heart.

I think I'm swooning! LOL

Is that your quote or someone else's?

Last edited:
To that special someone:

Denver you have the sweetest heart. :001_wub: :tongue_smilie:

To that special someone:

Alright now Den, fess up! Are you thinking you may have found someone? Because USUALLY, people who talk like the quote above, are in the throes of some type of romantic lust. So, what is it? Enquiring friends want to know, (and we'd be so happy for you too!) Oh, and if this is your dream, then it is a beautiful one, and, either way, thank you for sharing it with us!

Alright now Den, fess up! Are you thinking you may have found someone? Because USUALLY, people who talk like the quote above, are in the throes of some type of romantic lust. So, what is it? Enquiring friends want to know, (and we'd be so happy for you too!) Oh, and if this is your dream, then it is a beautiful one, and, either way, thank you for sharing it with us!

Haha no I haven't found anyone yet. I was just thinking about what I would say if I did have someone. Feel free to use it on the people whom you love :)

Denver, which one are you in the avatar photo? The guy on the left or the right?
Thanks again for that inspired bit of prose!

I am the guy on the right. The one with the longsleeved vertical stripped shirt

Den, there's not a soul on the forum who wouldn't give a lot for that shirt to be well and truly stripped. :001_tongue:

And maybe get the recently stripped boy horizontal instead of vertical...

Den, there's not a soul on the forum who wouldn't give a lot for that shirt to be well and truly stripped. :001_tongue:

And maybe get the recently stripped boy horizontal instead of vertical...

Denver, I now think I have a handle on the problem. It's not that guys aren't interested, just (and I'm being honest here, not facetious) I think maybe they're a little intimidated by the good looks. Personally, I might hesitate to talk to you in a social setting, because I'd figure we both knew you could (with your looks,) "do so much better than to hook up with me". I gotta tell ya, the overall package is pretty damn nice there, Den!
And ditto, for what Slim says!

Denver, I now think I have a handle on the problem. It's not that guys aren't interested, just (and I'm being honest here, not facetious) I think maybe they're a little intimidated by the good looks. Personally, I might hesitate to talk to you in a social setting, because I'd figure we both knew you could (with your looks,) "do so much better than to hook up with me". I gotta tell ya, the overall package is pretty damn nice there, Den!
And ditto, for what Slim says!

You shouldn't be intimidated by me! I am ugly what are you talking about ;) lol. I am usually the one who is intimidated by other guys...I am a little shy in social settings.

You say you gotta go and find yourself
You say that you’re becoming someone else
Don’t recognize the face in the mirror looking back at you

You say you’re leaving as you look away
I know there’s really nothing left to say
Just know I’m here whenever you need me
I’ll wait for you

So I’ll let you go
I’ll set you free
And when you see what you need to see
When you find you
Come back to me

Take your time I won’t go anywhere
Picture you with the wind in your hair
I’ll keep your things right where you left them
I’ll be here for you

Oh and I’ll let you go
I’ll set you free
When you find you
Come back to me

And I hope you find everything that you need
I’ll be right here waiting to see
You find you come back to me

I can’t get close if your not there
I can’t get inside if there’s no soul to bear
I can’t fix you
I can’t save you
It’s something you have to do ouuuh

So I’ll let you go
I’ll set you free
When you find you
Come back to me
Come back to me

So I’ll let you go
I’ll set you free
When you find you
Come back to me
And I hope you find everything that you need
I’ll be right here waiting to see
You find you
Come back to me

You shouldn't be intimidated by me! I am ugly what are you talking about ;) lol. I am usually the one who is intimidated by other guys...I am a little shy in social settings.

OMG you are crazy and I am going to slap you. You get hit on all the time so don't even go there.

Mark