• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Real Sports - Athletes, Teams & Men that we follow and admire.

Duke lost again to Virginia in overtime. But I am falling in love with 18 year old Duke Freshmen, Tyrece Proctor from Australia, for both his spectacular play on the court and for his hotness. :love:
E33B9D47-FAF8-4CFA-943F-1A2C60F6A3E4.jpeg

This week is a “magical week” for baseball fans as it has been for over a century, as it is a sign that a typically long hard winter is drawing to a close as the sounds of baseballs hitting the mitts of catchers can be heard in towns across Florida and Arizona. Those magical words are, “Pitchers & Catchers Report”. Opening Day is still six weeks away but for us dyed in the wool baseball fans, this is the first sign of a new season filled with hopes and dreams for the teams we follow and we love it!!!! :thumbup:

E5570BEB-0469-4B0A-AABC-48DBAD7CDD61.png

This week is a “magical week” for baseball fans as it has been for over a century, as it is a sign that a typically long hard winter is drawing to a close as the sounds of baseballs hitting the mitts of catchers can be heard in towns across Florida and Arizona. Those magical words are, “Pitchers & Catchers Report”. Opening Day is still six weeks away but for us dyed in the wool baseball fans, this is the first sign of a new season filled with hopes and dreams for the teams we follow and we love it!!!! :thumbup:

View attachment 119510
Some big rule changes effective 2023: The shift is banned; pitch clock on pitchers; bigger bases to help base stealers; games versus opponents in your division reduced from 19 to 13; and every team will play every other team in baseball; will make for an interesting year. The new rule that stays the same is every extra inning starts with a runner on second base. I would have ditched that new rule and have kept the new rule eliminated last year of doubleheaders consisting two seven inning games (what did that new rule in was probably teams that like to play day/night doubleheaders to get two separate ticket sales). What are your thoughts on this new rules situation, Mikeyank?

Some big rule changes effective 2023: The shift is banned; pitch clock on pitchers; bigger bases to help base stealers; games versus opponents in your division reduced from 19 to 13; and every team will play every other team in baseball; will make for an interesting year. The new rule that stays the same is every extra inning starts with a runner on second base. I would have ditched that new rule and have kept the new rule eliminated last year of doubleheaders consisting two seven inning games (what did that new rule in was probably teams that like to play day/night doubleheaders to get two separate ticket sales). What are your thoughts on this new rules situation, Mikeyank?
I am looking forward to Spring Training games for the first time since I used to go when the Yanks trained in Ft. Lauderdale, (Remember my “three B’s”?, Baseball, Beach & Boys. :sun: )

I do like all the new rules but until they play some games for us to see how they actually play out. AS far as the “ghost runner” at second, I’ve come to like that too. It’s not the way the game used to be played, but Extra inning games could be extra long and it would cost teams valuable pitching. So overall I am onboard with how things are going to be played in 2023! I’m ready!

65148F1C-1C64-462A-B68D-4816DA0C0974.jpeg

I am looking forward to Spring Training games for the first time since I used to go when the Yanks trained in Ft. Lauderdale, (Remember my “three B’s”?, Baseball, Beach & Boys. :sun: )

I do like all the new rules but until they play some games for us to see how they actually play out. AS far as the “ghost runner” at second, I’ve come to like that too. It’s not the way the game used to be played, but Extra inning games could be extra long and it would cost teams valuable pitching. So overall I am onboard with how things are going to be played in 2023! I’m ready!

View attachment 119526
Good point that we really have to wait and see how the new rules play out.

I love this stylized image of Duke’s Kyle Filipowski! Handsome young man and fine basketball player too!

View attachment 119917
Duke had a big 81-65 win over Virginia Tech this evening! With only a week to go before the ACC tournament followed by the NCAA tournament, the young Duke team may be coming together at just the right time!

Duke had a big 81-65 win over Virginia Tech this evening! With only a week to go before the ACC tournament followed by the NCAA tournament, the young Duke team may be coming together at just the right time!
Great win! Young team with four Freshmen starters coming together at exactly the right time. I’m thrilled at how young Jon Scheyer’s team is jelling. Go Duke!

PS. Are you okay kg? Br said you are going in for surgery. Hopefully nothing too serious. Get well quick.

Great win! Young team with four Freshmen starters coming together at exactly the right time. I’m thrilled at how young Jon Scheyer’s team is jelling. Go Duke!

PS. Are you okay kg? Br said you are going in for surgery. Hopefully nothing too serious. Get well quick.
Thanks, my last colonoscopy found a cancerous growth (my first ever) and it is going to be removed tomorrow. While it is major surgery, the doctors believe that they found it early enough. I appreciate your best wishes. As my day before prep starts at 4 P.M. and they are keeping me in the hospital until Wednesday or Thursday, I'm taking a hopefully short bread from the Forum until hopefully the end of the week

Thanks, my last colonoscopy found a cancerous growth (my first ever) and it is going to be removed tomorrow. While it is major surgery, the doctors believe that they found it early enough. I appreciate your best wishes. As my day before prep starts at 4 P.M. and they are keeping me in the hospital until Wednesday or Thursday, I'm taking a hopefully short bread from the Forum until hopefully the end of the week

All my best wishes to you for a speedy and full recovery!

I’m watching the Yankees spring training game from Tampa and I’m getting a look at the Yankees top draft choice out of Vanderbilt, 21 year old, 6’7”, 225 lb, Spencer Jones and he’s a cutie :smiley-love021:

CFE7742A-DD0C-47DA-9778-F83AF2B40F15.jpeg
C495434B-A66F-4BC6-B6FF-8EF3E719F6D6.jpeg
78C1203A-9DCD-44F5-B036-183F29BD5ED7.jpeg

Last edited: