• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Surprise me

BiGurl0527

Reaction score
Since the 10 facts have done so well I thought this might be fun to do, Tell one or more facts that would be surprise others about your good 'ole days. This could be any number of things like you were the class president, the jock of the school, the cheerleader or the school geek.

I was talking to deidra today and as we are being coming the great friends we are :) things are comming out that people where I live would already know but its kinda funny to remember she doesnt know.

So we were talking about how many friends we had on face book and I said I didnt think I was that popular in high school I just liked people and after I got face book I realized how many people remembered me from high school, it boggled my mind. I was named prom queen my eleventh grade year. I still think it was a accident :p it didnt really count cause it wasnt senior year and never felt like one of the cool kids. I was even blonde blonde for a long time.

I skipped 3 years of school, and I didn't attend grades 6-8. When I was 12 I got pneumonia and my mother let me take a year and a half off of school to volunteer for the National Organization for Women where she was Regional Director of the South Central United States chapter.....

I was voted "most school spirited" in High School. Think it was mainly 'cause I've got a big mouth and could yell really loud at pep rallies.

Just recently a former classmate tracked me down and we have started communicating for the first time in almost 30 years.

I'm not on spacebook or myface or any of those social networks, so someone's really gotta search to find me.

Forward
Chafu213

Oh got one more thinking of school... I joined the boys wrestling team my Freshmen year of school because my brother bet me I wouldnt last one pratice. I lasted all season. I only won twice but I had great fun doing it.

I played the part of one of the twins in Peter Pan, wasn't a bit part thank god. Sang with my sister in the school concert too.

I had the lead in a couple of high school musicals....OK, reboot memory banks now....one was Carousel and the other was Once Upon a Mattress. If you asked me today to sing even one of the songs for either of those plays, there's no way I could do it. Selective memory, I guess.

I do remember I sang one song called "I'm in Love with a Girl Named Fred"

Forward
Chafu213

surprise you?

i was a big theater nerd in high school. senior year i played joseph in joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat.

i was short until the summer between 7th and 8th grade where i began growing like a weed.

i brought my boyfriend to my senior prom. we were crowned prom kings.

i'm a video game nerd, my wii is my bitch.

With my degree in culinary arts, I took my mother's fudge recipe and adapted it and now make 28 different flavors of fudge, ranging from coconut cream to chocolate covered cherry to mint chocolate chip. I even make pina colada fudge.

I had the lead in a couple of high school musicals....OK, reboot memory banks now....one was Carousel and the other was Once Upon a Mattress. If you asked me today to sing even one of the songs for either of those plays, there's no way I could do it. Selective memory, I guess.

I do remember I sang one song called "I'm in Love with a Girl Named Fred"

Forward
Chafu213

You don't know show tunes? Turn in your gay card!

I am the catering director for PF Changs. My restaurant is the pilot program for all the PF Changs. We mainly cater to businesses but have now branched out to private caterings. I was also the director of caterings for the 96 Olympics in Atlanta at just 20 years old.

I am also an old school raver. I threw my first event in 92. The largest party I ever threw had a little over 5,000 people. Things were a lot different back in the day...lol. Now I am a club promoter on the side and book DJs from all over the world for different clubs here in NC.

With my degree in culinary arts, I took my mother's fudge recipe and adapted it and now make 28 different flavors of fudge, ranging from coconut cream to chocolate covered cherry to mint chocolate chip. I even make pina colada fudge.

I'll gladly sample the coconut cream and perhaps some chocolate pecan.

That just made me think of Esther Price Chocolate. She covers Mike Sells's potato chips in milk chocolate. Yum!

Oh love this stuff :) this a great thread. It's been funny to read the different things about you all !

I took piano lessons for roughly 10 years and can only remember the right hand to a Bach minuet that I learned very early on. I played the clarinet for 8 years, was in marching band and concert band, and my junior and senior year of high school I was in both swing and concert choirs.

I was a competitive swimmer from the time I was 6 until my junior year of high school. My specialties were butterfly and IM, (individual medley). Breaststroke is my worst stroke;) My very own annual personal fitness test involves a pool and two laps of butterfly. If I can still do that without stopping, things must not be too bad... and so far, so good!

Last edited:
You don't know show tunes? Turn in your gay card!

LOL....honestly tho', I was very involved in music, choral groups, and drama productions while in High School. Even toured Europe with a choral group when I was 15. So much so, that in college, I minored in Vocal Music (and did another tour of Europe with the Men's Glee Club), while majoring in Math Education, with Swahili as my language. Not sure what any of those has to do with the others.

Then I got into international education and the opportunities didn't arise as much. Got into other things, started smoking cigarettes (dumbest mistake of my life) and now those times are just a fading memory.

I actually don't even like musicals any more.

Chafu213

Wow, I think I just gained 10lbs. thinking about those suculant creations. I will have to place an order sometime.:thumbup: