• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Pray for our souls and freedoms

Just keeping my eye on the ball

I would like to reiterate Panzer's words in summation, "My prayers are with the victims both for the horrible instance that has given them national attention and for any and all invasions that will be visited upon them by the press. I would hope the majority of people want to be part of the solution." I would like to add further, this is a situation with a long-awaited overdue solution.

Sincerely,

Stimpy

Arizona Shooting

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, during the first stop in a four-day Middle Eastern tour, expressed solidarity with Arabs in battling domestic extremists, citing Saturday's attempted assassination of Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D) as an example of extremist-inspired violence in the United States.

"That is not who you are and that is not who we are," Clinton said during a television talk show in which she took questions from audience members. "We have to make clear that this does not represent either Arabs or Americans."

But it is a part of what American society is today. Unfortunately, its is probably no where near enough death for any significant change to be made in American society, and I suspect people know this. Perhaps the American political system is broken and the U.S. has too big of a population to be an effective democracy? I would have thought a President that brought in an effective gun ban and amnesty would go down in American history as saving generations of future people.

Undie

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, during the first stop in a four-day Middle Eastern tour, expressed solidarity with Arabs in battling domestic extremists, citing Saturday's attempted assassination of Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D) as an example of extremist-inspired violence in the United States.

"That is not who you are and that is not who we are," Clinton said during a television talk show in which she took questions from audience members. "We have to make clear that this does not represent either Arabs or Americans."

But it is a part of what American society is today. Unfortunately, its is probably no where near enough death for any significant change to be made in American society, and I suspect people know this. Perhaps the American political system is broken and the U.S. has too big of a population to be an effective democracy? I would have thought a President that brought in an effective gun ban and amnesty would go down in American history as saving generations of future people.

Undie

Dear Undie,

The gun lobby is filled with truly dangerous and unstable people. Most politicians, if they are to get re-elected or elected for the first time, must kiss their ass and ask for more.

You are right, the political process is broken due to greed, and greed, and more greed.

Sincerely.

Stimpy

How sad is it that when you read the news that it's either the senator, the dead judge or the 9 yo girl that you hear about. Very little is mentioned of the 3 elderlies in their 70s that were also murdered. It is just as painful for their families as it is for the families of the aforementioned, so let's think about them too.

At a time when corporate corruption, personal greed, and demonic intolerance dominates most conversation and political turmoil becomes so divisive that even the basic rules of civilization become weapons we use against each other: freedom of speech, of religion, of love, it seems as if hope vanishes. We are afraid to look forward when the present is so clouded with the smoke and death in Arizona, the fear and torture in Uganda, the rampage and destruction of nature in Australia. Then something like this comes along and there does seem to be a light - not at the end of this tunnel or the next one - but somewhere up ahead - it has to get better. We have to learn. (Go full screen on this. It deserves it.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY59wZdCDo0

At a time when corporate corruption, personal greed, and demonic intolerance dominates most conversation and political turmoil becomes so divisive that even the basic rules of civilization become weapons we use against each other: freedom of speech, of religion, of love, it seems as if hope vanishes. We are afraid to look forward when the present is so clouded with the smoke and death in Arizona, the fear and torture in Uganda, the rampage and destruction of nature in Australia. Then something like this comes along and there does seem to be a light - not at the end of this tunnel or the next one - but somewhere up ahead - it has to get better. We have to learn. (Go full screen on this. It deserves it.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY59wZdCDo0

It's painting a picture of perfection when we know there is no perfection. This thread is about how and why a crazy nut went out and was able to gun down innocent people, so cut the crap about NASA, it means fuck all.

But it's not just in the US its over here in the UK as mentioned in my previous post and throughout the world. We must treat the gun threat individually though and press your mayor or congressman to vote anti gun. True we will never get rid of the nutters on the street, but if we make the availability of weapons that much harder, they will end up using pea shooters. Think about it.

This thread is about prayer for souls, jon, and freedom, so quit acting like a year six school boy who failed his eleven plus and wants to prove to the world how smart he is. Go back and look at what you said. If we all write our congressman or MP or Justice of the Peace and they throw all the guns in the Hudson River or the Thames or the Bay of Pigs and we finally end up in a world without guns then we'll have to learn to talk to each other and maybe we'll find a way to cure the kind of sickness that brought about the horrors of this week. In the meantime, we're hurting over here, jon. We're in pain! So, if just for a few minutes, you could give us the privilege of thinking about a world where nine year olds don't have to die and supermarkets don't have to become slaughter houses - then bow you head and shut your mouth. It will be centuries before we see the end of guns and war and murder and it will come because we strive for perfection not because we try to force it on each other!

It's painting a picture of perfection when we know there is no perfection. This thread is about how and why a crazy nut went out and was able to gun down innocent people, so cut the crap about NASA, it means fuck all.

But it's not just in the US its over here in the UK as mentioned in my previous post and throughout the world. We must treat the gun threat individually though and press your mayor or congressman to vote anti gun. True we will never get rid of the nutters on the street, but if we make the availability of weapons that much harder, they will end up using pea shooters. Think about it.

Spain now has the strictest anti-smoking laws in Europe to add to it's gay marriage credentials. If there is consensus to get something done, it can often get done.

The Arizona shootings are a clear example of a trend in the USA that needs to be addressed. And you are right to use the strongest language you can muster to decry the flaccid gun laws that contribute to it (together with the "founding fathers" mindset that allows them).

I would normally urge you to keep silent for a week or two on this, wait till we Americans have had a little quiet time to commune with our sorrow. By then the whole thing will be stale news and we can slide uneasily back into our patriotic fantasy, that this shooting is just a blip on our spotless screen and that this "isn't who we really are". But after further consideration, I think you're right to hit us while we're reeling. I know us too well to think anything less makes a dent.

You're such a mature and thoughtful, old-fashioned, straight-arrow kid jon. Thanks for your concern and advice.

Spain now has the strictest anti-smoking laws in Europe to add to it's gay marriage credentials. If there is consensus to get something done, it can often get done.

The Arizona shootings are a clear example of a trend in the USA that needs to be addressed. And you are right to use the strongest language you can muster to decry the flaccid gun laws that contribute to it (together with the "founding fathers" mindset that allows them).

I would normally urge you to keep silent for a week or two on this, wait till we Americans have had a little quiet time to commune with our sorrow. By then the whole thing will be stale news and we can slide uneasily back into our patriotic fantasy, that this shooting is just a blip on our spotless screen and that this "isn't who we really are". But after further consideration, I think you're right to hit us while we're reeling. I know us too well to think anything less makes a dent.

You're such a mature and thoughtful, old-fashioned, straight-arrow kid jon. Thanks for your concern and advice.

Thanks Slim but obviously not all think the same, but there again I don't give a fuck about people who come and go and change their names and sex to suit.

This thread is about prayer for souls, jon, and freedom, so quit acting like a year six school boy who failed his eleven plus and wants to prove to the world how smart he is. Go back and look at what you said. If we all write our congressman or MP or Justice of the Peace and they throw all the guns in the Hudson River or the Thames or the Bay of Pigs and we finally end up in a world without guns then we'll have to learn to talk to each other and maybe we'll find a way to cure the kind of sickness that brought about the horrors of this week. In the meantime, we're hurting over here, jon. We're in pain! So, if just for a few minutes, you could give us the privilege of thinking about a world where nine year olds don't have to die and supermarkets don't have to become slaughter houses - then bow you head and shut your mouth. It will be centuries before we see the end of guns and war and murder and it will come because we strive for perfection not because we try to force it on each other!

What an asshole you are Rifle or whatever you want to call yourself. Always wanting to get personal by digging up information about members' previous posts although you were never involved with the thread. I guess all you writers are the same, a bit like the intelligence bureau gathering all the info about people and stacking it away until you feel it is an appropriate time to post. It's a sad kinda life that you lead and I feel so sorry for your husband or wife and kids to be associated with such a psychopath.

And for your info, the uk doesn't have 11 plus, I thought they got rid of that in the early 70s but I'll ask my granny who is prob the same age as you. I achieved 9 GCSEs but didn't go on to higher education because it sucks and judging by the students behaviour of late I'm dead right. I got an apprenticeship with BT which is a 4 years on the job training combines with college where I got a HND in electronics. Oh yes and whilst I was on this apprenticeship I got a full uk driving licence, uk passport and sent overseas for training, all courtesy of BT. I'm now on an excellent wage for someone my age, have my own car and saving up for my own home. Mind you I suppose your intelligent sources have told you that anyway.

Going back to what I wrote earlier, I did and do feel sympathy for those that died and also their families, just as I did for 911 and the uk tube bombings. I just made a point about how guns should be banned and also how everyone seemed to home on the judge and the 9yo deaths and forgot about the 3 x 70s. They have families too, but I suppose reporting those doesn't have the same impact as a judge or a 9yo.

So finally, before you shoot at the hip - if you still have one of course, read through the posts a bit more carefully and be ashamed that a 23 yo brit guy has made you to look and sound like a jerk.

I don't feel like a jerk at all, jon. No one would have known that about you had you not just said it. How would I have known anything about your past? My comment had to do with the fact that you always shoot off your mouth like a pugnacious school boy. "Don't talk about this." "This is what we'll talk about." Right now we're walking a very thin line over here. Those who are screaming gun control are being met by an opposition who say "you can't blame this on us." And, they are right. This one was due to insanity. What we have to go for is control of gun clips and rapid fire and registration - anything to limit. We have a congress at this time that is not going to vote for anything. They are all pro-gun, bought and paid for by the gun lobby, and it's going to take careful planning and careful lobbying and careful maneuvering to produce anything from them. They will have to be led and not driven by either hysteria or outrage. That is our shame for having elected them.

As to my comment about the schoolboy - please accept my deepest apology. I had no way of knowing and, had I known, I would never had said any such thing. You should be very proud for what you have accomplished. My grandfather did not finish the fifth grade and died owning three banks. Sometimes I think those who are challenged by life at an early age and accept its challenges are vastly superior to us all. You come away from that challenge with a better feeling for how to succeed.

Please leave your egos checked at the door!

To whom it may concern:

Just a reminder, this thread is not all about "he said, he said" as some trite afternoon soap opera/family feud/divorce court. We don't need two grown men throwing creme pies in each others face in response to this tragic occurance. What we need is rational, objective, and enlightening discussions dealing with possible solutions to this most painful and unnecessary human disaster.

Both of you have made and continue to be capable of making further excellent points, so otherwise lets agree to "zip it" unless you have something constructive to contribute. Ask yourself, haven't we seen been visited by enough needless violence already? Then, for sure both of you are encouraged to contribute, but only on a positive mode! I do not believe any one person has a monopoly on truth unless they be a "Deity".

Thanks, but No Thanks, also! Please leave your egos checked at the door!
(I can say this because I am probably older than your ages combined! Age has its privileges afterall, if limited.)
Now go in peace to serve the betterment of mankind!

Sincerely,

Cumrag27, aka Stimpy

I just noticed my prior response above listed at the time my Post as "666". Let's hope this is not a sign or something. Just a little levity to balance out my prior post.

Sincerely,

Cumrag27, aka Stimpy

Dear kumkwat (just a little further levity), you are certainly spritely for 110+.

Needing reading glasses????

Dear kumkwat (just a little further levity), you are certainly spritely for 110+.

Dear aqualung (levity no doubt)

I can't tell you how many other members on Broke Straight Boys are even older than 110. It is all in what your eat or swallow!

Sincerely,

Cumrag27, aka Stimpy