• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Some Good Music

I remember that song also. And, again, the music is beautiful, but I really have no idea what Leonard is talking about.

I remember that song also. And, again, the music is beautiful, but I really have no idea what Leonard is talking about.

Hi Tim, I don't think anyone apart from Mr Cohen knows what his songs are on about. I love songs who's lyrics are as cryptic as Nostradamus' predictions. Cohen's fits that bill. :newhere:

I think you are right, Jon. Maybe even Mr. Cohen is not too sure what he is talking about. Maybe the string of words, with the music, sounded just fine.

Oh, forget to tell you type in Buddy Holly for that time frame. Or probably others. You have to wait for it to load.

Am currently reading a biography of Bob Dylan. Ran across this site while trying to find the old tunes from the late 50s to early 60s.

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Buddy+Holly/similarartists
Thanks for the link to that song, Tim. I know very little about Buddy Holly, except for hearing a few of his hits on "oldies" stations over the years. But this is a fine version of "Not Fade Away". While listening to it, I read some of the reader comments on the site, and many are taken with the line, "My love is bigger than a Cadillac".

I know the song as the first Rolling Stones song released in America, during the early days of the "British Invasion". With Buddy's version it is easier to understand all the lyrics. It's fun to listen to some of the American influences on the British acts that dominated American radio during the mid sixties.

Thanks for the link to that song, Tim. I know very little about Buddy Holly, except for hearing a few of his hits on "oldies" stations over the years. But this is a fine version of "Not Fade Away". While listening to it, I read some of the reader comments on the site, and many are taken with the line, "My love is bigger than a Cadillac".

I know the song as the first Rolling Stones song released in America, during the early days of the "British Invasion". With Buddy's version it is easier to understand all the lyrics. It's fun to listen to some of the American influences on the British acts that dominated American radio during the mid sixties.

I used to think that the line was "my wife is bigger than a Cadillac" :wtf:

I used to think that the line was "my wife is bigger than a Cadillac" :wtf:
Buddy Holly was such a skinny lad Jon. I would think he might have been crushed if your version were correct. :frown:

Attachments

• buddy-holly-a.jpg
    buddy-holly-a.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 20