• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Ponderings for April 16th 2022

chac54 43 is young & I reached my physical peak at 52, so you have many good years ahead of you.

Chac, I hope you are sleeping better.

I am, thanks for asking :) on Sat I got about 6 hours and a scooch more on Sunday, I can definitely work with that. I didn't do much other than visit family and drive through a car wash all weekend (and watch TV) LOL

I just get all worked up (usually stress related) and the brain doesn't shutdown unfortunately. Then after a few days of shitty sleep I tend to start getting better. It's a cycle and once it starts it just sucks for those few days.

A nice video someone put together with video about the train "City of New Orleans." I'd love to ride it someday, Amtrak still runs the route, coach is around $110 one way.

NCIS New Orleans is one of my favorite shows. Glad you are sleeping better, CHAC

A nice video someone put together with video about the train "City of New Orleans." I'd love to ride it someday, Amtrak still runs the route, coach is around $110 one way.

Great video of another great Arlo Guthrie song. Much like his father, Woody Guthrie, Arlo is an American treasure. Thank you once again Chac. You indeed have an “old soul”, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and favorites with us here.

It is most interesting and telling how varied the Forum members tastes are in music. I suppose that is true for a wide variety of thing. One thing is sure this a good thing & makes people better friends.

It is most interesting and telling how varied the Forum members tastes are in music. I suppose that is true for a wide variety of thing. One thing is sure this a good thing & makes people better friends.
Very true!

I am looking forward to the fall, cooler weather, pumpkin spice flavored things and one of my all time favorites: hot mulled apple cider. There is something so comforting about a nice hot beverage (splash of rum??) a cool night and a nice starry sky to look at.

It's been 21 years since 9/11, I can't believe it. I'm not normally a praying man, to quote Robert Langdon: "Faith is a gift which I have yet to receive." But the way the world seems to be heading, I think it can't hurt. I pray for peace, I pray for people to find opportunities to build friendships instead of hatred, and I pray that you all have a great night filled with warmth and love.

Edit: fix a word, my Google keyboard thinks it knows what I want to say 🤣

Last edited:
I am looking forward to the fall, cooler weather, pumpkin spice flavored things and one of my all time favorites: hot mulled apple cider. There is something so comforting about a nice not beverage (splash of rum??) a cool night and a nice starry sky to look at.

It's been 21 years since 9/11, I can't believe it. I'm not normally a praying man, to quote Robert Langdon: "Faith is a gift which I have yet to receive." But the way the world seems to be heading, I think it can't hurt. I pray for peace, I pray for people to find opportunities to build friendships instead of hatred, and I pray that you all have a great night filled with warmth and love.
I was at work on the morning of September 11, 2001 and listening to the radio as things became clear what was happening. All of the events of that morning, including exactly where I was standing at work as things became clear to me what was happening, my drive home, (after my boss called me and told me to lock up and send everyone home), as far as the police would allow and parking my car near Prospect Park, and walking the last few miles and seeing the faces of the people leaving Manhattan who had walked across the Brooklyn Bridge to leave Manhattan as all public transportation ceased running. I agree Chac, I don’t normally pray either, but it sure can’t hurt in the world we live in which has gotten exponentially worse in the last twenty-one years. Praying can’t hurt at all.

I am back on my regular two days a week work schedule. And today was a catch up day for me on various tasks and to relax watching YouTube on my big screen TV as I’m doing now as I type on my iPad. I have my window open looking out onto the street and for the first time in months there is a cool breeze coming through the window.

As I was out and about earlier today I did note that guys are still in shorts and t shirts and I was thinking that as the season changes I will be seeing less of that as folks will wear warmer clothing and covering up. So I will try to enjoy the “scenery” while I can still get to see it. 😋

Saturday I am going on an organized walking tour in a very interesting neighborhood of Brooklyn called Bushwick. The forecast is sunny and a high of 80 degrees Fahrenheit. I of course will take pics and share. Have a great weekend my fellow forumites.

I am back on my regular two days a week work schedule. And today was a catch up day for me on various tasks and to relax watching YouTube on my big screen TV as I’m doing now as I type on my iPad. I have my window open looking out onto the street and for the first time in months there is a cool breeze coming through the window.

As I was out and about earlier today I did note that guys are still in shorts and t shirts and I was thinking that as the season changes I will be seeing less of that as folks will wear warmer clothing and covering up. So I will try to enjoy the “scenery” while I can still get to see it. 😋

Saturday I am going on an organized walking tour in a very interesting neighborhood of Brooklyn called Bushwick. The forecast is sunny and a high of 80 degrees Fahrenheit. I of course will take pics and share. Have a great weekend my fellow forumites.
Yes, it's so nice to have the windows open again! It's a comfortable 61 here now.

Enjoy the night my friends!

Well another beautiful weekend, went to a baseball game for my nephew yesterday. Spent most of today just relaxing, I probably should have been cleaning the house, but I am almost done with watching Shameless, I didn't want to stop LOL

I stopped by and picked up my Dad and we went out for a quick bite to eat before the game, we had some company loudly complaining that we were not sharing our meal 😂

Sleep well my friends!

Attachments

• lunch.jpg
    lunch.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 42
Well another beautiful weekend, went to a baseball game for my nephew yesterday. Spent most of today just relaxing, I probably should have been cleaning the house, but I am almost done with watching Shameless, I didn't want to stop LOL

I stopped by and picked up my Dad and we went out for a quick bite to eat before the game, we had some company loudly complaining that we were not sharing our meal 😂

Sleep well my friends!
You are most fortunate to have a parent alive. My parents had me old due to economics & I lost them very sarly. I was fortunate in that both were great.

Today is the beginning of my usual four day weekend from my work schedule of Monday & Wednesday and this week it will be a six day weekend as we are closed Monday & Tuesday next week for Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year. I’m glad I was up early and got outside to buy my newspaper as it is now poring rain with thunder and lightening mixed in. It was warm and humid when I woke up and I turned my air conditioner on, but this may be the end of air conditioning season, as a cold front is coming in and the forecast is for temps in the high 50’s tonight and tomorrow.

We are less than six weeks away from Halloween, with Thanksgiving less than a month after that, followed by Christmas and New Year’s another month later. It sure goes by fast……….Let me be the first to wish you all :athxg::xmaschristmas:

I love that Mark has left our traditional old forum emojis on the new message board, lol

Today is the beginning of my usual four day weekend from my work schedule of Monday & Wednesday and this week it will be a six day weekend as we are closed Monday & Tuesday next week for Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year. I’m glad I was up early and got outside to buy my newspaper as it is now poring rain with thunder and lightening mixed in. It was warm and humid when I woke up and I turned my air conditioner on, but this may be the end of air conditioning season, as a cold front is coming in and the forecast is for temps in the high 50’s tonight and tomorrow.

We are less than six weeks away from Halloween, with Thanksgiving less than a month after that, followed by Christmas and New Year’s another month later. It sure goes by fast……….Let me be the first to wish you all :athxg::xmaschristmas:

I love that Mark has left our traditional old forum emojis on the new message board, lol

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to you and all our friends here!!

The temperature sure did drop this evening. As autumn starts tomorrow it suddenly feels like it tonight 🥶
Yeah, it sure did! I actually used a throw blanket to cover my legs as I watched TV tonight. I won't put the heat on, yet... I love being all wrapped up like a burrito in quilts, makes me happy and relaxed for some reason, probably simulates the feeling of a hug 🤗

I can't wait to pull out the crockpot and throw a gallon of apple cider in with some mulling spices. So yummy and warming, especially with a splash of your favorite booze 😁

Oh, and a random dirty shower thought... Why does Shout stain remover look like cum when you spray it on stains??

Yeah, it sure did! I actually used a throw blanket to cover my legs as I watched TV tonight. I won't put the heat on, yet... I love being all wrapped up like a burrito in quilts, makes me happy and relaxed for some reason, probably simulates the feeling of a hug 🤗

I can't wait to pull out the crockpot and throw a gallon of apple cider in with some mulling spices. So yummy and warming, especially with a splash of your favorite booze 😁

Oh, and a random dirty shower thought... Why does Shout stain remover look like cum when you spray it on stains??

I love it! You are funny and dirty and sentimental. You are such a great forumite. And with young Max joining us this week too, the forum family feels warm and fuzzy again. Sleep well sweet Chac. I love having you here. :001_smile: