• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Russia: New anti gay propaganda law in effect

Oh my God. That poor kid. He's terrified. They did post that video and have made his life hell forever possibly. He may not even be alive.

Is there any wonder why the struggle for acceptance must continue?

Is there any wonder why the struggle for acceptance must continue?

Yelena Isinbayeva claims 'I have been misunderstood' after backlash for backing Russia's anti-gay law
16 Aug 2013
Russian pole vault great Yelena Isinbayeva has tried to defuse the row over her anti-gay remarks by claiming she was “misunderstood” and that she did not support discrimination against homosexuals.

yesterday Isinbayeva, who is also an ambassador for next year’s Sochi Winter Olympics, issued a written statement in an attempt to clarify her remarks. She said: “English is not my first language and I think I may have been misunderstood when I spoke yesterday. What I wanted to say was that people should respect the laws of other countries, particularly when they are guests. But let me make it clear, I respect the views of my fellow athletes and let me state in the strongest terms that I am opposed to any discrimination against gay people on the grounds of their sexuality [which is against the Olympic charter].”
source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...acklash-for-backing-Russias-anti-gay-law.html

Deadly homophobia: Man ‘killed for being gay’ in Southern Russia

May 13, 2013
read: http://rt.com/news/man-killed-homophobia-russia-198/

Murdered Because He Was Gay– Is This Russia’s Matthew Shepard?

May 21,2013
read: http://www.vocativ.com/05-2013/brutal-anti-gay-murder-in-russia-shines-spotlight-on-homophobia/

Gay man killed in Russia's second suspected hate crime in weeks

Mon Jun 3, 2013
read: http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/06/03/uk-russia-killing-gay-idUKBRE9520A120130603

Gay Teenager Kidnapped And Tortured By Russian Neo Nazi Group Is Believed To Have Died From His Injuries

August 6, 2013

criminals2.jpg

read: http://www.thegailygrind.com/2013/08/06/gay-teenager-kidnapped-and-tortured-by-russian-neo-nazi-group-is-believed-to-have-died-from-his-injuries-video/

From Russia with hate

Russian TV Official Dehumanizes Gays On Popular News Program
08/11/2013
Deputy General Director of the Russian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company, Dmitri Kisilev recently dehumanized gays on a popular, government-run television program broadcast by the state-owned network Rossiya(1).
His translated comments state, "I think that just imposing fines on gays for homosexual propaganda among teenagers is not enough. They should be banned from donating blood, sperm. And their hearts, in case of the automobile accident, should be buried in the ground or burned as unsuitable for the continuation of life."
The audience applauded after Kisilev's comments.
read more: http://www.towleroad.com/2013/08/ru...nizes-gays-on-popular-news-program-video.html

courtesy of the bbc

Prison Break star Wentworth Miller has refused an invitation to a film festival in St Petersburg in protest over Russia's new anti-gay laws.
"It would make me happy to say yes," he wrote in a letter to festival director Maria Averbakh. "However, as a gay man, I must decline."
Wentworth, who was to be honoured at the festival, said he was "deeply troubled" by attitudes in Russia.
The new laws ban the promotion of gay, lesbian or bisexual issues.
In June, the Russian parliament overwhelmingly backed a bill which prescribes heavy fines for anyone organising a gay pride event or providing information about homosexuality to people under 18.
"I am deeply troubled by the current attitude toward and treatment of gay men and women by the Russian government," wrote Wentworth, 41, in a letter posted on GLAAD's (Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) website.
"The situation is in no way acceptable."
"I cannot in good conscience participate in a celebratory occasion hosted by a country where people like myself are being systematically denied their basic right to live and love openly."
Russian heritage
Homosexuality was decriminalised in Russia in 1993, but anti-gay sentiment is high.
It has been widely criticised by Western politicians and human rights groups, and gay rights campaigners have launched a tentative campaign for a boycott of the 2014 Winter Olympic Games, due to be held in Sochi in February.
Wentworth, whose mother is of Russian origin, is best known for his role in the award-winning TV series Prison Break, for which he was nominated for a Golden Globe in 2006.
Most recently he wrote the screenplay for Stoker, starring Nicole Kidman and Mia Wasikowska, released in the UK earlier this year.
While his sexual orientation had been the subject of tabloid speculation, the actor had not publicly acknowledged he was gay until the letter was published.

IOC accepts Russian pledge over anti-gay law — up to a point
August 22, 2013
IOC president Jacques Rogge sought ‘clarification’ from the Russian authorities on the law amid concerns that gay competitors at the Winter Games in Sochi next February risked fines or even jail. Now the IOC has received what it has described as “reassurances from the Russian government that everyone will be welcome at the Games in Sochi regardless of their sexual orientation.”

‘Fundamental principles’

A statement from the IOC said that Deputy Prime Minister Kozak had underlined a Russian commitment “to comply strictly with the provisions of the Olympic Charter and its fundamental principles, according to item 6 of which “any form of discrimination with regard to a country or a person on grounds of race, religion, politics, gender or otherwise is incompatible with belonging to the Olympic Movement.”
He added: “The Russian Federation guarantees the fulfilment of its obligations before the International Olympic Committee in its entirety.”

The IOC has accepted Kozak’s ‘clarification’ but its own statement has left no doubt that was not retreating from its own stance that “sport is a human right and should be available to all regardless of race, sex or sexual orientation.”
In a cautionary further comment, the IOC added: “The Games themselves should be open to all, free of discrimination, and that applies to spectators, officials, media and of course athletes. We would oppose in the strongest terms any move that would jeopardise this principle.”
An ongoing concern will now focus around whether any participant at the Sochi Games will seek to test the limits of this uneasy stand-off.

No kids for gays

It Gets Worse: Russia Proposes Law To Deny Child Custody To Gay Parents
September 5, 2013
A new bill proposed in the Russian State Duma confirms that the country is specifically targeting LGBT people for oppression under its laws. The new legislation, proposed by MP Aleksey Zhuravlev, deputy of the Duma, would use a parent’s sexuality as grounds to deny child custody.

If an opposite-sex couple had children, but then one spouse came out as gay and they separated, that parent could be denied custody under this bill just for having a “non-traditional sexual orientation.” It similarly would deny custody on the grounds of alcoholism, drug use, a history of violence, insanity, and abuse.

According to Zhuravlev, it’s not just enough to ban “gay propaganda” in public spaces, “but also in the family” because it can do “great harm” to the child’s mind. To defend the bill, Zhuravlev cited the fraudulent Mark Regnerus study that claimed children were harmed by same-sex parenting.
read more: http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2013/09/05/2575731/worse-russia-proposes-law-deny-child-custody-gay-parents/

PS: (AP) Russian President Vladamir Putin says gay athletes will not be punished if they "raise rainbow flags or paint their fingernails in rainbow colors at the Olympics." Besides Russians don't discriminate! They love Tchaikovsky. And he's gay! Putin says, "Truth be told, we don't love him because of that, but he was a great musician and we all love his music."