• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Shooting at subway station in Brooklyn

mikeyank

Long time forumite
Reaction score
I am on my way to Penn Station in Manhattan to take the Long Island Railroad to visit friends on Long Island. But I see on the news that there has been a shooting and or explosion on a subway platform in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. I am going to be away today, but I wanted to say that I am fine. If I don’t post all day, and people hear of this incident, I wanted to let you know that I am fine.

I will write more tonight when we all know more about what happened.

Thanks so much Mikey. Be safe. I'm glad to know in advance that were not anywhere near that station when the violence went down.

On second thought, I called my friends and cancelled my trip to Long Island. I’m staying home today.

Thanks Tampa.

I read on yahoo of the shooting, smart move on your part. Please stay safe.

On second thought, I called my friends and cancelled my trip to Long Island. I’m staying home today.

Thanks Tampa.

I'm glad. If I were you and I didn't absolutely have to leave the house for something important today, I would've stayed home too. :)

Today the subways are all open again and I am going to work, both today and tomorrow to put in my two days this week. I won’t go into the details of the “person of interest” that the police and FBI are searching for, as this is a national story and you can follow it on cable news, but it was quite an event. This is the wrong kind of publicity for New York City, but I still feel safe as this random act yesterday is comparable to the shootings all across the country. It seems to me so obviously that guns are just too fucking easy to get. Until the ability to get firearms is stopped, these things will keep happening in more and more places all over the U.S.

I do expect to see perhaps twice as many cops on the subway this morning than before yesterday’s incident. More cops does help, but it is the guns that are the issue to me.

Today the subways are all open again and I am going to work, both today and tomorrow to put in my two days this week. I won’t go into the details of the “person of interest” that the police and FBI are searching for, as this is a national story and you can follow it on cable news, but it was quite an event. This is the wrong kind of publicity for New York City, but I still feel safe as this random act yesterday is comparable to the shootings all across the country. It seems to me so obviously that guns are just too fucking easy to get. Until the ability to get firearms is stopped, these things will keep happening in more and more places all over the U.S.

I do expect to see perhaps twice as many cops on the subway this morning than before yesterday’s incident. More cops does help, but it is the guns that are the issue to me.

I just read a news flash that the suspect has just been arrested. Hopefully that will alleviate somewhat the stress that you and your neighbors must be going through.

Glad you’re ok, Mikeyank.

Thank you guys for your good thoughts. I got home from work a little while ago and everything is fine. However I held back one piece of information yesterday and this morning before I left for work. The subway station I use to go to and from work is “the station” where the shooting took place yesterday morning right before the doors opened at 36th Street. What a random circumstance. I just googled it and see that there are 472 subway stations throughout New York City and this happened at the one in a quiet residential neighborhood where the business that I work for has their office.

Three things, 1) I don’t work on Tuesdays which is when the violence happened, 2) I arrive at the station at about 9:30AM and the gunman did his dirty work at 8:30 AM, and 3) It was on a north bound, towards Manhattan train, and I take the southbound, toward Bay Ridge train, but still I would consider it a very close call.

This morning when I arrived at the 36th Street station and came up the stairs into the street, the news media was all over the street. These are some pics I took.

59661DAB-2A32-4C8E-935E-BF520710A44A.jpg

0C036F28-6B78-438B-970D-B6CA900366AE.jpg

C53D8F49-ABBE-4EF6-AA41-7F654920C08D.jpg

And on my way home an hour and a half ago, even with the gunman captured, in the East Village of Manhattan there were still reporters and cameras set up, but they seemed to be winding up their two days of coverage there.

B19E776F-512B-4848-A5F7-E5AF2D1C8E5C.jpg

And as I was waiting for my train to come in, I decided to take a pic of the subway platform which was shown over and over on Cable and local news yesterday, Tonight it was a calm scene.

580ECE1F-BFB0-46CF-BA94-272B092DA608.jpg

On my train ride home, I actually felt a sense of calm that the incident was over and I noticed my fellow passengers seemed relaxed as well. As I said, this is one station out of 472 and it was a very random act of a nut job. I see shootings on TV all the time across the country at schools, shopping malls, movie theaters, night clubs, concerts, etc. I honestly don’t consider the New York City subways any more dangerous than just about any town in the U.S. I’ve lived in the city my entire life and New Yorkers don’t get phased by random acts like this. Thank goodness that no one was killed.

Thank you guys for your good thoughts. I got home from work a little while ago and everything is fine. However I held back one piece of information yesterday and this morning before I left for work. The subway station I use to go to and from work is “the station” where the shooting took place yesterday morning right before the doors opened at 36th Street. What a random circumstance. I just googled it and see that there are 472 subway stations throughout New York City and this happened at the one in a quiet residential neighborhood where the business that I work for has their office.

Three things, 1) I don’t work on Tuesdays which is when the violence happened, 2) I arrive at the station at about 9:30AM and the gunman did his dirty work at 8:30 AM, and 3) It was on a north bound, towards Manhattan train, and I take the southbound, toward Bay Ridge train, but still I would consider it a very close call.

This morning when I arrived at the 36th Street station and came up the stairs into the street, the news media was all over the street. These are some pics I took.

View attachment 58286

View attachment 58287

View attachment 58288

And on my way home an hour and a half ago, even with the gunman captured, in the East Village of Manhattan there were still reporters and cameras set up, but they seemed to be winding up their two days of coverage there.

View attachment 58289

And as I was waiting for my train to come in, I decided to take a pic of the subway platform which was shown over and over on Cable and local news yesterday, Tonight it was a calm scene.

View attachment 58290

On my train ride home, I actually felt a sense of calm that the incident was over and I noticed my fellow passengers seemed relaxed as well. As I said, this is one station out of 472 and it was a very random act of a nut job. I see shootings on TV all the time across the country at schools, shopping malls, movie theaters, night clubs, concerts, etc. I honestly don’t consider the New York City subways any more dangerous than just about any town in the U.S. I’ve lived in the city my entire life and New Yorkers don’t get phased by random acts like this. Thank goodness that no one was killed.

It's really amazing how New Yorkers have the capacity to endure horror one day and just resume their normal routines the day after. All my best wishes to them!

I could only read a bit but enough to follow & of course did follow your pictures. TY for putting a face to yet another tragic story.

I could only read a bit but enough to follow & of course did follow your pictures. TY for putting a face to yet another tragic story.

I’m sorry that you’re having trouble reading br. Can your son take you to an eye doctor or have a doctor come see you? You should not let this go without medical attention.

I asked my doctor to get me a visiting optometrist yesterday, they have yet to get back to me. TY for asking. My left eye is a bit better today but I have greatly slashed my posting. I can see the images I post but not the numbers. This post is viewable but still somewhat blurred. Let this be a lesson no matter how good the cause you pay a big price for eye staining in my case reading microfilm & microfiche in dark rooms.